Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice (3514 Views)

Gtbank Rumored Job Interview In Lagos (Photos) / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? / Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by sashx(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2015
Hi Nlanders,

I need your candid advise on a decision I am about to take. Access bank is offering me an Assistant Banking Officer post in their marketing department while I am an Executive trainee in GTbank also in marketing. I am not expecting any promotion now in GTBank and my appraisal has been just fair this year. They are going to give me the chance to work in a town of my choice.

1 Like

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by 234GT(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2015
If your appraisal at gtbank now is fair, please move on to access bank!

1 Like

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by baumolina(m): 11:25pm On May 15, 2015
Accessbank would afford you the opportunities to excel in ur career.With ABO,you can get promoted if you were able to deliver your targets in a year to BO or get double promotion in a year

Do ensure you are a performer before you enter,otherwise stick with gtb

1 Like

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by jireh250: 11:56pm On May 15, 2015
Go for Access Bank. Although I detest their work culture, banking these days is about moving and getting higher levels. For all you know, you may not be promoted in GT even after 3yrs...that's banking for you.

2 Likes

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by lolaluv1(f): 4:44am On May 16, 2015
Hope you know a lot is expected of you if you join Access as an experienced hand.
Are your existing customers willing and able to 'support' you when you change banks? Can you meet Access ' killing targets?

If your answers to the above questions = NO, Then hold your peace right where you are.

You have a better chance of survival in the bank that trained you Because let's face it, banking is like the mafian world. You need your roots to survive.

This is my own perspective, and It's not to hinder you from aiming for next level. Just think it through.

3 Likes

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by sashx(m): 5:55am On May 16, 2015
Thank you all for the advice. I ve totally lost faith in GTB appraisal cox is not about your deliverables but about how you boot lick your superiors. What I am sooo worried about Access bank is their service culture. Heard many negative reviews about their employee relationship.

1 Like

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by Adesiji77: 6:03am On May 16, 2015
lolaluv1:
Hope you know a lot is expected of you if you join Access as an experienced hand.
Are your existing customers willing and able to 'support' you when you change banks? Can you meet Access ' killing targets?

If your answers to the above questions = NO, Then hold your peace right where you are.

You have a better chance of survival in the bank that trained you Because let's face it, banking is like the mafian world. You need your roots to survive.

This is my own perspective, and It's not to hinder you from aiming for next level. Just think it through.

You nailed it! cool

1 Like

Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by Xtaceeey: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
sashx:
Thank you all for the advice. I ve totally lost faith in GTB appraisal cox is not about your deliverables but about how you boot lick your superiors. What I am sooo worried about Access bank is their service culture. Heard many negative reviews about their employee relationship.

So true....
Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by kakashi12(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
sashx:
Hi Nlanders,

I need your candid advise on a decision I am about to take. Access bank is offering me an Assistant Banking Officer post in their marketing department while I am an Executive trainee in GTbank also in marketing. I am not expecting any promotion now in GTBank and my appraisal has been just fair this year. They are going to give me the chance to work in a town of my choice.
Bros...how you get the connect for access Bank..Guy go to access and be an ABO. Promotions are slower these days..so move and progress ur careeer
Re: Between Gtbank As An ET And Access Bank As An Abo:please Advice by charliesyndrom: 4:20am On May 24, 2022
Hello, I sent u a mail

sashx:
Hi Nlanders,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn #50,000+ With MTN Affiliate Program / General Meeting For Those Who Borrowed Money From Loan Shark Apps... / Deltafrik Engineering Test Tips For Trainee(urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.