Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! (12184 Views)

Naf Expands Yola Airport Apron,Conducts Eye Surgery On 2nd Batch Of IDPs(Photos) / The State Of Nkannah Bridge That Connects Arochukwu Community To Akwa Ibom / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by tupem: 9:10am On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle spare me your epistle. We shall sort out ourselves.
Bros! sort out yourselves first! others will definitely take cue!
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:12am On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
it is a combination of NE and North Central..

www.google.com

#I know when people ask mischievous question#
I asked a simple question...dunno where you see the mischief

You might wanna calm down....if you keep going like this......

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:14am On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
it is a combination of NE and North Central..

www.google.com

#I know when people ask mischievous question#

And to think you accused me of being a 'hypocrite' when you're doing exactly what you were preaching to me abt

Chai this life ehn

4 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Kx: 9:17am On May 16, 2015
It is simply annoying.

Indeed ojukwu saw this coming.

No restructuring can address fundamental flaws. Can only amount to scratching the surface.
The lots of tompolo, asari and all those self seeking naija delta forces should have had better and more selfless objective than lining their pockets.
With all those kidnapping then, the world would have backed a more intelligent naija delta only and or ss/se break away on account of deprivation and all the ills seen in that region.

I wish people can have a more people based and intelligent nationalistic agitations than the stipends kuku and nddc are doling out now.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
Thanks for your "support" but I don't need you to tell me when, where and how to go about it. Thanks anyways

True that but many of us will be happy to see it happen very quickly. No need to waste time on ranting online.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by joeyfire(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

You chose to post the pictures that suit your purpose. No problems.

The question is, the one wey dey die, na who cause am?

Who is responsible for the crude "oil refining" resulting in spilling and pollution?

Who is responsible for oil bunkering?

Who is responsible for not using the funds given to the oil producing states for development?

The answer to all of these questions is the leaders and elders of those states who decided to pocket their own share of the nation's wealth.

Your questions are crafted to suit your own purpose

Do bunkerers flare gas?

How do the leaders of the states cause environmental pollution?

So if they have bad leaders they should not get special revenue but should get the same as the community that is already gaining?

Nigerians are very wicked ppl o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:21am On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

And to think you accused me of being a 'hypocrite' when you're doing exactly what you were preaching to me abt

Chai this life ehn
It is mischievous because you asked a question that you already know the answer. I have seen you comment on "Lower niger Threads" before now. If you feel that you still need answers, then try www.google.com or take the NE-NC answer.

Pls check the meaning of Hypocrisy cool

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2015
joeyfire:

Your questions are crafted to suit your own purpose

Do bunkerers flare gas?

How do the leaders of the states cause environmental pollution?

So if they have bad leaders they should not get special revenue but should get the same as the community that is already gaining?

Nigerians are very wicked ppl o

Bunkerers don't flare gas but they pollute and degrade the environment, right?

All ND states already get special revenues for being oil producing states. They get 13% derivation fund monthly, they have NDDC with separate budgets and there is Ministry of Niger Delta affairs.

And there are more plans for the area. So, what are ND problems?

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2015
seunmsg:

Nigeria and her resources belongs to all of us irrespective of the region hosting the resources. We must collectively benefit from it whether Lagos or Niger Delta.
What about Nigerian land?
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:25am On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
It is mischievous because you asked a question that you already know the answer. I have seen you comment on "Lower niger Threads" before now. If you feel that you still need answers, then try www.google.com or take the NE-NC answer.

Pls check the meaning of Hypocrisy cool

Naaah you should have checked the meaning before accusing me of it......guess it was your subconscious telling you what you are

*drops mic* *walks out of thread*

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by joeyfire(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

PDP dominates the NASS not APC

NO sir check well
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Chai this life ehn

Maybe you no gree for am? shocked grin cool

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by VolvoS60(m): 9:28am On May 16, 2015
undecided

This redefinition of 'host communities' has more or less rendered the term meaningless.

Nigeria is a deeply unjust country on so many levels. undecided Some people make the argument that the leaders in oil producing communities, states and governments will simply waste and steal any increased funding made to such areas - and as such there should be an embargo on such funding. But that is no solution and it simply ignores the question raised. The argument that oil producing LGs and states should receive more from the federal purse is an argument that stands on its own merit anyday, anytime. The proper solution to the fear of corruption and illegal diversion of any increased funding (made to oil producing areas) is to make it very hard for this corruption and diversion to happen - and you do this by fixing the police, the EFCC, the judiciary and other agents of government. In other words, you strengthen your institutions.

Unfortunately, the outgoing administration (both the executive and the legislature but largely the executive) failed to punish offenders or strengthen institutions. The redefinition of the PIB by the lawmakers is the outcome of that failure.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:30am On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Maybe you no gree for am? shocked grin cool
Lool you dey mind am grin

Always so quick to point fingers....but he hasn't removed the log in his eyes and he wants to remove the spec in mine.....
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by pazienza(m): 9:31am On May 16, 2015
This is wickedness, my town has no drop of crude oil, so I stand to benefit from this law, but even so, I know this law if passed will be the highest height of wickedness, how these folks even manage to sleep at night with their conscience not troubling them is a mystery to me.

How can you rob a region like this. How would you feel if in their shoes. Something is really wrong with the Blackman, why does he like oppression so much?

4 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by joeyfire(m): 9:31am On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Bunkerers don't flare gas but they pollute and degrade the environment, right?

All ND states already get special revenues for being oil producing states. They get 13% derivation fund monthly, they have NDDC with separate budgets and there is Ministry of Niger Delta affairs.

And there are more plans for the area. So, what are ND problems?

The problem is cheating and 13% is robbery sir. Host communities MUST not suffer anymore
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:32am On May 16, 2015
Okay folks!

I , noblezone do hereby celebrate this landmark proclamation by the internal colonial masters that the Nigeria is now to be known as addressed s "oil host community"

If this oil is found in Kano will all Nigeria be "host community"?

Any, I am happy this came up.
Every person from the Lower Niger (former Easter region) can see why we want Nigeria split.

7 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by egift(m): 9:33am On May 16, 2015
DaGC:
By this same logic, oil belongs to the Niger Deltans but Nigerians can still benefit from it. It has always been the lifeline of the country.

That has been the case. Nobody has ever denied that the immediate communities where these resources are located should not be given special attention and development. The problem is when people who do not even own a drop of crude start shout "Our Oil".

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:36am On May 16, 2015
Afam4eva:

What about Nigerian land?
SS/SE are conquered territories. They belong to oga @ the top, while others keep their land.

#Fraud-geria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2015
joeyfire:

The problem is cheating and 13% is robbery sir. Host communities MUST not suffer anymore

I gave you three different means by which the FG addresses ND issues and you picked on only the 13%! What about the NDDC and ministry of ND Affairs?

You know what? THE "OYEL" IS NIGERIA "OYEL" NOT UNTIL THAT REGION IS NO LONGER PART OF NIGERIA. SIMPLE AS ABC.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:41am On May 16, 2015
noblezone:
Okay folks!

I , noblezone do hereby celebrate this landmark proclamation by the internal colonial masters that the Nigeria is now to be known as addressed s "oil host community"

If this oil is found in Kano will all Nigeria be "host community"?

Any, I am happy this came up.
Every person from the Lower Niger (former Easter region) can see why we want Nigeria split.

Welcome to Fraudgeria
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by joeyfire(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

I gave you three different means by which the FG addresses ND issues and you picked on only the 13%! What about the NDDC and ministry of ND Affairs?

You know what? THE "OYEL" IS NIGERIA "OYEL" NOT UNTIL THAT REGION IS NO LONGER PART OF NIGERIA. SIMPLE AS ABC.

How do NDDC and ND ministry address local govt (host communities)? Its fraud

Whlle we are part of naija we want 50% to go to host communities. Is that a problem to u?

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Vicotex(m): 9:53am On May 16, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
There is oil at ebonyi allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Ebonyi: Waiting for Oil Exploration
allafrica.com/stories/200203130022.html
13 Mar 2002 ... Yet there is crude oil deposit in Edda, Ebonyi State discovered several years ago. The Federal ...
ᅫEDDA, na my home be that na
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 9:54am On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Bros, is the entire Nigeria "host community"?

Yes or no?
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 9:58am On May 16, 2015
joeyfire:

How do NDDC and ND ministry address local govt (host communities)? Its fraud

Whlle we are part of naija we want 50% to go to host communities. Is that a problem to u?

Part of the 13% should be used for the local communities. And why can't NDDC and Min of ND take care of the local communities as well?

I don't have a problem with whatever percentage you get from oil. However, it is what your reps and senators should fight for and not by crying murder ONLY after GEJ's loss. That's my problem actually.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Dejohnbull: 10:04am On May 16, 2015
This zoo is going to burn faster than we expect

1 Like

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by PassingShot(m): 10:04am On May 16, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, is the entire Nigeria "host community"?

Yes or no?

It can't be.

But reading the report makes more sense than the title. A community where pipeline passes through should benefit from the fund even if it's 20 or 30 percentage. After all, oil transportation is a key part of the process.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by BlackTechnology: 10:10am On May 16, 2015
egift:
Nice move. I keep laughing when even folks that do not have a barrel of crude start shouting "Our Oil". Every deposit of National Resources in Nigeria, despite its location belong to every Nigeria. If you don't like it, trek across the Sahara in the North or jump into the Atlantic Ocean in the South and start swimming offshore.

What is left now is for Buhari to make sure that everyone benefits.

Only a thief lusts after another man's property

Are you a thief.? undecided

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 10:35am On May 16, 2015
So you don't know about it? It was first discovered in 1926, it was documented in Enugu archive
Vicotex:
ᅫEDDA, na my home be that na
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by SOUNDKING: 10:44am On May 16, 2015
joeyfire:
I need a referendum pls. This country seems to be going nuts. Its not by force to do one Nigeria
my brother no be small thing o.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2015
Well it seems the reps of the Niger Delta were comfortable with the move.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by SOUNDKING: 10:46am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:
Freedom is never willingly granted by the oppressor; the oppresses must seek it by any means necessary!

an easy statement for those bashing radio biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Rescued Lagos Students To Meet With Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Aso Rock / SSA To Justice Onnoghen Debunks Rumoured EFCC Raid On Cjn's Residence / MACBAN: Fulani Herdsmen Need Money, Won’t Buy Forms For Presidential Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.