Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Why Only Men? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Only Men? (2461 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Only Men? by earTHMama: 8:21am On Feb 10, 2009
Why are men always voted as the leader of Afenifere, Arewa, Ohaneze ndigbo, ohaneze ndi ijaw, ohaneze ndi Tiv and Ohaneze ndi Edo?. Are we not ripe yet to vote a woman into those positions, may be it'll bring some glamorous changes.
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2009
A Man is the head by God's design
Re: Why Only Men? by earTHMama: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2009
A Man is the head by God's design
What of countries that elected female presidents. Are they disobeying God by doing so?. If a woman can be a president of a country, why not the comptroller of afenifere which is more of a political union?
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2009
Exceptions may arise when men fail to/ are reluctant to take up responsibilities.
Re: Why Only Men? by temi4rea(f): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2009
It is always believed that the man is the head, and must be respect as the leader in every suituation,

We've acually seen suituation where men are the front leaders and their women mk decision for them,

U understand nw. smiley
Re: Why Only Men? by earTHMama: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2009
Exceptions may arise when men fail to/ are reluctant to take up responsibilities.
Will you claim that the heads of Afenifere, Ohaneze and Arewa have been doing very well?. If no, why not let women handle their affairs?
Re: Why Only Men? by earTHMama: 10:37am On Feb 10, 2009
We've acually seen suituation where men are the front leaders and their women mk decision for them,
We can as well make women the front leaders and let the men in their lives help them with decisions.
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2009
earTHMama:

Will you claim that the heads of Afenifere, Ohaneze and Arewa have been doing very well?. If no, why not let women handle their affairs?

It's not that straight - forward
Re: Why Only Men? by JJYOU: 10:46am On Feb 10, 2009
funmi when are you going to stand?
Re: Why Only Men? by earTHMama: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2009
funmi when are you going to stand?
Am I lame? tongue tongue
Re: Why Only Men? by JJYOU: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2009
earTHMama:

Am I lame? tongue tongue
as in aro? yes.

when are you standing for elective office? if i catch u. how are you?
Re: Why Only Men? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2009
earTHMama:

Why are men always voted as the leader of Afenifere, Arewa, Ohaneze ndigbo, ohaneze ndi ijaw, ohaneze ndi Tiv and Ohaneze ndi Edo?. Are we not ripe yet to vote a woman into those positions, may be it'll bring some glamorous changes.
Other groups beside Igbo call theirs "Ohaneze" as well?

earTHMama, are you a feminist?
Re: Why Only Men? by jamace(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Why Only Men? by FBS: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2009
A man is the head and divinely designed.
Re: Why Only Men? by temi4rea(f): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2009
FBS:

A man is the head and divinely designed.

Help me tell Earthmama smiley
Re: Why Only Men? by preselect(m): 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2009
may be after the first female pope, things may change
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2009
Ahahahhahahhaha!

Divine indeed. God doesn't exist in my house so you must earn whatever you get.

Head my foot. Ahahhahahah!
Re: Why Only Men? by Moyola(f): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2009
pres-elect:

may be after the first female pope, things may change

You know quite well that can never happen! cheesy

And if it's going to, that's sure not gon b in this life time!
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2009
michelin89:

Ahahahhahahhaha!

You mean you do not believe in God 
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
echelon:

You mean you do not believe in God 

Prince Charming is more real than him!
Re: Why Only Men? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2009
In America single moms women are increasingly heading more homes. What are you saying?

Women are doing very well in many parts of the world. We currently have 11 heads of governments as women!
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2009
RichyBlacK:

In America single moms women are increasingly heading more homes. What are you saying?

Women are doing very well in many parts of the world. We currently have 11 heads of governments as women!

But then always in absence of men right?
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2009
michelin89:

May God help you. Amen.
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
echelon:

May God help you. Amen.

How ignorant can you get?
Re: Why Only Men? by ChinenyeN(m): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2009
michelin89:

How ignorant can you get?
How was his comment ignorant?
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2009
michelin89:

Ahahahhahahhaha!

Head my foot. Ahahhahahah!

echelon:

May God help you. Amen.

That is ignorance!
Re: Why Only Men? by ChinenyeN(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2009
"How?", is my question, not "What?".
Re: Why Only Men? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2009
ChinenyeN:

"How?", is my question, not "What?".

Listen Chine I hate bigots and echen or whatever his name is is a motherfucking bigot. He is one of those balless men who won't do a damn to earn any respect but expect his wife to bow at him just because a being who likes killing the first born of innocent families told him he is the head even though he was retarded.

I don't give a damn about him or his false god and if he says that god should help me I take it as an offence because I don't need help from that psychotic who some people have decided to consider their creator.

Let them live in their mental disordered world, but never should he use those stinky fingers of his to relate me to his dog!
Re: Why Only Men? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
michelin89:

Listen Chine I hate bigots and echen or whatever his name is is a motherfucking bigot. He is one of those balless men who won't do a damn to earn any respect but expect his wife to bow at him just because a being who likes killing the first born of innocent families told him he is the head even though he was retarded.
I didn't know you knew Echelon that well.

michelin89:

I don't give a damn about him or his false god and if he says that god should help me I take it as an offence because I don't need help from that psychotic who some people have decided to consider their creator.
Hmm. . . ok. . .

michelin89:

Let them live in their mental disordered world, but never should he use those stinky fingers of his to relate me to his dog!
Hmm. . .

and Echelon (or his statement) is ignorant, how?
Re: Why Only Men? by echelon(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
Chinenye,

Hardly is there any need to argue with an atheist. The best you can do for them is pray.
Re: Why Only Men? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
Echelon, yeah. . but I'm not here to argue. I just want to understand what she means by "ignorant".
Re: Why Only Men? by AloyEmeka9: 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2009
Sweetheart wetin naw?. Wetin God do you? I never see Calabar woman wey be atheist before. na you be the first and I must convert you very soon. Watch out. cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garri And Sugar Given To Drunk People, How Effective? / Who Knows This Great Fulani Diet / I Found Giants Footprints In Nigeria And Cameroon. SHOCKING!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.