Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why You Will Not Fail A Course In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Will Not Fail A Course In The University (734 Views)

Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Will Not Fail A Course In The University by Kofacts(m): 9:09am On May 16, 2015
Failing as a student in the university can be one among the most discouraging days as a student, This can delaine a student psychologically, emotionally and most times mentally. Imagine when you trying to read a course only to remember that you are going to rewrite a course which you failed, it takes more to overcome those weaknesses.
So today, am going to be giving some tips on why and how not to fail a course as a student in a tertiary institution.
Many things can lead to one’s downfall; some are not done intentionally whereas most of the causes can be due to student’s fault this includes:

1. Not Planning Ones Self: Yes, not planning yourself can be a major cause of failure not just academically but in all fields of life. You must not be in the library all through the day to pass a course and also make an ‘A’ though it is also good if you can but effective planning can make every thing balanced. Most students most fall prey to this, making one part of their self grow fat whereas the other part is begging for mercy. Effective planning as a student is very much important. Plan it, Create timetable and Study faithfully.

2. Fear: Most students even before the semester begins already made their mind that a particular course is not going to be funny due to the fact that older students who took the course told them so. Hey, that’s a lie. Why should you be afraid? Fear can be a major source of you not passing the course any longer because the ideas of what the previous students have put in your mind have already demoralized your future efforts even when the lecturer tries all he can to make the course easy for you, you can’t just seem to get it. Remove all sorts of fear and believe me, those courses they say is the hardest of all would end up being that which you will smash with the highest grade.

3. Inconsistency: I learnt a lot as a student in the UNIVERSITY. Most students sure must have learnt about a particular course even before the lecturer must have released the course outline and since they feel they have got all it takes to pass, they end up not going for the lectures instead using their time lazing around. Hey, no matter how well you think you must have eaten the course, I advice you still go for lectures. There are still things which you lecturer might say in the course of the lecture, which might not be found in the so called book you read. It’s just like when you make a student and someone asks you what did you just say and you find yourself not being able to recall what you just produced. That’s how it goes. Be consistent and try following up the lectures till the end.
Will be dropping my stick here, stay tuned to SCHOLARSJOINT as we share with you tips that I bet will surely guarantee you your succes
Source: http://www.scholarsjoint.com/2015/05/why-you-will-not-fail-course-in.html
Re: Why You Will Not Fail A Course In The University by obiak4(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2015
your write up is not complete without lectures misinformed mindset "u see this course when I was a student like you nobody has ever gotten an A So don't expect to get A ooo)
my answer back then to any lectural is this "SIR A LOLE SHEE OOOO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/2016 Post Utme Out / BSU Medical Student Besiege Vc's Office With Dead Body Of Colleague / Akwa Ibom State University Post Utme Screening For 2015/2016 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.