Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death (754 Views)

Why Buhari Had To Abandon His Campaign Promises-lai Mohamed / TSA: You Speak Like A ‘tout’...fayose's Aide Blasts Lai Mohamed / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by quicyvictor(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2015
Egypt sentences Ex-President Mohamed Morsi to death

An Egypt court has sentenced former President Mohamed Morsi to death for a mass prison break in 2011.

The court ruled on Saturday that the sentencing of Morsi and 105 others will be referred to the Grand Mufti, the highest religious authority in Egypt, for confirmation.

Many of those sentenced were tried in absentia, including Yusuf al-Qaradawi, an influential Islamic scholar based in Qatar.

The court will pronounce its final decision on June 2.

Morsi, who was overthrown by the army in 2013 amid mass protests against his government, was spared the death sentence in the first of two trials that concluded on Thursday, in which the court advised death sentences for 16 defendants on espionage charges.

http://www.punchng.com/news/egypt-sentences-ex-president-mohamed-morsi-to-death/

Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by CountDracula(m): 1:10pm On May 16, 2015
Alright
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by cyprus000: 1:13pm On May 16, 2015
[size=13pt]
The way egypt issue capital punishement,is too much.

You protest,na death by hanging
You cough,na death by hanging
You look ukwu,na death by hanging.
You toast babe anyhow,na death by hanginggrin

Na which one,una want make person do for that country.
We all know that the prison break,wasn't his fault.
If you talk about treason,I will agree to that,cos he did share state secret with arab states.
[/size]
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by quicyvictor(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2015
a lesson to strong headed politicians....
thank God my clueless president conceded defeat...
if Mr Orubebe displayed had went through, which would had led to inconclusive Presidential election. APC would have use that to start an unending protests that will end up displacing GEJ.....
the world power would have end up locking GEJ up with his accomplice.... maybe in the year 2018, they will sentence him to death... just like the silly man trending on the news right now.

Good luck GEJ for using your brain and taking a decision that favours both Nigeria and YOU

GEJ MIGHT BE CLUELESS ON HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY BUT HE'S GOT CLUE ON HOW TO KEEP HIMSELF ALIVE.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by pussygotlips: 1:18pm On May 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by Feranchek(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2015
Hehehehehehe.... GMB don see this one and I can imagine what he'll be thinking now...

Who can guess??
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by Lordave: 1:24pm On May 16, 2015
They've got it, they should flaunt it!

I mean strong Judicial System
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by ginawest(f): 1:25pm On May 16, 2015
anhan!?a former president? personally, i tink d prison break was not his fault.
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by quicyvictor(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
The way egypt issue capital punishement,is too much.

You protest,na death by hanging
You cough,na death by hanging
You look ukwu,na death by hanging.
You toast babe anyhow,na death by hanginggrin

Na which one,una want make person do for that country.
We all know that the prison break,wasn't his fault.
If you talk about treason,I will agree to that,cos he did share state secret with arab states.
[/size]
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by softmind24: 1:27pm On May 16, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by Feranchek(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
ginawest:
anhan!?a former president? personally, i tink d prison break was not his fault.
Sweetheart, maybe twas mine grin
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by ginawest(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2015
Feranchek:
Sweetheart, maybe twas mine grin
funny
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by Feranchek(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2015
tongue
ginawest:
funny
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by yummylookintoks: 1:35pm On May 16, 2015
quicyvictor:
a lesson to strong headed politicians....
thank God my clueless president conceded defeat...
if Mr Orubebe displayed had went through, which would had led to inconclusive Presidential election. APC would have use that to start an unending protests that will end up displacing GEJ.....
the world power would have end up locking GEJ up with his accomplice.... maybe in the year 2018, they will sentence him to death... just like the silly man trending on the news right now.

Good luck GEJ for using your brain and taking a decision that favours both Nigeria and YOU

GEJ MIGHT BE CLUELESS ON HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY BUT HE'S GOT CLUE ON HOW TO KEEP HIMSELF ALIVE.

You are right bro.

He knows how to keep himself alive

If Morsi could be sent to prison with millions of die-hard Muslim brothers who are ready to die, who is Jonathan with ragtag militants?

I just laughed when I read Biafra online soldiers dreading Nigeria govt with Niger Delta militants

If MASSOB members who have been locked up since last year are yet to be released, what would be their fate if it was Nigeria military
Re: Egypt Sentences Ex-president Mohamed Morsi To Death by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 16, 2015
wow thank God for JONATHAN, HE is blessed by God.. foolish pple like obj tot they cud deceive u.. i hope buhari d baba one way is reading, if he bleeps up after 4yrs and he refuses to leave... him own go b gadaffi-ed.. hahhahahahhahah grin grin grin grin
Thunder fire any body wey quote me hypocritically, olodumare go tarnish ur image

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Fake Soldier & Suspected Boko Haram Member Arrested In Bauchi / Democracy Day:buhari's Son,yusuf Is All Smiles Today+ Meet His Pretty Boo (pix) / Rotimi Amaechi Flees Rivers State For Abuja As Wike Becomes Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.