Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Weak Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Weak Dog (1821 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
pls guys, after an injection given to my dog "LHASA ASPO" by one foolish vet doc, my dog has been behaving poorly, like it wants to die.. I am really confused... d dog is just 3 months +.. pls any body who encoutered such prob should lemme know... my dog has refused to eat d jojo can food I bought for it
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2015
no help?? cc- chucky234
Re: Weak Dog by code9(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2015
I swear I have d same issue right now. My boerboel was so healthy before I took her to e vet clinic in Karu Abuja. After the shots - dhpp, rabvac, parvovirus - my dog became lethargic and started stooling blood severely. Almost died but I saved her life. Now she's less active very lean and doesn't like to eat
Re: Weak Dog by code9(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2015
benedictjohn:
pls guys, after an injection given to my dog "LHASA ASPO" by one foolish vet doc, my dog has been behaving poorly, like it wants to die.. I am really confused... d dog is just 3 months +.. pls any body who encoutered such prob should lemme know... my dog has refused to eat d jojo can food I bought for it

When did u take d shot? What are d signs she's having. She may get better
Re: Weak Dog by tafolayan90(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2015
Go and get sleeky for your dog
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2015
code9:

When did u take d shot? What are d signs she's having. She may get better
tnx for ur effort to reply me. she refuses to eat d jojo can food I bought for her, she refuses to take the milk which she luvs the most, I cooked rice, which she annoyingly refuse to eat it. I bought sardine which she also refuses to eat. dis is night and I dont want her to sleep without eating anything. I noticed dat she was trying to chew a small bone, bt she couldn't. she is a bit active now cos I made her walk from d gate to d house.
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2015
code9:
I swear I have d same issue right now. My boerboel was so healthy before I took her to e vet clinic in Karu Abuja. After the shots - dhpp, rabvac, parvovirus - my dog became lethargic and started stooling blood severely. Almost died but I saved her life. Now she's less active very lean and doesn't like to eat
I stay in abacha road.. I bought d dog yesterday in kurudu...
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
tafolayan90:
Go and get sleeky for your dog
whats sleeky? describe it pls. tnx.
Re: Weak Dog by ombugaduemmanue(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2015
Omo watin mke u go giv m iinjection masef?wats d iiinjection all abt
Re: Weak Dog by code9(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2015
OK don't panic. Just make sure there's enough water for it to drink. Dehydration kills faster

Besides dogs cannot starve to death except in extreme case. Put food that'll not easily spoil in a plate. Small quantity. Leave it there by morning she'll attempt to eat.

U can also give treats in small chops like suya
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 10:49pm On May 16, 2015
code9:
OK don't panic. Just make sure there's enough water for it to drink. Dehydration kills faster

Besides dogs cannot starve to death except in extreme case. Put food that'll not easily spoil in a plate. Small quantity. Leave it there by morning she'll attempt to eat.

U can also give treats in small chops like suya
tnx bro, I really appreciate..
Re: Weak Dog by DocAdray(f): 11:46pm On May 16, 2015
Sorry about your dog's poor state, it will surely be fine, I'm certain it suffered from adverse drug reaction (A.D.R) or some other related conditions. Though, I want to know if you have an idea of the drug it was given & for what disease condition. I believe your dog's condition has improved by now...
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 7:07am On May 17, 2015
DocAdray:
Sorry about your dog's poor state, it will surely be fine, I'm certain it suffered from adverse drug reaction (A.D.R) or some other related conditions. Though, I want to know if you have an idea of the drug it was given & for what disease condition. I believe your dog's condition has improved by now...
I dont really know d injection given to it, bt all tnx to d doctor, my dog is more healthy and playful compared to normal. it went on a little jogging with me dis morning.. what surprises every1 z dat, as small as it is, it can jog..
Re: Weak Dog by chucky234(m): 7:15am On May 17, 2015
Next time ask your Vets questions and make sure you know whatever drugs is been injected into your dog's blood stream.
Your dog will be fine, just the side effect of the drug.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2015
DocAdray:
her stool was reddish brown, bt right nw, its black... I tink dats d main tin
Re: Weak Dog by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 17, 2015
Perhaps you made the vet give a dose of something it has had before thereby resulting in overdose. I once had a gsd that already had its dhlpp shots taken before I bought it. I still went ahead to make a vet give it another round. It rendered my dog useless as it lost appetite and grew lean till death.
Re: Weak Dog by arcbay(m): 12:30pm On May 18, 2015
benedictjohn:

Lhasa apsos and other small breeds are a very delicate breed when it comes to drug administration. Not every one should be allowed access to treat your dog. As we all know that most Drugs are administered based on body weight, Notwithstanding, some turn a blind eye to that, they inject "miniatures" indiscriminately. I think your kid has been administered an overdose of something...

It could also be a form of Drug Reaction. Even if she has refused to eat much much, get glucose and milk, pending the time you get help...
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 5:26pm On May 18, 2015
arcbay:

Lhasa apsos and other small breeds are a very delicate breed when it comes to drug administration. Not every one should be allowed access to treat your dog. As we all know that most Drugs are administered based on body weight, Notwithstanding, some turn a blind eye to that, they inject "miniatures" indiscriminately. I think your kid has been administered an overdose of something...

It could also be a form of Drug Reaction. Even if she has refused to eat much much, get glucose and milk, pending the time you get help...
tnx alot sir.. I wish u had given me dis advice earlier, I wouldnt hv been heart broken and in confusion. d dog is doin very fine presently.. she eats alot. O.M.G, it wont eat except sardine is involved. once again tnx alot..
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 5:27pm On May 18, 2015
chucky234:
Next time ask your Vets questions and make sure you know whatever drugs is been injected into your dog's blood stream.
Your dog will be fine, just the side effect of the drug.
tnx.. I wont fail to Do dat nxt time
Re: Weak Dog by benedictjohn(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2015
juicee1:
Perhaps you made the vet give a dose of something it has had before thereby resulting in overdose. I once had a gsd that already had its dhlpp shots taken before I bought it. I still went ahead to make a vet give it another round. It rendered my dog useless as it lost appetite and grew lean till death.
o.M.G... dont tell me u didnt break d vets leg cos I would hv done dat

(1) (Reply)

Puppies For Sale / Slant Back Male German Shepherd For Stud Services. / PROMO Sale Of Boerboel Puppies N40,000 for the first two buyers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.