Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! (45125 Views)

Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard / Relief For Nigeria Internet Marketer As Gtbank Launches Virtual Credit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by begwong: 3:33pm On May 16, 2015
GTB IS NOT THE FIRST!
HAVE BEEN USING FIRSTBANK's FIRSTMONIE *894# FOR MOBILE BANKING SERVICES FOR OVER 3YEARS NOW!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by LuckyLadolce(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:

Seriously. I use Fortis Mobile Money and i dey enjoy am like die.

Their daily transaction limit is 1 Million in a day and it is serving me.
imagine, I wonder why ppl r seeing as a new phenomenon. Well, we all can't get information at its first instance. As long as the info is gonna be useful for some... it's fine.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by queenjoe(f): 3:40pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=mayim post=33797896]
Your majesty, could u please state the process around initiating a transaction on the platform of those banks? Can't be this easy. It would involve sending and receiving instructions by way of numbers(1- accept, 2- decline) .
[/quote/]
your majesty, to download d app on a smart phone, u type d(space)fcmb den u send it to 20220 and dtz for all smart phones except android, buh on android u can only download d app through playstore, u'll search for fcmbmobile and u download, afta downloading, u'll fill in ur account detail den u'll get ur password immediately and u're ready t go..i cant really rememba d code for non smartphone again buh will let u knw as soon as i get it
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Teagirl(f): 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga.
undecided
have been enjoying fortis mobile money for a while now..
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by hikmojj(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2015
so anybody can easily take my phone n transfer.....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by osile2012: 3:47pm On May 16, 2015
Rate them

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 16, 2015
Teagirl:
have been enjoying fortis mobile money for a while now..

Same here.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by 9jatatafo(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2015
Nice move but GTBank is not the first
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Greatpooss(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2015
Hope there is no hidden charges attached.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by onatisi(m): 3:54pm On May 16, 2015
undecided ummmmm ,nothing concern me , no be persin wey get money for account na him go dey do transfer Yimu . *treks out of the thread majestically #
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by queenjoe(f): 3:56pm On May 16, 2015
mayim:

Your majesty, could u please state the process around initiating a transaction on the platform of those banks? Can't be this easy. It would involve sending and receiving instructions by way of numbers(1- accept, 2- decline) .
your majesty, to download d app on a smart phone, u type d(space)fcmb den u send it to 20220 and dtz for all smart phones except android, buh on android u can only download d app through playstore, u'll search for fcmbmobile and u download, afta downloading, u'll fill in ur account detail den u'll get ur password immediately and u're ready t go..i cant really rememba d code for non smartphone again buh will let u knw as soon as i get it
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by SleekyP(m): 3:58pm On May 16, 2015
Greatpooss:
Hope there is no hidden charges attached.
@ all wink
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by UyiIredia(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2015
It could be risky. What if someone steals my phone and uses it to transfer money to his account ? How will such money be recovered ?
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by austeen: 4:01pm On May 16, 2015
Not the first.....firstbank' firstmonie and even its firstmobile app has been doing all these and more since 2010 (far as I can remember)
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Deluxii(m): 4:01pm On May 16, 2015
dhardline:
Many other banks already have it.They should stop lying.
I tire o for this report o! Although GTB na my bank but they are not the 1st to do this. Infact, I am still considering about opening Diamond bank account because of the same service before I heard this info. But stilll on still GTB is still amongst the most innovative bank and am proud of them.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by freenature: 4:03pm On May 16, 2015
[size=30pt]Sorry OP GTBank is not the first to do this , First Inland bank in 2007 were the first to introduce this technology before merger during the era of Charlse Soludo Bank Capitalisation Deposit[/size]
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by israeloke4(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2015
You can also buy credit card through dis,gtb best bank.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by cirmuell(m): 4:05pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga.
undecided
you dey mind them, you can open an account from the comfort of your house with Diamond bank(DYA, mtn lines only.) by just dialing *710# and do all sort of transaction with it including this fund transfer. undecided first kor
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by donhils: 4:06pm On May 16, 2015
SleekyP:

And to say that the thing doesn't require pin or any sort of password means anybody that gets ur phone can easily transfer 20k to his or her account that day. All thanks to GTBank.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by cirmuell(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2015
austeen:
Not the first.....firstbank' firstmonie and even its firstmobile app has been doing all these and more since 2010 (far as I can remember)
same with UBA's Umobile.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Dagoma: 4:09pm On May 16, 2015
Exellent GTBank,
Keep It Up.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by infogenius(m): 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
Nice one by GTB
But I am worried about *737* service
as it has not served in crediting me
airtime on demand but my account will
be debited instead.
Keeping my fingers crossed on this service.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by pingpong1: 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
I used this service today to transfer money from my GTB account to my First Bank account and it was so easy that I got scared. I will tell you that there are no serious level of security and authentication for now. Just don't be careless with your phone number tied to your GTB account. One other thing DONT and I mean DONT ever allow anybody know the last 4 digits of your ATM card. If you have ever been told to hide your ATM card, this is the time
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by invectives(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
SleekyP:

Its a Lie .Gtb is not the first to start this.FlashmeCash by Firstinland bank was the pioneer platform.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by pingpong1: 4:19pm On May 16, 2015
All of you saying this is not the first by any bank need to know that you don't NEED to download any app on this service. It simply an SMS based service. It can be done with a phone that costs N1000. As long as your phone can send SMS you are on. No app needed. Now is it the same with your bank?
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by omenka(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hey!angry
That's my bank!
I never walk out of that bank happier than I was walking in. Their banking hall usually suck compared to others. No regard for aesthetics. angry

Then the age range of their staff too is just so.... aaaarh!! I don't even know to say.

The bank just sucks like the sap of a dead baobab tree!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:24pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by doteb(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2015
SleekyP:

Is good idea, easy and fast but the disadvantage is anybody can use your phone and transfer money since there's no any personal code to prevent intruder
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by doteb(m): 4:27pm On May 16, 2015
SleekyP:

Is good idea, easy and fast but the disadvantage is anybody can use your phone and transfer money since there's no any personal code to prevent theft
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nwtptx(m): 4:27pm On May 16, 2015
Fcmb has been doin dis before na
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by phransix147(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2015
Good news, bad news... No more excuse of not being able to go the bank to send ur chic money!
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by MizMyColi(f): 4:35pm On May 16, 2015
cry cry cry
omenka:
I never walk out of that bank happier than I was walking in. Their banking hall usually suck compared to others. No regard for aesthetics. angry

Then the age range of their staff too is just so.... aaaarh!! I don't even know to say.

The bank just sucks like the sap of a dead baobab tree!
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Femi Otedola And Bola Tinubu In 2005: Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.