Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite (7349 Views)

Project Topics And Research Materials For Final Year B.sc, B.ED... Students / Funaabite Hacks MCU'S Website To Write A Letter To Mr President (pics) / Funaabite Hacks MCU'S Website To Write A Letter To Mr President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2015
Thanks for viewing.

Currently, I'm studying Agricultural Extension and Rural Development in a Nigerian university; FUNAAB and I've made many researches with my friend, Google, regarding Agricultural Jobs and Companies, but have found nothing impressive at all. I'd like you too share your opinions with me on what I can do with a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture. Thank you.
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by derrick333(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2015
Otta farm,obj de pay well
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by GboyegaD(m): 4:50pm On May 16, 2015
You could work with the big food organisations in the world however, you need more than a 1st degree.
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
You could work with the big food organisations in the world however, you need more than a 1st degree.
Thank you.. but what's "The big food organization"? Is it a company?
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2015
Need more opinions..
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by GboyegaD(m): 9:22pm On May 16, 2015
randwise:
Thank you.. but what's "The big food organization"? Is it a company?

No, they are organisations and include FAO and others.
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by davvyRanking: 12:35am On May 17, 2015
oshheyy randwise... dun worry I'll employ you
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by Nobody: 4:28am On May 17, 2015
I studied Agric Economics and you can work with any Financial Institution, Audit Firm (PWC, KPMG, AWD),Ministry of Agriculture which functions well in the North. I'm currently working with as a Project Administrator. With ICAN, you can work in the financial sector (CBN, Banks, Ministry of Finance), Human Resource Certification(any HR Deparment) in any sector, PMP(Project Management in any Sector). The Possibilities r endless, just have an idea which sector you want and build your career around it. They r also Manufacturing Companies (FMCG) that make use of Agricultural products for their production or u can be self employed by starting ur own Mega Farm as Agric Economics involves training to be a Farm Manager. All the best and u n start this certification exams in school so upon completion of Nysc, u already have an idea of where u are heading. Mind you, agric econs is also considered a social science cos of the economics, so any vacancy you see that requires social science, u r free to apply. When I got an offer from DBN, I was asked why I wanted to work wit the bank as an agriculturist, we are taught about agric financing and loans plus as a fresh graduate, I need all the experience to kick off my career life.

2 Likes

Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 6:44am On May 17, 2015
davvyRanking:
oshheyy randwise...
dun worry I'll employ you
Baba, you sound like a funaabite, are you one?
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 6:47am On May 17, 2015
Liciouslucy:
I studied Agric Economics and you can work with any Financial Institution, Audit Firm (PWC, KPMG, AWD),Ministry of Agriculture which functions well in the North. I'm currently working with as a Project Administrator. With ICAN, you can work in the financial sector (CBN, Banks, Ministry of Finance), Human Resource Certification(any HR Deparment) in any sector, PMP(Project Management in any Sector). The Possibilities r endless, just have an idea which sector you want and build your career around it. They r also Manufacturing Companies (FMCG) that make use of Agricultural products for their production or u can be self employed by starting ur own Mega Farm as Agric Economics involves training to be a Farm Manager. All the best and u n start this certification exams in school so upon completion of Nysc, u already have an idea of where u are heading. Mind you, agric econs is also considered a social science cos of the economics, so any vacancy you see that requires social science, u r free to apply. When I got an offer from DBN, I was asked why I wanted to work wit the bank as an agriculturist, we are taught about agric financing and loans plus as a fresh graduate, I need all the experience to kick off my career life.
Totally awesome. I think I like this. Thank you so much.. smiley
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 6:50am On May 17, 2015
So, do I have to change my course to Agric econs? Extension doesn't seem to fall under any of the job categories you mentioned above..
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by Nobody: 7:21am On May 17, 2015
You don't have to change since you've started the course. Mine was Agricultural Economics and Extension but wanted to give you an idea of what to do wit a B.Sc Degree, u can do ur masters in Education immediately and go into teaching or lecturing jobs, just know where u wanna be and find a way to get there. What matters is u have a degree certificate
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by titicamara22: 7:48am On May 17, 2015
I finished from Funaab, then Unaab 2010 from the department of Agric Economics and farm Management and I presently work with Diamond Bank. Presently in the bank, I have over 12 colleagues we finished same year, who also work in the bank, even some finished from Coplant.
It's not about the course you study, it's about how you can sell yourself to a prospective employer.

1 Like

Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by davvyRanking: 9:53am On May 17, 2015
randwise:
Baba, you sound like a funaabite, are you one?
I'm not ooo...
#c3_boyz
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2015
titicamara22:
I finished from Funaab, then Unaab 2010 from the department of Agric Economics and farm Management and I presently work with Diamond Bank. Presently in the bank, I have over 12 colleagues we finished same year, who also work in the bank, even some finished from Coplant.
It's not about the course you study, it's about how you can sell yourself to a prospective employer.
Very encouraging. cheesy I hope the pay is good.
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 12:59pm On May 17, 2015
Liciouslucy:
You don't have to change since you've started the course. Mine was Agricultural Economics and Extension but wanted to give you an idea of what to do wit a B.Sc Degree, u can do ur masters in Education immediately and go into teaching or lecturing jobs, just know where u wanna be and find a way to get there. What matters is u have a degree certificate
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
davvyRanking:
I'm not ooo... #c3_boyz
Iffa kick you, Dave!! grin How na? #c5_boyz
Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by kurleens: 3:51pm On May 17, 2015
randwise:
Thanks for viewing.

Currently, I'm studying Agricultural Extension and Rural Development in a Nigerian university; FUNAAB and I've made many researches with my friend, Google, regarding Agricultural Jobs and Companies, but have found nothing impressive at all. I'd like you too share your opinions with me on what I can do with a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture. Thank you.
get to establish urself and dont wait on job employers

1 Like

Re: What Can He Do With A B.sc. Agric.? - Funaabite by randwise(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2015
kurleens:
get to establish urself and dont wait on job employers
Thank you.. what kind of establishment are you talking about?

(1) (Reply)

Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos / The Federal Polytechnic Idah Admission List Out / Beautifully Terrifying Pictures From Under Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.