Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu (1269 Views)

Abia Poll Primaries: Lga Staff Burnt To Death In Isiala Ngwa North / Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling / Breaking News: Dr. Alex Otti Files Final Address At Abia Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, May 16, (THEWILL) –

All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) governorship candidate in Abia State, Dr Alex Otti, on Friday, filed a petition seeking the nullification of the election of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, as the governor-elect.

Ikpeazu, the Peoples Democratic Party's (PDP) candidate was declared winner of the election.

The request was contained in a 411- page petition filed on Friday at the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia.

One of Otti's counsel, Mr Ken Ahia, who filed the petition, told newsmen that the plea was based on the grounds that the governorship poll was “marred by a lot of irregularities.”

The petitioner urged the tribunal to nullify the results from Obingwa, Osisioma, Isialangwa North and Ugwunagbo LGAs due to election malpractices in those areas.

The counsel said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and PDP were also joined in the suit.

He said that the six-member legal team is headed by Chief Akin Olujunmi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. Apart from Chief Olujimi, the lead counsel, the legal team assembled by Otti is populated by five other Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN).

Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by tp10: 8:01pm On May 16, 2015
PDP is shaking already. This one don dey quarter to annulment.
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2015
tp10:
PDP is shaking already. This one don dey quarter to annulment.

I am telling you.
AlexOtti 4 Abia
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 16, 2015
The whole council populated by SAsN. This man means business, and obviously has cash. Either ways, Okpeazu will be forced to perform like Nigige did to try and justify his seat in office.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2015
AfricanGod2:
The whole council populated by SAsN. This man means business, and obviously has cash. Either ways, Okpeazu will be forced to perform like Nigige did to try and justify his seat in office.

cc: lalasticlala

If only he survives the tribunal......
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by nzeobi(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2015
Okezie will survive the tribunal, even if the election is cancelled and he is able to do some roads within the time he assumes office, then rerun will be a formality cos his party remains stronger than that of his opponent
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2015
nzeobi:
Okezie will survive the tribunal, even if the election is cancelled and he is able to do some roads within the time he assumes office, then rerun will be a formality cos his party remains stronger than that of his opponent

u can't be too sure bro!
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 9:13pm On May 16, 2015
Cc: barcanista
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by nzeobi(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2015
Mbkite:

u can't be too sure bro!
Ngige came in like that but today he is the most popular politician in anambra state
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 16, 2015
Mbkite:
Cc: barcanista
That is Abia Affair..it's an internal affair
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2015
nzeobi:

Ngige came in like that but today he is the most popular politician in anambra state

Lets watch as it unfolds
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 9:52pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
That is Abia Affair..it's an internal affair

Whats ur view abt d whole thing?
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 16, 2015
Mbkite:

Whats ur view abt d whole thing?
Let the court decide my guy

1 Like

Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by praise010(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2015
nzeobi:

The Ngige era is different. Then, there is no time limit for the tribunal. It took over 3 yrs before the election was annulled and so Ngige had time to work.

Today, the tribunal must decide within 180 days which have started running already. So what can Ikpeazu do within this few days.

Moreover, the death burden he inherited is quite enormous coupled with the fall in monthly allocation to states. Were is he going to get money to performe Ngige way?

I have reason to believe that T.A Orji is more dangerous than Emeka Offor and Andy Uba combined. So the yoke on Ikpeazu neck is likely much more heavy than that of Ngige.

Finally, Ikpeazu is not an intellectual like Ngige. The House of Assembly (I was told) has APGA in the majority.

I submit that both Ikpeazu and Orji will be boothed out this year.

Otti will laugh last and he who laughs last.....

1 Like

Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by asha80(m): 10:35pm On May 16, 2015
praise010:

The Ngige era is different. Then, there is no time limit for the tribunal. It took over 3 yrs before the election was annulled and so Ngige had time to work.

Today, the tribunal must decide within 180 days which have started running already. So what can Ikpeazu do within this few days.

Moreover, the death burden he inherited is quite enormous coupled with the fall in monthly allocation to states. Were is he going to get money to performe Ngige way?

I have reason to believe that T.A Orji is more dangerous than Emeka Offor and Andy Uba combined. So the yoke on Ikpeazu neck is likely much more heavy than that of Ngige.

Finally, Ikpeazu is not an intellectual like Ngige. The House of Assembly (I was told) has APGA in the majority.

abia is actually one of the least indebted states
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2015
praise010:

1001likes
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by nzeobi(m): 10:40pm On May 16, 2015
praise010:

You are approaching the issue as a pro otti that why you see it that way. But let me ask what makes Ngige an intellectual that ikpeazu doesn't have.
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 16, 2015
praise010:

what's intellectual about ngige?
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 4:40am On May 17, 2015
Let court decides
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by mensdept: 4:44am On May 17, 2015
There also needs to be nullification of the fool-THEO ORJI's senatorial "victory" as well.

Enough of this madness

1 Like

Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2015
mensdept:
There also needs to be nullification of the fool-THEO ORJI's senatorial "victory" as well.

Enough of this madness

Exactly! Am sure he didn't win dat election.
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 7:32am On May 17, 2015
Cc: ishilove, francis5
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Ojiofor: 11:19pm On May 18, 2015
Finally....fingers crossed!
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 8:49am On May 19, 2015
Ojiofor:
Finally....fingers crossed!
any recent development?
Re: Abia Poll: Otti Files Petition Against Ikpeazu by Mbkite(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Top Five Picture Of The Biggest Thieves Of The Century / Fashola’s Signal Of Ingratitude? / Ben Bruce Donates Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers And Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.