Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,802 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Brilliance/intelligence and an ability to Teach. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brilliance/intelligence and an ability to Teach. (501 Views)

A Maths Teacher Asked To Teach English Language.... / The Difference Between Intelligent Anf Brilliance / Drug That Improve Intelligence And Retentive Memory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brilliance/intelligence and an ability to Teach. by Donpizzle(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2015
I hv heard pple say; brilliance/intelligence is totally different frm teaching. That is to say dat sme1 can b brilliant/intelligent but wont b able to teach efficiently(school teacher).buh i feel dat as long as u can read and understand a text book(in this case a secondary textbook) u should be able to xplain it to ur students. Experiencd teachers should pls clarify dis to us(nairalanders). Any resonable opinion is welcomd.
Re: Brilliance/intelligence and an ability to Teach. by mathefaro(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2015
There is a distinct difference between the two. Teaching is a special talent/gift on its own and it's not everybody brilliant or not that possess the gift. One might be exceptionally brilliant with a first class degree but might not be able impact the knowledge. I started teaching in the year 2007 even before I earned my first degree and since then, there have been a number of brilliant graduates I displaced which i didn't have a fraction of what they know but they don't just possess the talent to give to the students what they really need. Some might not even be able to come down to the level the students can understand. So, it's really about the talent and the passion
Re: Brilliance/intelligence and an ability to Teach. by IBMuhd(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2015
I concur

(1) (Reply)

Riot At Benson Idahosa Uni. After Student Dies At School Clinic. / University Of Ado Ekiti Post-utme Form For 2015/16 Is On.o8149623711 / 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.