Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! (727 Views)

Man Who Recently Served As Best Man At A Wedding Dies In His Sleep (pics / Large Python Killed At Akuora Obosi In Anambra State / Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by MadamDeMadam: 3:39pm On May 17, 2015
The false news that a restaurant in Anambra served human flesh as meat was published by Yahoo news yesterday. The media took it down as soon as Nigerian FM refuted the story and called them out publicly. Another major news magazine that published the same false story also took it down following our complaint and threats of a law suit.

To see a major Nigerian newspapers run this piece of news considered a 'speculative journalism' is to say the least very unfortunate. Does it mean the era of news sourcing in Nigeria is over? I anticipate seeing a big organization like Punch newspapers to send an investigative reporter to Anambra State, with a camera and the necessary tools to substantiate that the incident took place. Why in the world would Punch Newspapers not show us proof? Has this Punch newspapers become so bankrupt that they could not afford to send a reporter to Anambra to investigate this matter? Are they so unprofessional to the extent of publishing an embarrassing story without proof, against a major tribe in Nigeria. I consider this action by Punch Newspapers as not only junk journalism at it worse, it is a desperate means to remain relevant for a news organization once seen as a giant.

Yesterday, I spoke with the Anambra Police Command PPRO Uche Eze who dismissed the entire news report. A high government source in Anambra also told me that it was a big "smear campaign against the South East of Nigeria. Maybe, Punch Newspapers were the secret source through which BBC, Yahoo and DailyMail,UK published the same story and later took it down. Punch Newspapers, read by all Nigerians should have known better not to publish same news everyone out there knew was a hogwash.

Punch newspapers should tender a public apology for carrying a false story that embarrasses the entire Igbo race and the Nigerian nation. One would expect Punch Newspapers to put these foreign news organizations that ran this false news on blast, we do not expect Punch newspapers or other shameless Nigerian bloggers to run the same false story. In their shameless attempt to publish at all cost, Punch Newspapers is gradually becoming a junk news media. I wait to see a retraction and necessary public apology within 24 hours.

Emma i Agu is a new York based public defender-He is popularly called NIGERIAN FM
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

http://www.nigerianfm.com/punch-newspapers-shame-on-you-no-restaurant-in-anambra-served-human-flesh/

Re: Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 17, 2015
Hungry bloggers

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by basisop(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2015
They even called it Anambra restaurant. Like it was state owned. Bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by estyvino(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2015
Biafran land is sacred, we cannot eat human meat

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by adanduka: 4:18pm On May 17, 2015
And they put Willie picture sef.
Anambra government should sue Punch immediately.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspapers, Shame On You!!! No Restaurant In Anambra Served Human Flesh! by Masterclass32: 4:24pm On May 17, 2015
Unprofessionalism at its very best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Nairaland Worth / Revisiting The Power Sector Probe: How Obasanjo’s Paid $16billion For Darkness! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.