Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders (2233 Views)

CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
i got this in my spam - and i don't have a GTB account. these fraudsters are getting better and better.be warned .

Dear Customers,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures in the year 2009, we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://ibank.gtbplc.com/ibank2/login.aspx

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Username (Account Number) and Password are numeric. Refer to your e-banking signup form.

Thank you for choosing, Guaranty Trust Bank.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received.

Copyright © 1995-2009 Guaranty Trust Bank Plc . All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Re: Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by layi(m): 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
How do they expect to remove the funds. I thought a code is sent to the account holders email b4 any online transfer can go through. Has this been changed?
Re: Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by FOD(m): 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2009
In the message sent by these fraudsters to a friend of mine, the link will take u to another page, not the real GTB Internet Banking page.

N.B: When you move your mouse over the link, you'll see another link in the status bar.
Re: Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by lacicrips(m): 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2009
Nigerian scammers are so dumb, imagine receiving a link from GTBank & when you hover your mouse over such link you'll see something else (another link entirely).

Anybody who knows how to use an email should be sensible enough not to fall for such silly & dumb scams.
Re: Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 16, 2009
Should a REAL website begin with https, Why the "s", Its a Scam page, Besides that I dont click links from my email because some automatically sends your password to an email attached to the site, Its better to copy and paste it in your browser,
Re: Warning(scam Alert!) To Gtb Account Holders by joenor(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2017
Yeah right bro, but not everyone is enlighten as you... so!!!!!!!!!!!
lacicrips:
Nigerian scammers are so dumb, imagine receiving a link from GTBank & when you hover your mouse over such link you'll see something else (another link entirely).

Anybody who knows how to use an email should be sensible enough not to fall for such silly & dumb scams.

(1) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Do Not Know What To Do With 20 Million,do You? / IMPORTATION Business Training & Mentorship / Over N200m New Naira Notes Uncovered In A Bank Branch (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.