Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. (692 Views)

Ondo Skye Bank Robbery: Blind Man, Security, Police Sergeant Killed (Graphic Pic / Crime Complaint Distribution Across 36 States / Agbara Robbery: Police Nab Leader Of Gang In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 12:57am On May 19, 2015
As at April 2013, under PHCN, my monthly bill stood at #500 and i had enjoyed better power supply all along except for the times the transformer went bad for almost 2yrs without intervention.
It was announced there was going to be an increase in estimate bills and as at May 2013, it rose to #2,261.
By January 2014, the bill rose to #3,326.96k and later #3,465.71k when the Abuja Electricity distribution company(AEDC), took over.
By November 2014, the bill had climbed to #5,273.81k under the AEDC.
December, 2014 bill read #6,802.61k(all these while power supply had become so terrible that i was almost always on generator of which i, by then, had three of them and planning to buy a 4th one presently.) When it comes at all it often fluctuates so much that some of my household appliances like Fridge and AC compressors started going bad.
Now, know what drove me off my mind today.
My last bill, March 2015, was still #6,802.61k.
I got home today and as i was about entering my house, i realized i hadn't seen the bill for the month so i went searching where i had provided for the bill to be dropped.
I finally found it and hoped to go pay up as soon as possible. I checked the date to confirm and it was for April. I already knew what i was going to pay based on previous months but i just decided to glance at the sum anyways.
At first i thought i hadn't seen the figures well so i decided to light a touch.
Mehn, it was the shock of the day....April 2015...PAY TOTAL DUE NOW...#13,649.43(this was after subtracting the #84.06k i was been owed).
Even as i'm typing this thread right now, i'm running one of my generators and cost of PMS at the black market at this period of scarcity is about #2,500 for 10litres!.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by simplymade(m): 12:58am On May 19, 2015
Naija which way
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 1:27am On May 19, 2015
With this current trend and under a no fuel scarcity situation, one can imagine cost of generating own domestic power being cheaper than electric bills from a power company, in the nearest future.
In which country on this planet does that happen!!!!!.
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by cycline404(m): 1:37am On May 19, 2015
My mum called me some days ago.
After quoting the figure on the bill I asked if it was for the whole community.
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 2:33am On May 19, 2015
cycline404:
My mum called me some days ago.
After quoting the figure on the bill I asked if it was for the whole community.

Lolz.
We need to stop this trash from these companies. It's getting too much.
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 2:54am On May 19, 2015
Just that most gensets are noisy.

Not a PHCN fan.
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Zakkyoz: 3:25am On May 19, 2015
the same thing happening in Makurdi. it is an organised robbery indirectly supervised by our useless government.
Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by myked(m): 3:45am On May 19, 2015
Same

1 Like

Re: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,this Is Robbery!.what The Heck!!!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 4:19am On May 19, 2015
Soon solar will take over. At least solar fridge dey market. if person raise money buy Na to find solar TV buy. then buy solar touch, solar fan, and solar AC . after solarizing your flat you cuttilize NEPA wire!

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To Bokoharam / NYSC Corp Member Stabbed To Death In Imo State / 4 Women Pretending To Be Mums Steal Prams Worth $4000 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.