Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth (865 Views)

"Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / Senators Walk Out Okoi-Obono Obla, Buhari’s Aide / Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by hatux: 6:59am On May 19, 2015
Mohammed Shehu, an aide to President-elect Buhari, has advised youths to pray instead of trekking for the incoming leader’s administration. Mr. Shehu gave this advice during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Abuja today Monday May 18th.
According to him, the incoming administration acknowledges the excitement of youths over Mr. Buhari’s election but would prefer that they channel their energies towards praying than embarking on, sometimes dangerous, journeys. What he said after the cut...
"It’s kind of overwhelming. Last week, I told youths to stay where they are, stop trekking, and pray for the incoming administration instead. We have a lot of challenges; light, unemployment, insecurity, and so on. So it is more profitable for them to stay where they are and pray instead of taking the dangerous risk of walking all the way to Abuja,’’ Mr. Shehu said.On the allegation that the trekkers were ignored, Mr. Shehu said:
"that is not true. Even outsiders have been bringing gifts and food for them out of goodwill. It is untrue that they have been ignored or starved and this is not the first batch but you know the problem with this kind of situation is that when others hear, they keep coming."Several young Nigerians have in the past weeks announced solidarity trekking from distant towns and cities to Abuja.
The only female among the group of 22, Lauratu Musa, said she took off from Kaduna eight days ago with her 15 year-old son, Adamu Abdullahi.
"I collected 28 goodwill letters from the various villages I lodged in on my way. This is my son, he was bitten on the way by plenty mosquitoes but we thank God we are here,’’ she said.NAN reports that the trekkers, 22 in all, cut across various ages ranging from 20 to 63, and came from different parts of the country including Katsina, Kano, Adamawa, Yobe, Anambra and Kaduna States.
(NAN)
Source:http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/stop-trekking-pray-instead-buharis-aide.html

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Raemhure001(m): 7:01am On May 19, 2015
lol
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by biznus: 7:03am On May 19, 2015
grin
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Ilekeh(f): 7:03am On May 19, 2015
Pray or work?
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Mekybliss(f): 7:05am On May 19, 2015
Finally someone with a brain. I hope they will hear
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by aristocrazzy: 7:06am On May 19, 2015
angry I no send I begin my trekking by 25 to reach aso rock by 29th.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by DjHypno(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2015
Yes tell these senseless youths trekking their future away. Mscheweeww.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by ArchEnemy(m): 7:09am On May 19, 2015
And some lady took her 15 year old son along can you imagine?
Mekybliss:
Finally someone with a brain. I hope they will hear
On point
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 7:17am On May 19, 2015
Its not easy for youths who have been infected with mad cow disease
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by 9niceguy(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2015
The madness is growing daily. Some set of fools are planing to trek to mecca also, instead of prayer they are trekking. Am still waiting for the next story on this...
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by PassingShot(m): 7:25am On May 19, 2015
Hopefully the madness will stop after May 29.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 7:33am On May 19, 2015
Why can't they trek to Heaven if they have found comfort in trekking? That's the stupidity of the highest order.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by omenka(m): 7:35am On May 19, 2015
These guys don't get it. The trekking is just a stylised way of begging for money. The only genuine trekker I know is the guy who started the trend. He even made the promise before the election.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Miner13: 7:53am On May 19, 2015
As if trekking is the change required

Joblessness polished

When they start kidnapping them it will be ......
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by wordcat(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2015
Who's gonna kidnap a wretched trekker?

The only real trekker we know is the first guy who made the promise to trek if Buhari wins, the rest are job seekers.
Miner13:
As if trekking is the change required

Joblessness polished

When they start kidnapping them it will be ......
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Miner13: 8:11am On May 19, 2015
wordcat:
Who's gonna kidnap a wretched trekker?

The only real trekker we know is the first guy who made the promise to trek if Buhari wins, the rest are job seekers.

Ok
Is the person they claimed to trekking not having money well?
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by wordcat(m): 9:38am On May 19, 2015
Miner13:

Ok
Is the person they claimed to trekking not having money well?

The person they're trekking for no send them.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by after1: 6:58pm On May 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I have been infected with mad cow disease

Good you know, same thing that killed your senile Dad.

(1) (Reply)

Cry Me A River!!! / Entitlements Of Former Vice Presidents Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria – National / New President of Nigeria Orders Relocation Of Military Command To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.