Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari (53406 Views)

6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) / I Will Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari. / President Jonathan Should Concentrate On Packing - By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On May 19, 2015
he should come out and disclaim that bro

bushdoc9919:

Again...that was not from Buhari...but from Prof David-West...who also added the caveat...that a N45 price is possible with all the refineries working at close to full capacity...plus new ones being built.

Buhari has had nothing personally to say about pump pricing. And anyway...subsidy is on the way out.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Curvinus(m): 2:16pm On May 19, 2015
Buhari is gradually turning into a PR minefield with all of these bizzare comments he's been making non-stop.

I fail to see how this is supposed to galvanize a military that is already low on morale and is fighting the worst form of insurgency in the history of a nation.

Rather than having unnecessary digs and pointing accusing fingers at his perceived enemies, Buhari concentrate on the promises he made to Nigerians, chief of which is to stabilize oil price, generate 10,000 megawatts of electricity and fight corruption.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by gbengus26(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2015
May God help you because it easy to say but not easy to do.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by jaytee01(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2015
Positiveminds:
This old man is confused. He should talk less, and should focus on strategizing on what to do to improve on Nigerians' lives.

Priority should be:
1. Power
2. Security
These two, if achieved, will attract investors to create employment opportunities.

He should fight corruption as he strives to achieve the two above, and actually be seen to promote transparency and accountability
And what actually did he say originally?
Abi, you just want to comment?
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 19, 2015
Within 9:O'clock pm tomorrow pUNCH will be stating that buhari did not promised to concentrate on three major issues.....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by jaytee01(m): 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
tonychristopher:
he should come out and disclaim that bro

Says who?
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by tonychristopher: 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
me

jaytee01:
Says who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by jaytee01(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2015
lilmax:
Only three? This man dey drink?
No,na u dey drink undecided
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by preetyb(f): 2:31pm On May 19, 2015
So wat if our neighbouring coutries are helping us to fight terrorism? Do u think terrorism is something one can fight easily without having the neccessary support and equipments to fight with? And wat is the complain about? Is it really abt the support of neighbouring countries or the killing of your loyalist that call themselves bokoharam.

Ok it is not right to get support outside your country in the fight against terrorism but it was right to get support frm a foreign courtry to win an election.

Tenk God the ball will soon be in ur court let see how well u can play. Wishing you goodluck in ur coming administration though.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by chesterlee(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2015
halix239:

mumu, wu told u to foollishly put all ur eggs in one basket, nw u re crying foul, if u had been neutral, all this probs wont arise, the yorubas re way smarter than u dummies.
Smh....An Abokki will always be Abokki

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Decentdamsel(f): 2:33pm On May 19, 2015
halix239:

madam, state where he promised #1 to a $, u this satanoids n lies, bring forth evidence or go help ur mum in the kitchen.

My dear,I don't blame you,its nt ur fault ur brain was used to pacify ur village godss during the war...so do urself a favor en find ur fellow sacrificial lamb

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by kenex4ever(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2015
Dharniel:
Three major areas: insecurity, economy/UNEMPLOYMENT, and corruption.

So happy the president included unemployment in his major areas, i think with unemployment included and peradventure he succeeds, he don try, make state governors look into the minor areas abeg...
power is minor to u? He better include power o else, he won't achieve any. If u don't address Power failure how can investments come into the con3?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Orikinla(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOot1GQjT6k?list=PLGq4kDaT8Mh_tKDmOR19_emwf3s_A9qeA

Nigeria and corruption - a country working to change
March 2015

Most Nigerians will admit that their country has a reputation for corruption and it is one of the central themes of the current presidential election campaign. Africa in general is viewed negatively in terms of corruption: respondents to Control Risks’ Business Attitudes to Corruption Survey put the continent at the top of the list for its prevalence. Transparency International’s 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index avers that the scourge is endemic in most African countries. It must be remembered that corruption is not just an African problem, it is found across the world. While corruption may feature heavily in Nigeria’s election campaign, Africa’s largest economy still presents many opportunities for careful investors; the Nigerian Ministry of Power estimates the required investment in the energy sector alone will be about US$10bn over the next 10 years. Although there is reputational risk associated with investing in emerging economies, Nigeria is taking steps at an institutional level to facilitate investment by improving the regulatory environment. Change is also being driven by a societal and business challenge to corrupt practices.

Control Risks has been operating in Nigeria for the past 30 years. As the country approaches the March 28 presidential election, our head count has been bolstered by the arrival of the Control Risks CEO, Richard Fenning, who came to Lagos to chair a discussion on corruption as part of our Dialogue series. When we set the date for the discussion, we were expecting to discuss the results of elections scheduled for February. The postponement due to security concerns means that Richard took the hot seat on the rostrum in a febrile, pre-election Nigeria.

Elections are always a rough-and-tumble affair in Nigeria. Campaigns are fiercely fought; results fiercely contested. This time the Boko Haram insurrection in the north-east has played a major role and the continuing violence was cited as the major reason for postponing the election. The armed forces were so tied up fighting Boko Haram, the government claimed, that soldiers would be unable to secure polling stations across the rest of the country. The failure of one of Africa’s most powerful armies to tackle effectively the Boko Haram menace has figured heavily in the election campaign; opposition candidate General (retd) Muhammadu Buhari vows to defeat the Islamist force. Central to many analyses of the Nigerian army’s failure has been the problem of corruption, which taints every level of military function from contracting and procurement down to complaints that the frontline soldiers are having their pay skimmed by superior officers.

There’s no doubt that corruption plays a major part in making the lives of many Nigerians harder. Corruption’s tendrils reach all parts of economic life, feeding the perception that a lot is wrong with the country. Corruption also makes Nigeria a challenging place to do business. American, British and other regulators are increasingly enforcing legislation aimed at stopping companies indulging in malpractice in foreign jurisdictions. Doing business the old way - when unrecorded payments were part of tenders, for example - is now not only bad practice but legally perilous.

Businesses that come to Control Risks for advice on doing business in Nigeria are now more frequently asking, “How can we avoid corruption?” Some of these requests contain a tone of exasperation that a country with so much potential for investors appears to carry so much risk. But Nigeria is changing: the old corrupt ways are under pressure from the grass roots, on social media and from a gradual but irreversible process of institutional change. The economy has seen impressive growth in non-oil sectors in recent years, but low oil prices, a plummeting Naira and a costly conflict in the north-east mean that the economic conditions will be tough for the election winner. Foreign investment in ventures that could really boost Nigeria’s economy and mitigate the impact of diminished oil revenues will be more critical than ever.

++++
The Dialogue is a discussion between Control Risks’ CEO Richard Fenning, Uche Orji, Managing Director & CEO of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority and Control Risks Managing Director, West Africa, Tom Griffin.
https://www.controlrisks.com/
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by kenex4ever(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2015
tunde82seidat:
na only power we need oo
power is the no1 thing.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by leo1234(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2015
Booyakasha:
I am a muslim from the northern part of nigeria (borno state), sometimes i cry and ask myself why God made me to become a notherner, our people are very ignorant and uneducated.. i wish i'm from the west, east or south angry

embarassed My brother u have nothing to regret.
Every region have their own problems. Sometimes people from the south wish they are from the north too.
You people from the north have to start teaching your people from childhood how to love non Muslims. Life is sacred and must be valued.
I remember when boko haram were bombing churches, many people from the north were celebrating them even in social media because they were killing Christians.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by AhmedMustapha(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I doubt oil will get back to $100 per barrel(and Nigeria needs it to be $123 per barrel just to break even)...because everyone is producing oil.(To the point where OPEC members are now a minority of global oil producers). Plus America...which used to be a net importer of everybody's oil...is now tending towards being an exporter of oil.(Yes...I know that the Saudis are trying to starve American oil producers into submission...but that is another story.).And China's economy is slowing....so no extra cash to spend on buying up oil.

There is a glut in the oil market....high prices are no longer justified. Another reason why Nigeria must get off oil.
Getting off oil is a process and it takes some time. Why don't we work on our refineries and expand our market of exports to other African countries

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by darkjorse: 2:49pm On May 19, 2015
The "economy" is ambiguous. Before nko? wetin you wan do? fund your trekkers (almajiris)

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Chiaka(f): 2:50pm On May 19, 2015
TRUE TALK!!

leo1234:

embarassed My brother u have nothing to regret.
Every region have there own problems. Sometimes people from the south which they are from the north too.
You people from the north have to start teaching your people from childhood how to love non Muslims. Life is sacred and must be valued.
I remember when boko haram were bombing churches, many people from the north were celebrating them even in social medias because they were killing Christians.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by aydgov: 3:12pm On May 19, 2015
Mr president may u receive sufficient grace n power 2 deliver ur promises IJN.and dnt 4get d power supply is a very salient integra part of our economy.I dey sream BABAAAAAAAAA.
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Fraih(f): 3:16pm On May 19, 2015
I knew it... Just 2 Saturdays ago I was asked in an interview : if I were the president elect, which 3 areas will I concentrate on when I resume office?
I was right by saying unemployment, insecurity... Though I didn't mention corruption but the panel accepted the 2 and they said corruption.
So like seriously, we all are waiting for this to be tackled.
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by searay2(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2015
Baba no vex, you no go do LIGHT
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by icesoul: 3:34pm On May 19, 2015
makzeze:
My amiable President MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

May God see you through your four 1st years and deliver real dividend of democracy to NIGERIA.
Ameen Ooooooo.........
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2015
Why is ND militants not there. Its going to be a major problem for him. APC president been delusional.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Godswill003: 4:00pm On May 19, 2015
Does it mean there's no IGBO man or woman to speak , y only Hausa and Yoruba only where is the one Nigerian
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by ibitzbarlow(m): 4:01pm On May 19, 2015
Dharniel:

miss, the way i see it, if unemployment would be tackled as a major problem in Nigeria, then automatically power would be stable alongside some others, it's no magic, it's a phenomenon...

Your point is not tenable. It is the other way round.Power drives industrial development and sustains businesses. If power sufficiency is achieved, industrialization would follow from direct foreign investments and local small scale Enterprises. This in turn will create jobs and reduce unemployment in the Country. You can't create jobs without fixing the power sector. You don't put the cart before the horse. Power is paramount to our economic development. So I agree with the Miss, that after security, it should be power. Anti-corruption campaign should go along with these.
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by sammyj: 4:04pm On May 19, 2015
Fight against corruption will take care of power because corruption is what is killing our power sector Shikena! !!
Chiaka:

Light is very important, should be number two after security. Stable & constant light will even create a lot of employment on its own with little or no government intervention. With Security and light, investors will naturally flood in and that will provide the employement
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by sammyj: 4:04pm On May 19, 2015
Fight against corruption will take care of power because corruption is what is killing our power sector Shikena!!
Chiaka:

Light is very important, should be number two after security. Stable & constant light will even create a lot of employment on its own with little or no government intervention. With Security and light, investors will naturally flood in and that will provide the employement
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Ballama(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2015
Booyakasha:
I am a muslim from the northern part of nigeria (borno state), sometimes i cry and ask myself why God made me to become a notherner, our people are very ignorant and uneducated.. i wish i'm from the west, east or south angry
it is not too late you can park your load and move anywhere that suited you the freedom of movement is still active.But remember Home sweat Home.No place like home
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Litmus: 4:18pm On May 19, 2015
Good idea. He should forget trying to enforce discipline for that way leads to dictatorship.
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Chiaka(f): 4:34pm On May 19, 2015
sammyj:
Fight against corruption will take care of power because corruption is what is killing our power sector Shikena!!

Yes corruption place apart their approach to the problem is another. The change from NITEL to GSM phone was a success amid corruption.
Approach to power reform has been a major problem, it happened in Obsanjo time, and history repeated itself in Goodluck time so if GMB can achieve this will be a major milestone, security & power is what is top on a lot of peoples mind now.
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by Anapuao(f): 4:34pm On May 19, 2015
Fulfil your campaign promises...
Re: I’ll Concentrate On 3 Major Areas – Buhari by olutunde12(m): 4:38pm On May 19, 2015
jcmaiah:
Don't forget N1=1$ o else you didnt achieve anything!

I am supprised that this fool is still throwing mouth after all he had relized in recent times. We are waiting for mr know how. Ogbeni, forget south african merchineries, when u come to power finally, carry gun by yourself at least you once said jonathan should lead you to sambisa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exercise Crocodile Smile In Lagos By Nigerian Army / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC / 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.