Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. (49831 Views)

Aircraft Models-Builder, Abdullahi Lawal With El-Rufai. Photos / Abdullahi-Lawal Builds Models Of Aircraft In ZARIA (Photos) / Nigerian, Aghogho, Builds Mini Aircraft (Picture &video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by kachnov(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2015
WaffenSS:
Hmph. Nobody was losing sleep over this. Vehicular machines are built largely the same: CAD, composites, steel, CNC, fabs, moulds etc.

Im less concerned about how planes are MADE, and more with how the darn things FLY.

for tje record, i know all about thrust, air flow, bernoulli, aerodynamics, control surfaces, etc.

But human flight will always remain magical.

And magnets too. How do they work?

Planes fly due to Newtons 3rd law ,Lift coefficient has to be high for vertical take off (choppers,harrier jets,etc),for fixed wings like the one the op is talking about,its a çombination of thrust and aerodynamics of the wings,rudders etc

@ topic,it is very possible to set up and indeed replicate whatever is produced in the manufacturing facility anywhere in the world here in Nigeria .Process definition and automation into manageable bits helps a lot.Also some expats will initially be engaged to build local capacity.Power ,market dynamics and corruption,will be the major challenges.

nice informative thread @op

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 21, 2015
bigtt76:
Nice one Mods! At least a break away like this from LIB copy and paste news sharing is always interesting. Anyway just occurred to me that those our local guys always fabricating aircrafts (abi na RoadCrafts) using heavy metal sheet, car tires etc ....it would be nice sharing this with them so they know and learn that all that whining about begging government for funds to build such in commercial quantity won't go anywhere grin

Emm, I hope u saw ladies 'doing things there'

Or are u not a lady grin ?
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 21, 2015
tdayof:
You have offended me o.you created a topic about aviation especially aircraft manufacturing (my major )and you didn't mention me
I knew if u r not the Op, your comment will definitely b on FP…

**holyboss
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Burger01(m): 5:39pm On May 21, 2015
Technicalities everywhere. Hehehe, would Nigeria be able to build a flying chopper?.....talk less of airplanesad

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by VickyRotex(f): 5:39pm On May 21, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks sisgrin
Hw av u bn?

You welcome

I've been great. Trust you've been great too smiley
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 21, 2015
Btruth:
How interesting? You've made my day already. Very educational. cool

Thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Slimmos(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2015
Meanwhile, our engineers are here dragging bank and marketing jobs with their commercial and art student counterpart. SMH For Nigeria kind of education. **spits out of thread****

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 21, 2015
braine:
COOL.... See those cute chics.. Ladies in Engineering are intelligent and such a turn on. cheesy
[b][quote author=braine post=33962886]COOL.... See those cute chics.. Ladies in Engineering are intelligent and such a turn on. cheesy

True talk
I still don't know why 99% of ladies from this part of the word, SWERVE from it angry
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by DONOCHAS(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2015
That is cool and educating.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by bizking24(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2015
Aeroflot(Russian airlines) has one of the worst safety records in Europe and the Western world.
If you want safety in aircrafts, better stick with Boeing or Airbus. Don't let apperance deceive you.
By the way, " Sile12" is a Russian internet Troll trying to score a cheap PR.
To Russians, I say get the hell out of easthern Ukraine before more and more of your soldiers are captured.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by tdayof(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2015
wizardofdates1:
I knew if u r not the Op, your comment will definitely b on FP…

**holyboss
abi nau
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by francizy(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2015
tuoyoojo:
Wat trips me is the way those ladies are working on the airplane. Making it seem so easy like say na amala dem dey prepare

I hope our engineers would take a cue from here and stop chasing those bank jobs

this should be in front page

Cc: lalasticlala

Now assuming Engineers want to do this in Nigeria, how will they achieve it? Like the OP said, cars manufacturers in Nigeria are hardly patronised by Nigerians, then who will fly a plane manufactured in Nigeria?

For starters, where are the facilities? Where are the required practical knowledge to back up all that encyclopedia style lecture notes we consumed (especially in the aspect of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)? Where is the funding/cash to invest in stuff like this when our wealthy men prefer flying their gfs about in private jets rather than investing in home grown technology? Where is power? The ones who worked on technological stuff like this in the past, what was the outcome? Do we mine our own ores? Do we carry out the extraction process? In general, do we even produce our own materials (this is because materials are the bedrock of technological breakthrough)?

All these questions I asked and so many others have to be answered before we move forward technologically. Also, do have it in mind that no Engineer on earth would want to work in a bank if aviation, automobile, steel, electronics, aluminium, conctruction companies, etc, are abundant in an economy.

Op am particular about the place you mentioned priming to inhibit corrosion. Please elaborate the "priming" there. Thanks.

And OP it's better you mention the name of the alloy there cuz it's not only Aluminium used there. Duralumin is the alloy (Al - 4%Cu). Only Aluminum will fail in service because of it's low strength.

Thanks for the thread bro... smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by prettyboi1(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And after you people will be asking for job.

The pictures could help inspire someone to set up a similar industry in Nigeria...manufacturing aircraft or aircraft components.

Which would provide jobs.

And which would make a lot of money for Nigeria..so that we can reduce school fees for you and your children...and even reduce petrol to N50 per liter...since we now have enough cash to subsidize...especially as we would be exporting made in Nigeria aircraft abroad.

We could even find it cheaper to set up indigenous airlines.

Better wake up.....serious countries live by using their hands...not by selling oil and importing flashy cars.

Nigeria can be better than China and South Korea and Malaysia...countries which were behind us in 1960.

I love you man....#noHomo. Good thinking

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by tdayof(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2015
bizking24:
Aeroflot(Russian airlines) has one of the worst safety records in Europe and the Western world.
If you want safety in aircrafts, better stick with Boeing or Airbus. Don't let apperance deceive you.
By the way, " Sile12" is a Russian internet Troll trying to score a cheap PR.
To Russians, I say get the hell out of easthern Ukraine before more and more of your soldiers are captured.
this one is high on Indian fufu

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Harmony222(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2015
oboy! na 4 years course b dis ooo.... aba boiz wah r u waitin for
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by smsdigito: 6:04pm On May 21, 2015
braine:
COOL.... See those cute chics.. Ladies in Engineering are intelligent and such a turn on. cheesy
promiscuity things... grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 21, 2015
tdayof:
this one is high on Indian fufu

Lol. He is not just ok.com.
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Danzazzausambo(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2015
cool!!!. things like this should make front page not Kim K, Beyonce, Tonto Dick grazing from page everyday in Bikinis. OP God bless your Muscle.
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 21, 2015
VickyRotex:

You welcome

I've been great. Trust you've been great too smiley

Sure, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by CSTR2: 6:11pm On May 21, 2015
temmym4:

Be sincere , will you ever fly an aeroplane built or assembled in Nigeria?
Even cars that were manufactured by Innoson here in nigeria are being feared, not to talk of airplanes
Why can't i?
it's a question of national policy and the trust that the policy makers will enforce the standards.
If for example, the biafran govt makes it as a matter of policy that only biafran made vehicles and airplanes are to fly certain lucrative domestic routes, then it becomes imperative that the populace comply.
The ball now rest on the court of the policy makers to ensure that such trust is not compromised.
That is how countries like china and russia sell their products to their populace.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 21, 2015
IF ONLY I WERE GOD, i would have wiped away BLACK RACE completely especially the ones residing on AFRICAN PLAINS.

THIS EBOLA would have done it for us.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by kachnov(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2015
francizy:

Now assuming Engineers want to do this in Nigeria, how will they achieve it? Like the OP said, cars manufacturers in Nigeria are hardly patronised by Nigerians, then who will fly a plane manufactured in Nigeria?

For starters, where are the facilities? Where are the required practical knowledge to back up all that encyclopedia style lecture notes we consumed (especially in the aspect of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)? Where is the funding/cash to invest in stuff like this when our wealthy men prefer flying their gfs about in private jets rather than investing in home grown technology? Where is power? The ones who worked on technological stuff like this in the past, what was the outcome? Do we mine our own ores? Do we carry out the extraction process? In general, do we even produce our own materials (this is because materials are the bedrock of technological breakthrough)?

All these questions I asked and so many others have to be answered before we move forward technologically. Also, do have it in mind that no Engineer on earth would want to work in a bank if aviation, automobile, steel, electronics, aluminium, conctruction companies, etc, are abundant in an economy.

Op am particular about the place you mentioned priming to inhibit corrosion. Please elaborate the "priming" there. Thanks.

And OP it's better you mention the name of the alloy there cuz it's not only Aluminium used there. Duralumin is the alloy (Al - 4%Cu). Only Aluminum will fail in service because of it's low strength.

Thanks for the thread bro... smiley

For starters ,technological advancements didn't come at a twinkle,the so called industrialized nations have implemented CIPs to get to the level they have gotten to today,the trick isn't going back to learn from scratch ,but trying to catchup through research on what has been done and understudying those doing it already with the objective of doing it in an improved way.Forget putting àll the blames on the government,how many of our youths are trainable and willing to do rigorous research and studies?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by francizy(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2015
kachnov:

For starters ,technological advancements didn't come at a twinkle,the so called industrialized nations have implemented CIPs to get to the level they have gotten to today,the trick isn't going back to learn from scratch ,but trying to catchup through research on what has been done and understudying those doing it already with the objective of doing it in an improved way.Forget putting àll the blames on the government,how many of our youths are trainable and willing to do rigorous research and studies?

You'd be amazed at how many of them out there that are trainable. Why are our countrymen doing great abroad if I may ask? It's because the enabling environment is there. I didn't call out the government specifically if you read my post well. I said "our wealthy men" which encompasses politicians, businessmen, pastors, etc. The only thing that will make a graduate untrainable is if he can't correlate the practicals after the cumbersome theoretical work s/he did in school of which you don't blame him in that aspect. Do you know that even Chinese secondary school graduates are better equipped than our Masters and PhD holders? Then why won't they be ahead of us?

The blame is not for the individual but for the system.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Onegai(f): 6:27pm On May 21, 2015
I wish I could post pics from one of my brothers jobs. He's in Aeronautics at GE. Let me put it this way, if you've entered a new Airbus (Virgin and co) recently (its date is usually on the side), you've stepped in and used his work. Same with Boeing.

He's in charge of his team of Engineers testing out new engines now. His work stories are amazing.
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by kachnov(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2015
francizy:

You'd be amazed at how many you'd find. Why are our countrymen doing great abroad if I may ask? It's because the enabling environment is there. I didn't call out the government specifically if you read my post well. I said "our wealthy mean" which encompasses politicians, businessmen, pastors, etc. The only thing that will make a graduate unattainable is if he can't correlate the practicals with the cumbersome theoretical work s/he did in school of which you don't blame him in that aspect. Do you know that even Chinese secondary school graduates are better equipped than our Masters and PhD holders? Then why won't they be ahead of us?

The blame is not for the individual but for the system.

I get your point,the system isn't at its best today but it could have been worse.Lets just hope things get better sha with the new administration.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 21, 2015
Onegai:
I wish I could post pics from one of my brothers jobs. He's in Aeronautics at GE. Let me put it this way, if you've entered a new Airbus (Virgin and co) recently (its date is usually on the side), you've stepped in and used his work. Same with Boeing.

He's in charge of his team of Engineers testing out new engines now. His work stories are amazing.
Cool. My elder bros also works at Boeing.
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by francizy(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2015
kachnov:

I get your point,the system isn't at its best today but it could have been worse.Lets just hope things get better sha with the new administration.

Hopefully!
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Onegai(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And after you people will be asking for job.

The pictures could help inspire someone to set up a similar industry in Nigeria...manufacturing aircraft or aircraft components.

Which would provide jobs.

And which would make a lot of money for Nigeria..so that we can reduce school fees for you and your children...and even reduce petrol to N50 per liter...since we now have enough cash to subsidize...especially as we would be exporting made in Nigeria aircraft abroad.

We could even find it cheaper to set up indigenous airlines.

Better wake up.....serious countries live by using their hands...not by selling oil and importing flashy cars.

Nigeria can be better than China and South Korea and Malaysia...countries which were behind us in 1960.

We are soooooooo not ready for Airplane construction. This is my brother's job and the amount of testing they do for each part will baffle you, plus they don't build every single part at the exact same plant. He hasn't been able to relocate to Nigeria because he can't find a job for his skills (commercial and fighter plane design) and he hates Oil and Gas.

Even my friend, she wants to come back and set up a materials testing lab for any type of materials used in construction of any mechanical and civil device. Who's gonna fund it and Nigerian companies won't like independent testing (it will reveal their shoddiness quickly).

Let's start with car assembly. Then if we can get skilled workforce and constant power, maybe assemble internal parts of one section of the plane.

As in, my brother has even been sent to other countries to establish/oversee technicians and new assembly plants and he says based on what he sees, Nigeria is too far away from this reality.

Which is sad.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by dotune(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2015
Machines are gradually taking over human jobs.
To people wondering why Nigeria isn't making a plane;
1. Bad govt
2. Obj, atiku or Tinubu will want to own the company
3. Naija is not an industrialized country, no stable power, bad economy.
4. Insecurity (Niger delta or Boko haram can wake up one day and blow the place up
5. White people won't even show us the real thing, they prefer we pay them heavily to help us do it
6. Geopolitical war! Where do we zone it? U remember Bayelsa-Lagos Jonathan project relocation??
7. Pls add your own
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 21, 2015
Okay...
Re: Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. by Onegai(f): 6:36pm On May 21, 2015
CFCfan:

Cool. My elder bros also works at Boeing.

Where is he? Depending on his plant, he probably builds a certain section. My brother was in Ohio (engines) now he's in California testing new engines (I think they run on different fuel).

Let me guess, your bro studied Mechanical Engineering?

If we can set up multiple assembly plants, and use some of our solid minerals or metals to produce even one small component for planes or cars, Mechanical Engineers and Technicians will never lack for jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian Daldykan River Turns Blood-Red Sparking Biblical Plague Fears / Team Of Experts Predicts What The World Will Look Like In 2116. / Mystery As Hundreds Of Dead Ravens Fall Out Of The Sky In Russia ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.