Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Adebayor: King Of Africa Football - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (4661 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Ronaldo To Adebayor : We Don't Need You! / Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by yusufu16: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2009
I think they have robbed Aboutrika. Is it because he is playing in Africa. Common CAF should wake-up and be proud of our football.

Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by switch47(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
ADEBAYOR PLAYS IN ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD---------THE SECOND HIGHEST GOAL SCORER LAST SEASON IN A VERY COMPETITIVE LEAGUE--------ADEBAYOR DESERVES IT!!
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
What did Adebayor achieve last year to be even nominated?
Rubbish CAF.
Everyone knows Aboutrika deserves it by a mile.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by switch47(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2009
Eastbay:

What did Adebayor achieve last year to be even nominated?
Rubbish CAF.
Everyone knows Aboutrika deserves it by a mile.
adebayo playes in the premier league ans he was the second highest goal scorer in the very cometitive league not some home based local champion=========well not everyone knows b the way there is nothing you can do about it----now that adebayo has is YOU CAN TAKE IT AWAY FROM HIM!!!
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
switch,
Sometimes I find it hard to believe you're a United fan.

Was Adebayor at the Nations Cup last year?No
Was Adebayor a winner of any major trophy last year?No

By your logic,Utaka and Habib Beye should be nominated,because they also play in a highly competitive league.
What about Kanoute?he scores regularly in la liga,or isn't that league competitive?

CAF has a way of shooting themselves in the BALLS.A winner of the Nations Cup and CAF Champions League in the same year is not fit enough to be their player of the year,just because he plays in Africa.But an Adebayor,who finished second in scoring to a MIDFIELDER is good enough.
You do the math.I think CAF hs never been fair in their awards,so this doesn't really surprise me.It says AFRICAN footballer of the year.The criteria should be African-based.And the CAN and Champions League should feature highly.
I won't worry about taking an award that has been so undermined by wrong decisions year after year.
Aboutrika is NOT a local champion.He's by far the most consistent and most decorated African player over the past five years.Adebayor?Nuff said already
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by folem: 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2009
switch47:

adebayo playes in the premier league ans he was the second highest goal scorer in the very cometitive league not some home based local champion=========well not everyone knows b the way there is nothing you can do about it----now that adebayo has is  YOU CAN TAKE IT AWAY FROM HIM!!!

But CAF is  supposed to be "home based local champion"

Let us give only African Based players the Player of the year title just like Europe, South America and Asia.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by babaogun(m): 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
We all know that if you dont win a trophy, you dont deserve it.
I leave you guys to decide whether he does or not.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by omafal(m): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
could this be a tale of one eyed man been king in the land of the blind? Pls where r African players?? We need a revival o abeg
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by botson(m): 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
who the Bleep*** is Adebayor in the world of football, what has he achieve last season, men!!! nothing, this CAF of a thing is just rubbish,
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Dmajesty(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
African case can never be an exception. Africa follows world standard set by FIFA. In the history of football, no home base player has won world best footballer of the year. Home based can be compensated by giving them second or third but not the best. If Aboutrika had been playing in Ghana or any other country in Africa, He would have won straight away based on his performance. Just take a move and check this site for the list of world best so far http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year.

cheers.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by SamMilla1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
This is the only trophy arsenal will win this year and next year. lets rejoice
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
African case can never be an exception. Africa follows world standard set by FIFA. In the history of football, no home base player has won world best footballer of the year.

I dont understand this statement cos I think Baggio was Italian based in Italy when he won the awards in 1993
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Dmajesty(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2009
dayokanu,
u are rigth. But if check list very well you discover it not common at all. Lets be reasonable, how can somebody born, bread and buttered in Egypt, started his football carrer in Egypt, Playing league in Egypt, infact all in Egypt, HABA, its too much guy. Even if not Adebayor, it shouldnt b Aboutrika at all. Let him miss up with other players outside to see the difference. 99% of players in his league are Egytptians. I understand, the guy plays well but need to miss up with bigger buys out there.

cheers
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Jarus(m): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
Most NLders and other sports commentators initially tipped Zaki. When Zaki didn't make the Top 3, attention shifted to Aboutrika and Adebayor. I had personally being tipping Adebayor until few days to the event when I had to switch to Aboutrika side, having become convinced about the arguments for the guy. Adebayor really shone at the club level, but did virtually nothing for Togo other than fighting with their FA all the time(They didn't even qualify for Ghana 2008). Aboutrika shone @ Ahly as well as for Egyptian National team.

Anyway it's now gone, at least one Nigerian is winning it since 1999
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by JustGood(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2009
Pardon my ignorance but who is Aboutrika?
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by cvibe: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2009
I think Aboutrika is from Morrocco.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Jarus(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2009
cvibe:

I think Aboutrika is from Morrocco.
No, he is from Gabon.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by annyplenty(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2009
Jarus:

No, he is from Gabon.

Aboutrika is from Egypt. he deserved to win the award but then it was a matter of votes.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by A40(m): 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2009
Abeg they have given Adebayor!! all you anti-gunners should have a coke and a smile and take it like that
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Cristalz(f): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
Oga Arsenal, this isn't about being anti-Arsenal. It's about CAF being quite unfair about the award thing. Aboutrika deserved it more than Ade did,plain and simple.
I heard someone say it's like CAF doesn't recognize Africans playing solely on African soil. . .that they should have said the award was for Africans playing their football in foreign leagues.
CAF didn't even bother letting anyone outside their circle know the criteria for deciding the winner. Remember what happened the year when Drogba was supposed to win it? They gave the award to someone else simply because Drogba couldn't make it to the award show!! That made me lose my faith in them. . .thought they would do better this year, but. . .nada. Sad.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by markmarble(m): 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
CAF has just done the greatest disservice to African football.Aboutrika was by far the BEST african footballer home or abroad last year.He was simply sensational.CAF should learn to be more objective and transparent with these awards.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by jayjamal: 12:24am On Feb 13, 2009
wonder wat it takes to be afrika's best player scoring 30 goals or winnin trophies??///
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by alukstea(m): 1:59am On Feb 13, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Some people just Like to say whatever they think not what is it cause most of what they say are just so BASELESS,Fernado Torres was the second highest goal scorer last season and Adebayor was just like a resort at Arsenal he never was the heart of the Team it's just Caf giving this award so stupidly again this again isnt gonna ever Help Africa
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Kx: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2009
Hi guys,aint no need talking about this,cos everybody knows aboutrika is d winners,
4get caf and daylight robbery.

For the info of everybody who has 4goten,
I learnt from supersport ysterday that Togo did nt even play at the afcon ghana 2008.
Cant confirm but if thats true,u ll agree with me that adebayor did nt even desirve nomination let alone win it.

Supersport equally confirmed that adebayor won it cos while arsenal is on tv and watched
all weeklong by the 54 national coaches who voted for bayo,
eqyptian league aint on tv and did nt get the chance to be seen by these ancient coaches who
watches on EPL.

Well am willing to bet anything here
Togo wont make the worldcup and to d shame of caf,dia on king of african footy wont be in african worldcup.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by arogbowei: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2009
Hey guys, let's leave Adebayour alone, the boy deserve it. 2nd highest scorer in EPL, habba! By the way, did u remember Milan Arsenal match in the Champion's League? He delivered against all permutations. That is no to say that Aboutraiker did not perform well, but only one king at a time.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by alex406(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2009
No room for discrimination here,Adebayor really deserves it.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by eldee(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2009
Erm I heard sumone saying sumn bout Ade being second to a midfielder. This same midfielder outscored every striker in Europe.
This same midfielder is the best player in the world. And wait, didn't he outscore Torres too?
Adebayor was rated among the top 15 players in the world, where was Tricky? He was in Egypt winning the CAF Champion's League against Heart of Oak while Ade was scoring in UEFA.

Ade hoisted the African flag more than anyone else with 24 goals against the likes of Man Utd. He deserves this. . .
Erm, he won it already.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Isama: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2009
I don't know Y most of african people/leader are behaving like an animal they look down on them/us or being an african they look inferior.
1. I will start with Nigeria first.(We have Oil can't we have real Refinary we export it out and but it again)
2. Our Super Eagle are no more longer playing their Home Matches in Nigeria(Kanu said Abeokuta stadium is not good in which Angolans can play very well on the pitch).1994-2002 Team do they complains they are even happy to come and play in Nigeria but other way round in the case of our new Eagle and it's not their fault is the fault of Sport Administrator.How do u expect new Eagles to performe in the coming 2010 WC bcose we are playing in Africa so all african pitches are not good like Europe
3.Abutareka is the King of Africa Football. He won African Nations Cup, He play in African Soil with more than 25 gaols not Adebayo. Caf most implement their rules of Law they should first consider the Local Players frist b4 foreing players. indirectly they killing the spirit in african Football and Footballers.They should learn from South Americans, North Americans and Asia how their footbal were runs.

Thanks.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by dominictj(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2009
Africans are crazy about European football the more reason Y in few days time Heinekin sponsors of the UEFA champions league will be touring Africa with the trophy. we follow their leagues coz dats where football skills of the highest order is being displayed.
This could be d more reason Y Adebayor was voted 2008 African footballer of the year.
Lets not 4get dat our own Okocha was robbed in 2004 when CAF gave it to Eto.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by scizo: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2009
Luvers of soccer please, I think CAF and there sponsors are tryin some childish PR stunt dat wont last. Aboutreka surely deserves dis award. with d successs he achieved. as for adebayour, he is a gonner after dis undeserved accolade.
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by HNIC(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
eldee:

Erm I heard sumone saying sumn bout Ade being second to a midfielder. This same midfielder outscored every striker in Europe.
This same midfielder is the best player in the world. And wait, didn't he outscore Torres too?
Adebayor was rated among the top 15 players in the world, where was Tricky? He was in Egypt winning the CAF Champion's League against Heart of Oak while Ade was scoring in UEFA.

Ade hoisted the African flag more than anyone else with 24 goals against the likes of Man Utd. He deserves this. . .
Erm, he won it already.

@ Eldee,
God bless you for this.
Adebayor was rated amongst the best players in the world and he had an outstanding 07/08 season by all standards.
It's just that, many of the chaps that rooted for Aboutrika did, because of the hatred for both Arsenal and Adebayor!!!( many dont even know the player)
Rounding off with a sidetalk heard in a footie arguement.
'Who be Aboutrika? na mechanic or Igbo seller??If he wan win African footballer of the year, make he comot Egypt go Europe joo,Zaki sef don comot Egypt dey Wigan now.Abeg leave matter grin'
Re: Adebayor: King Of Africa Football by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
HNIC:

@ Eldee,
God bless you for this.
Adebayor was rated amongst the best players in the world and he had an outstanding 07/08 season by all standards.
It's just that, many of the chaps that rooted for Aboutrika did, because of the hatred for both Arsenal and Adebayor!!!( many dont even know the player)
Rounding off with a sidetalk heard in a footie arguement.
'Who be Aboutrika? na mechanic or Igbo seller??If he wan win African footballer of the year, make he comot Egypt go Europe joo,Zaki sef don comot Egypt dey Wigan now.Abeg leave matter grin'

so what happens to Aboutrika?
He had a better season than adebayor.
Adebayor was playing the mafia by fighting Togo FA.What the hell did he do for his national teAM?
You all talk about his 30 goals.For Christ's sake,where did it get him?

CAF has this inferiority complex.They are not proud of their own.abou is by far the best player from the continent;home or abroad.

The last comment on your argument aptly fits where it originated from:roadside mechanic shade.and I don't want to believe you emerged from their,fixing someone's car.
Egypt is by no means a footballing backwater.
They have pedigree.And we have to reckon with that fact.
Aboutrika,for all those uninformed goons,has been around for the better part of 5 seasons,winning trophies Adebayor can only fantasize about.
Your Adebayor wasn't even in Ghana.what nonsense is this all about?Can't CAF even make their own awards credible?or is the Nations Cup insignificant/

(1) (2) (3)

Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April / Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel / Chelsea Vs Rubin Kazan: Europa League (3-1) on 4th April, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.