Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,515 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: (1601 Views)

BiCX Bike Makes Riding Fun: A Self-Charging Ride / Has My Camry 2007 Engine Finally Knocked? / Difference Between Camry 2007 Xle V6 And 2010 Xle V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Izyokeke(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2015
I have Toyota camry 2007 and I notice that the battery discharges, I bought another battery the same thing, I took it to an electrician who said it is the attanator and we bought another one infact we have changed upto 4 attanators yet the same thing. If we start the car and put on the a/c and headlamp the charging will be dropping, if the battery is fully charged after five days the green indicator will turn to white. Pls I need a help from this forum. I am in Portharcourt.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Lexusgs430: 9:25pm On May 19, 2015
Izyokeke:
I have Toyota camry 2007 and I notice that the battery discharges, I bought another battery the same thing, I took it to an electrician who said it is the attanator and we bought another one infact we have changed upto 4 attanators yet the same thing. If we start the car and put on the a/c and headlamp the charging will be dropping, if the battery is fully charged after five days the green indicator will turn to white. Pls I need a help from this forum. I am in Portharcourt.

More than likely the voltage regulator for your alternator has failed.
The alternator needs to be removed from the car for the regulator to be fitted, and takes around 15 minutes to do for anybody who is competent using basic vehicle tools.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Izyokeke(m): 11:34pm On May 19, 2015
Thanks bros but we have changed upto 4 alternators Belgium complete yet no way? because we don't want change this and change that I bought complete.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Lexusgs430: 12:51am On May 20, 2015
Izyokeke:
Thanks bros but we have changed upto 4 alternators Belgium complete yet no way? because we don't want change this and change that I bought complete.

Voltage regulator is not your alternator, it is linked to your alternator(it's an independent part).
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Izyokeke(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2015
Ok pls which location can we find it in the car? God bless you.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by mayor2013: 8:07am On May 20, 2015
@ op there is a voltage drop some where. I advice you do a voltage drop test that would reveal where you have a short in the circuit. Do you have any after market gadgets installed in the car if yes I advice you uninstall them too but before that. Also do a parastic drain test. As for the electronic voltage regulator its right in your alternator but since you said you have changed alternator 4 times all to no avail I would rule that out. Note that the maximum the voltage drop between your alternator and battery should be 0.4v anything out side this should tell you there is a problem within the circuit. Lastly take your car away from that incompetent kazeem mechanic you have . I hope this helps you
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Izyokeke(m): 8:14am On May 20, 2015
Ok Thank you
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by mayor2013: 8:20am On May 20, 2015
Izyokeke:
Ok Thank you

Though I wouldn't rule out running a scan too
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by honmusa(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2015
Izyokeke:
U actually have a electrical issue that is causing huge parasitic drain on your battery .Call autologic @ 08061166316 to give u guide u in resolving it .
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: by Ricmayak1: 10:52pm On May 20, 2015
Put on several electrical loads and do a voltage drop test.
Check for parasitic drain.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Chevrolet Aveo / Abuja To Calabar 13032016 / Chinese Go Kart Being Claimed As Built In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.