Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Is This True About Nigerian Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True About Nigerian Women (1197 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump / Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 11:25pm On May 19, 2015
With this craze of the BABYMAMA DRAMA going on with naija celebs and the way their female fans are cheering them on, will it be safe to say that naija women are now Bleep ONE AND GET TWO FREE?

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by MRBrownJ: 11:30pm On May 19, 2015
where is the big deal, really? if someone want to get married then they should and someone doesnt they they should NOT...... what is wrong is people getting married when they dont want to!
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 11:36pm On May 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:
where is the big deal, really? if someone want to get married then they should and someone doesnt they they should NOT...... what is wrong is people getting married when they dont want to!

What is the big deal? Would have loved your parents to have raised you in same house as a married couple OR you raised by just your unmarked mom and your dad not in the house or maybe busy with another of his baby mama?

Which one do you prefer?
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by MRBrownJ: 11:59pm On May 19, 2015
steadyguy:

What is the big deal? Would have loved your parents to have raised you in same house as a married couple OR you raised by just your unmarked mom and your dad not in the house or maybe busy with another of his baby mama?

Which one do you prefer?

again, if someone does NOT want to get married and have children, then thats THEIR lives therefore their decisions. what is certainly wrong is 2 people getting married while they do NOT want to be married to one another. such miserable parents create a BAD environment/household for a child. yes an environment with two "loving" parents is best for a child, but sadly, some dont have such luxury.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 12:05am On May 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:

again, if someone does NOT want to get married and have children, then thats THEIR lives therefore their decisions. what is certainly wrong is 2 people getting married while they do NOT want to be married to one another. such miserable parents create a BAD environment/household for a child. yes an environment with two "loving" parents is best for a child, but sadly, some dont have such luxury.

I don't know where u r going with this but TWO will always be better than ONE.

Single parenting has destroyed societies. America is a good example. Family values has long being thrown to the dustbin because they believed it's cool to go it alone as a single parent.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by A7(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2015
Nigerian women
Southern Nigerian women.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by MRBrownJ: 12:29am On May 20, 2015
steadyguy:

I don't know where u r going with this but TWO will always be better than ONE.

two LOVING parents is all what people need... this certainly does NOT mean that they automatically MUST be married to one another or live together. many people out there are not married and raise children properly. get real!

Single parenting has destroyed societies. America is a good example. Family values has long being thrown to the dustbin because they believed it's cool to go it alone as a single parent.

#1 the fact that you automatically judge Davido and this gal as single parents is where you are failing. aint they a couple? so in your clouded mind, even if they live together they wont be able to raise that child right, simply because they are not married?!

#2 the fact that you believe that single parenting is what is destroying African families is where you are failing. what is destroying African families is forcing people to be married to someone they dont want to, and possibly ending up being miserable bitter parents that wont raise their children RIGHT.

#3 the fact that you believe that family values lay in having married parents, while it should lay in having LOVING parents that will raise children properly, is where you are failing miserably.

#4 they are together now and thats all what matters. if they ever break up then this two people will find other people to marry and raise that child properly. the important word here is PROPERLY. go ask Barack Obama!

yes two is better than one, but thinking that a single parent cannot raise a child proper is where you are wrong. its harder but its not impossible, give people some credit. yes again, we all know how you would rather people marry BY FORCE, because thats what you selfishly want them to do (even if they dont want to) but we dont live in the past no more!
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 12:53am On May 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:

two LOVING parents is all what people need... this certainly does NOT mean that they automatically MUST be married to one another or live together. many people out there are not married and raise children properly. get real!

#1 the fact that you automatically judge Davido and this gal as single parents is where you are failing. aint they a couple? so in your clouded mind, even if they live together they wont be able to raise that child right, simply because they are not married?!

#2 the fact that you believe that single parenting is what is destroying African families is where you are failing. what is destroying African families is forcing people to be married to someone they dont want to, and possibly ending up being miserable bitter parents that wont raise their children RIGHT.

#3 the fact that you believe that family values lay in having married parents, while it should lay in having LOVING parents that will raise children properly, is where you are failing miserably.

#4 they are together now and thats all what matters. if they ever break up then this two people will find other people to marry and raise that child properly. the important word here is PROPERLY. go ask Barack Obama!

yes two is better than one, but thinking that a single parent cannot raise a child proper is where you are wrong. its harder but its not impossible, give people some credit. yes again, we all know how you would rather people marry BY FORCE, because thats what you selfishly want them to do (even if they dont want to) but we dont live in the past no more!

Ok when you get a daughter or daughters and the get pregnant and then preach this to you. Go ahead and accept it.

You clearly can't grasp the pain that comes with raising a child alone. Go around and ask single mothers if they prefer to be married or remain single.

And ask kids raised in single homes if they prefer single parent household or married?

And maybe go pick up Barack obama's biography and see the pain he endured not having his father around.

Before you make your comparisons get your facts right.

And please tell me what part of Nigeria (except few parts of Muslim north) where they force people to marry each other?
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:07am On May 20, 2015
Leave them! The terrible thing that is befalling American ladies will soon start to befall them. The most unfortunate thing for Nigerian ladies is that they can't lawfully get child support from any man, only if the guy chose to support them

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 1:11am On May 20, 2015
ydass:
The terrible thing that is be falling American ladies will soon start to befall them

My dear abeg help me tell MrBrownJ wetin dey happen for America with the single parenting nonsense.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by MRBrownJ: 3:49am On May 20, 2015
steadyguy:
Ok when you get a daughter or daughters and the get pregnant and then preach this to you. Go ahead and accept it.

so long as they are happy and aware of their choices then thats all that would matter to me, as their father.
so long as you are two parents fully involved in your children's life then it does NOT matter whether you are married or not.

You clearly can't grasp the pain that comes with raising a child alone. Go around and ask single mothers if they prefer to be married or remain single.

where in that story did you read that the lady will raise the child alone?! stop writing nonsense and judging people that are nopt married for being irresponsible. many people out there are not married and caring perfectly together for their kids. where did you see a single parent here?!

And ask kids raised in single homes if they prefer single parent household or married?

BWAAAAAAAAAH! who cares what these kids prefer since this story is NOT about single parenting?! get your facts right.
again, if that kid has TWO LOVING PARENTS then it doesnt matter of his parents are married or not

And maybe go pick up Barack obama's biography and see the pain he endured not having his father around.
Before you make your comparisons get your facts right.

again, he was raised properly, got an education and became the president of the US of A..... so sorry, his mother did a GREAT JOB, contrary to what you will have us believe. now, yes he didnt have a father figure in his life but he ended up BETTER than many who had 2 married parents.

And please tell me what part of Nigeria (except few parts of Muslim north) where they force people to marry each other?

stoopid parts where people believe that they should AUTOMATICALLY marry someone who is pregnant by them; places where people believe that marriage means happy parents; places where people believe in marriage before believing in LOVE and CARE.

steadyguy:

My dear abeg help me tell MrBrownJ wetin dey happen for America with the single parenting nonsense.

pls Mr man, tell me about ONE THING that is happening in the US (thanks to this so called single parenting that you are talking about) that does NOT happen in other places of this world?! name just ONE
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 4:18am On May 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:

so long as they are happy and aware of their choices then thats all that would matter to me, as their father.
so long as you are two parents fully involved in your children's life then it does NOT matter whether you are married or not.

where in that story did you read that the lady will raise the child alone?! stop writing nonsense and judging people that are nopt married for being irresponsible. many people out there are not married and caring perfectly together for their kids. where did you see a single parent here?!

BWAAAAAAAAAH! who cares what these kids prefer since this story is NOT about single parenting?! get your facts right.
again, if that kid has TWO LOVING PARENTS then it doesnt matter of his parents are married or not

again, he was raised properly, got an education and became the president of the US of A..... so sorry, his mother did a GREAT JOB, contrary to what you will have us believe. now, yes he didnt have a father figure in his life but he ended up BETTER than many who had 2 married parents.

stoopid parts where people believe that they should AUTOMATICALLY marry someone who is pregnant by them; places where people believe that marriage means happy parents; places where people believe in marriage before believing in LOVE and CARE.

pls Mr man, tell me about ONE THING that is happening in the US (thanks to this so called single parenting that you are talking about) that does NOT happen in other places of this world?! name just ONE

Why are you spending so much time and effort to defend bullshit?

If a young nigerian girl walk up to you and say she wants to get pregnant and that she can take care or the child by herself, you will cheer her on to do it?

70% of BLACK children in US are born out of WEDLUCK.

Do you know the kind of chaos this is causing here in terms of crime, drop out rate in school, more teenage pregnancy cos most are raised by single moms, jails are over flowing, drug abuse, children growing up with so much hate for their parents cos they were not raising them as a unit?

You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to make a case or support single parenting.

Beacause one Barack obama made it then it's ok? Do you have an idea of the millions of kids that victims of single parenting.?

SHAME ON YOU.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by BabaNath(m): 6:14am On May 20, 2015
Should I comment or make I waka pass
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by MRBrownJ: 2:52pm On May 20, 2015
steadyguy:
Why are you spending so much time and effort to defend bullshit?

why are you spending so much time trying to force people to live YOUR life?! be happy with your life and let others be happy with THEIRS.

If a young nigerian girl walk up to you and say she wants to get pregnant and that she can take care or the child by herself, you will cheer her on to do it?

stop trying to change the subject here...... Davido and his gf had a child out of wedlock, they are happy together and thats this is to it. here you are "assuming" that A) they are not together or B) that they wont lovingly raise that child.

70% of BLACK children in US are born out of WEDLUCK.

is single parenting a crime?!

Do you know the kind of chaos this is causing here in terms of crime, drop out rate in school, more teenage pregnancy cos most are raised by single moms, jails are over flowing, drug abuse, children growing up with so much hate for their parents cos they were not raising them as a unit?

nonsense of the highest order!!!! the chaos in the US has nothing to do with single parenting or blacks...... you should use your brain to realise that there are single parents ALL OVER THE WORLD and therefore such chaos shouldnt just happen in the US (if the reason was single parenting)
i understand that you would prefer that people get married but many dont ALL OVER THE WORLD and they have no problem with it. the problem in the US is much bigger than single parenting, and i suggest you wake up fast

You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to make a case or support single parenting.

i will support single parenting because i have children and was never married to their mothers. we raised (raising) our kids properly while both being there. the fact that you are trying to portray unmarried people as irresponsible parents with children who are lacking is a farce. yeah "some" fathers are absent but some are just living in a different household and caring for their children, just like any other married man should. i also can tell you that MANY married parents are not even there to raise their kids, so stop making it seem like marriage is going to solve all the problems of this world. the important thing here is raising your child properly, and this has NOTHING to do with your parents being married or you living with your child. stop talking of what you obviously DONT know!

Beacause one Barack obama made it then it's ok? Do you have an idea of the millions of kids that victims of single parenting.?

are you insinuating that Barack Obama is the only black child from single parenting that ended up being successful in the US?! bwaaaaaaah, he is the greatest, but certainly not the only one. open your eyes instead of being blinded by nonsense.

SHAME ON YOU.

the shame should be on you who is quick to judge people just by a photo and claim BS online. you have been talking about single parenting the whole discussion while these two people are happily enjoying their newborn child. people like you are dangerous because you have a one sided minded, and you wouldnt see otherwise even if the proof would slap you in the face. what is the point of having a brain if you cant even use it?!
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 5:46pm On May 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:

why are you spending so much time trying to force people to live YOUR life?! be happy with your life and let others be happy with THEIRS.

stop trying to change the subject here...... Davido and his gf had a child out of wedlock, they are happy together and thats this is to it. here you are "assuming" that A) they are not together or B) that they wont lovingly raise that child.

is single parenting a crime?!

nonsense of the highest order!!!! the chaos in the US has nothing to do with single parenting or blacks...... you should use your brain to realise that there are single parents ALL OVER THE WORLD and therefore such chaos shouldnt just happen in the US (if the reason was single parenting)
i understand that you would prefer that people get married but many dont ALL OVER THE WORLD and they have no problem with it. the problem in the US is much bigger than single parenting, and i suggest you wake up fast

i will support single parenting because i have children and was never married to their mothers. we raised (raising) our kids properly while both being there. the fact that you are trying to portray unmarried people as irresponsible parents with children who are lacking is a farce. yeah "some" fathers are absent but some are just living in a different household and caring for their children, just like any other married man should. i also can tell you that MANY married parents are not even there to raise their kids, so stop making it seem like marriage is going to solve all the problems of this world. the important thing here is raising your child properly, and this has NOTHING to do with your parents being married or you living with your child. stop talking of what you obviously DONT know!

are you insinuating that Barack Obama is the only black child from single parenting that ended up being successful in the US?! bwaaaaaaah, he is the greatest, but certainly not the only one. open your eyes instead of being blinded by nonsense.

the shame should be on you who is quick to judge people just by a photo and claim BS online. you have been talking about single parenting the whole discussion while these two people are happily enjoying their newborn child. people like you are dangerous because you have a one sided minded, and you wouldnt see otherwise even if the proof would slap you in the face. what is the point of having a brain if you cant even use it?!

Stupidly assuming that your kids are happy that you were busy humping and donating sperm around.

Don't worry, they will tell you how they really feel when the time comes.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by tpiadotcom: 5:50pm On May 20, 2015
some nlers still have mouth to insult naija women?

wow, shame is certainly not the name of your game.
Re: Is This True About Nigerian Women by steadyguy: 11:20pm On May 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:
some nlers still have mouth to insult naija women?

wow, shame is certainly not the name of your game.

I meant the stupid ones.

They know themselves

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Governor-elect, Aminu Tambuwal Releases Official Portrait / Epic Picture Of Former President And President Elect ( Pics) / Theoretical Analysis Of A Technological Refinery Upgrade In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.