Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,560 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Guus Hiddink Is New Chelsea Coach!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guus Hiddink Is New Chelsea Coach!! (866 Views)

Guus Hiddink Is Set To Be Unveiled As Chelsea Caretaker Manager. / Guus Hiddink Is Set To Takeover From Mourinho / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guus Hiddink Is New Chelsea Coach!! by jhendor(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2009
BBC reports that Guus Hiddink is Chelsea's new coach.

read full report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7882667.stm
Re: Guus Hiddink Is New Chelsea Coach!! by mclinus(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2009
if they like they should even get Goose highneck,money is not every thing,u grab
Re: Guus Hiddink Is New Chelsea Coach!! by donaremu(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2009
Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Guus Hiddink as their new manager until the end of the season.

The Dutchman was quickly targeted as a replacement for Luiz Felipe Scolari, who was sacked on Monday following a poor run of results.
Hiddink, currently in charge of Russia's national side, was given permission by the Russian Football Union to hold talks with Chelsea, and will now combine the two positions.
A statement on Chelsea's official website read: "Chelsea Football Club are delighted to confirm Guus Hiddink will become temporary coach until the end of the season. He is due to meet the players this week.
"The club would like to take this opportunity to thank the Russia Football Union for their understanding and cooperation."
The wheels of the move were put into motion by Blues owner Roman Abramovich, who helps finance Hiddink's role with Russia.
And a short-term deal has been agreed which will see the former PSV Eindhoven and Real Madrid boss take charge at Stamford Bridge at least until the conclusion of the current campaign.
"It's to help out a friend. Abramovich is doing so much for Russian football and I want to do something back," Hiddink told Dutch Radio station 538.
"At the end of March there are two qualification matches, then again in June. So it is possible and at the end of the English season it's over.
'Within a few days I will go to London. I expect to be on the pitch next week."
He told Reuters: "It's never enough time to prepare a team in one week but this is an exceptional situation. Chelsea have good players and they should be in top form and that should make my job easier."
Hiddink also said he planned to attend Chelsea's FA Cup fifth round tie at Watford on Saturday.
Reports had suggested the 62-year-old is in line for a £2.5 million pay cheque for his four months in the Stamford Bridge hotseat.
But Hiddink denied his interest in the job was a result of the potentially enormous financial benefits and claimed he does not intend to put pen to paper on a contract.
"I don't have to sign one. It's not a question of money," he said.
Asked if he intended to bring any assistants with him to Stamford Bridge, he replied: "Not at this time."
"I always want to see the situation in the team myself first before making any changes if they have to be made," he added.
Meanwhile, Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has been touted as the long-term replacement for Scolari, with the Italian rumoured to be ready to take over from Hiddink in June.

(1) (Reply)

Please Drop Your Thank You Note To Mozambique. / Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 / Nigeria Vs Colombia New Venue Again I Give Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.