Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Humans Of New York: Ms. Olagunju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Humans Of New York: Ms. Olagunju (676 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Prophet Olagunju Prophecy 2016: Biafra Nation Is Real, OBJ Will Die, IBB Willl H / Obasanjo Will Die, Ibb Will Have Stroke, Fayose Will Be Impeached–Pro Olagunju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humans Of New York: Ms. Olagunju by Ilekeh(f): 4:30am On May 20, 2015
"“I came from a very poor family. My father was a small farmer in Nigeria. And even though he had no education, he always taught me that education was the most important thing. He told me: ‘When you have no education, it’s like being in a small room with many people. There is little opportunity available to you, and many people are competing with you. But as you educate yourself, the room grows. You have more opportunities, and less people competing with you.’ I always remembered that. My mother died when I was twelve. I started working as a maid when I turned thirteen. I made 5 cents a day, which I saved for school. There was no free education in Nigeria. When I ran out of money, I’d stop going to school and go back to work. Stop, work, go back to school. Stop, work, go back to school. And all along my father would say, ‘You aren’t done yet. This is not your last bus stop. One day you will have so much education that you will teach in America."

Yorubas are hard workers and they prioritize education as a powerful tool.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Humans Of New York: Ms. Olagunju by Ilekeh(f): 4:37am On May 20, 2015
More

Re: Humans Of New York: Ms. Olagunju by jaysniggs: 6:41am On May 20, 2015
We blacks haven't read enough
We still clinge on to the old werstern education which the whites have neglected!

Pitiful

(1) (Reply)

US Lobbies Buhari On Petroleum Minister / Bear With Us As We Tackle The Rot – Buhari / Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.