Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Naija's Flocking Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naija's Flocking Dubai (979 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija's Flocking Dubai by kimosh: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2009
why are so many naija's are running to dubai?
http://african-journal..com/2009/02/dubai-shopping-mania.html
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by obi06: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
becos that's where life dey grin grin grin
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2009
cos it's visa-free - or howelse would u describe a situation where all u need to procure a visa is N20K. Nothing else and u get it almost same day (or so i heard)
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by tpia: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by sandyi28: 6:19am On Feb 12, 2009
haven't u all heard dubai is d new london man wink
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2009
Which is which? We hear they are flocking Nigeria due to the recession ( no proof provided on that actually being the case though) and now they are flocking Dubai?
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by tpia: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Riskie(f): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2009
Most Nigerians come to shop not to stay. It's only visa free for American and British passport holders and some others but not Nigerians. Visit visa for Nigerian passport holders can be hard to get at times. Dubai is not the place to run to if you're running from the recession. Before the recession started the price of rent among other things was steadily going through the roof since like 4 or 5 years ago. They even put a ban on sharing flats and villas in Dubai. People are returning to their home countries from here because of the price hikes. Nonetheless it's a nice place to live or visit.
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by debosky(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2009
Riskie:

Most Nigerians come to shop not to stay. It's only visa free for American and British passport holders and some others but not Nigerians. Visit visa for Nigerian passport holders can be hard to get at times. Dubai is not the place to run to if you're running from the recession. Before the recession started the price of rent among other things was steadily going through the roof since like 4 or 5 years ago. They even put a ban on sharing flats and villas in Dubai. People are returning to their home countries from here because of the price hikes. Nonetheless it's a nice place to live or visit.

Can stay with you when I come to visit? I'll be nice I promise! wink
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Riskie(f): 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sure no problem! cheesy
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2009
Riskie:

So it is not the case then that Nigerians are flocking to dubai? Interesting!!! I wonder where the @Poster and those who claim this to be factual info got their information from.
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by tpia: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by debosky(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
Riskie:

Sure no problem! cheesy
Perfect! cheesy Let's chat about it later wink

Hehehe - OP said people are flocking to dubai (with a link titled shopping mania). What does that have to do with flocking to naija due to recession? Abi flocking means relocating? Abeg Tpia please help me o, maybe I nor sabi English. cheesy
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by MrCrackles(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
Tpia and Kobo

Make una nor start any war for here oo! grin cheesy

Riskie:

Most Nigerians come to shop not to stay. It's only visa free for American and British passport holders and some others but not Nigerians.

True, Nigerians need visas

Nigerians pretty much flock Dubai to shop or to holiday!!
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by lucabrasi(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

Hehehe - OP said people are flocking to dubai (with a link titled shopping mania). What does that have to do with flocking to naija due to recession? Abi flocking means relocating? Abeg Tpia please help me o, maybe I nor sabi English. cheesy
i tire o,i wont say anything but thank GOD im not the only one who witnessed this , when i say some people are clueless and out of touch with nigeria and the only view they have is negative,ppl ll disagree with me , nigerian exodus to dubai as a result of naija recession grin
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
WOW !!! All this cause of simple questions asked? WOW!! lol
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by tpia: 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by debosky(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW !!! All this cause of simple daft/completely unrelated questions asked? WOW!! lol
Yes of course! ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by MrCrackles(m): 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

Yes of course! ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin

Hehe!!!

Debosky nor bring jerry can and matches comot ooo
! grin cheesy
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by Busybody2(f): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
Someone is yet to learn how to connect the dots, ROFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: Naija's Flocking Dubai by lucabrasi(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW !!! All this cause of simple questions asked? WOW!! lol
sorry no vex o,hope u wernt reffering to me,cause i was making a general comment,
@post
grin grin grin grin grin grin exodus,movement of nigerians,very soon recession will lead to the exodus of people in my village affected by the financial meltdown, lol

(1) (Reply)

Ghost Worker Phenomenon As Bastion Of Treasury Looting / Police Brutalty In G20 Meeting Kills Man - Ian Tomlison / Becomeconfusionist!still Under My Scrutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.