Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria (24995 Views)

Bingo Dry Food For Dogs From UAC - What Do You Think? / Dry Food For Sale / PLS HELP, My 3months Old Rottweiler Puppy Rarely Eats Dry Food( Diamond Puppy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by code9(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2015
which dry food is the best and readily available in Nigeria. Most I've heard of here in Nigeria are usually rated 1 star by dog food advisor

From my observation the top rated in Nigeria are listed below. If you have a better list let's hear from you

Diamond puppy/Adult (1 star)
Arion Puppy/Adult (1 star)
Jojo Crunchy
pedigree
Purina

1 Like

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 12:31pm On May 20, 2015
Nice topic!
But u missed the much celebrated Royal canin that I've not even seen for once even when I was in lag, I visited shoprite and still couldn't get it
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Prodeegee(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2015
Apitch:
Nice topic!
But u missed the much celebrated Royal canin that I've not even seen for once even when I was in lag, I visited shoprite and still couldn't get it
Shopriite only distributes pedigree and apso...
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Prodeegee(m): 12:46pm On May 20, 2015
code9:
which dry food is the best and readily available in Nigeria. Most I've heard of here in Nigeria are usually rated 1 star by dog food advisor

From my observation the top rated in Nigeria are listed below. If you have a better list let's hear from you

Jojo Crunchy
pedigree
Purina
K9 gold
Binggo
Royal canine(5 star)

3 Likes

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 12:58pm On May 20, 2015
code9:

Jojo Crunchy
pedigree
Purina

"Bob Martin" the favorite for my dog (zara)

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by code9(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2015
Prodeegee:

K9 gold
Binggo
Royal canine(5 star)

prodegee Royal canine is 5 star but no where to be found here in Nigeria. i have searched all over for high quality dry food but all i can find is 1 star rating foods. Why is this so? are importers not savvy about dog kibble quality?

Cc Seun

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/best-puppy-foods/best-dry-puppy-foods-5-star/
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/best-puppy-foods/best-dry-puppy-foods-4-star/
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/1-star/
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/2-star/
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/3-star/
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by blasiangurl85(f): 1:47pm On May 20, 2015
You can get royal canine at pet care animal hospital in opebi lagos. From what I read it's just 2 and a half stars not 5 stars. I've also searched high and low for quality dry dog food. I thought I had found a good one called propac. It was advertised on nairaland. I was so happy I was going to drive there to stock up. Thank goodness I called before going. They've been out of stock for sometime and I'm still waiting for them to get new stock. I feed my pup arion but I mix it with fish and chicken to kinda bulk up on the protein content.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2015
Royal Canin top the list

2 Likes

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
Someone just introduced MY LORD to me and i just bought the 15kg bag.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by cbay(f): 9:33am On May 21, 2015
kolajoo:
Someone just introduced MY LORD to me and i just bought the 15kg bag.

Never heard of that name before. Do you mind uploading the pics? I feed my pup Arion Puppy. Started with diamond but switched to Arion. It appears Diamond and Arion have the same nutritional value.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2015
cbay:

Never heard of that name before. Do you mind uploading the pics? I feed my pup Arion Puppy. Started with diamond but switched to Arion. It appears Diamond and Arion have the same nutritional value.
Here's it as you requested and meet Max. He's not eating though but he's healthy sha!

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2015
Meet Max

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by code9(m): 2:29pm On May 21, 2015
kolajoo:
Meet Max

Max is cute. How old is he. What's d main ingredient of My Lord?
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 2:33pm On May 21, 2015
code9:

Max is cute. How old is he. What's d main ingredient of My Lord?
Thanks, he was born on 28th Jan 2015. Can you rate the purity of my little Max please?. I don't know the main ingredient, someone just recommend it and I was told it's good and that's why I go for it to change from Arion.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by cbay(f): 4:23pm On May 21, 2015
kolajoo:
Thanks, he was born on 28th Jan 2015. Can you rate the purity of my little Max please?. I don't know the main ingredient, someone just recommend it and I was told it's good and that's why I go for it to change from Arion.

Max look good. Although she's a few weeks younger than mine. He'll grow just fine.

Here's mine: https://www.nairaland.com/2143472/finally-got-pup-boerboel-see

1 Like

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by code9(m): 1:31pm On May 30, 2015
My Lord Premium looks like a pretty good kibble.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by philfrey08: 1:04am On Jul 10, 2015
ROYAL CANINI IS IN IBADAN O......
I almost killed my dog when she refused to eat it...

9 Likes

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Max is eating Royal Canine now always mix with Can food.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by sirneyo2005: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
philfrey08:
ROYAL CANINI IS IN IBADAN O...... I almost killed my dog when she refused to eat it...

lol grin
philfrey08:
ROYAL CANINI IS IN IBADAN O...... I almost killed my dog when she refused to eat it...

lol
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by cbay(f): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2015
philfrey08:

Loool! Dogs sha know how to frustrate person. Can you imagine I bought 20kg bag of Diamond naturals extreme athlete for my dog and she just refuses to eat! I just dey laugh am because she never see hunger in person before grin grin

Anyway I observed that her digestive system performs poorly with dry food ( tried arion and diamond already..). She will stool liquid and frequent with bad smell.

Here's what I did that is currently working. I take my time to parboil the dry food. Put a cup and half in water and boil till its a bit pasty and then I add semovita, raw egg(if available), a little red oil, one pack of indomie (if available) and stir until it becomes hard like eba. I allow to cool off, break into peices and serve whole or with a lil soup on top.

I also achieve this by mixing dry food with rice and cooking them together. Since then She has been easting considerably well with firm stool and poops around once or twice a day (as I have noticed)

My dog is currently around 20kg ~ at 5-6months. though still lagging behind in weight. But I'm optimistic she'll pickup fine. tongue tongue

Damn... Typing aint easy bro.. see ya kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by countsparrow: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
philfrey08:

Lol... I feel ur pain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
philfrey08:
Chai! Laff eyaf kee me oo
Guy people won't understand till it happens to them. I have 4 different bags of dry food in my house, and I even wanted to order for the royal canin till I saw ur post, I thought it was unrejectable. My oldest dog rejects food like it's no mans biz and she even teaches the younger ones, canned foods too yakpa for my house. Today she's eating it like it's the best and I buy in bulk to make sure it doesn't get scarce before I can replace and just then, she will just sniff and walk away.
Worse part is if u ignore her, she won't eat for 2days and na me go first pity am come dey beg am, she prefer that my own food so I don't have a diet for her, I change when she gets bored.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by philfrey08: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
cbay:

Loool! Dogs sha know how to frustrate person. Can you imagine I bought 20kg bag of Diamond naturals extreme athlete for my dog and she just refuses to eat! I just dey laugh am because she never see hunger in person before grin grin

Anyway I observed that her digestive system performs poorly with dry food ( tried arion and diamond already..). She will stool liquid and frequent with bad smell.

Here's what I did that is currently working. I take my time to parboil the dry food. Put a cup and half in water and boil till its a bit pasty and then I add semovita, raw egg(if available), a little red oil, one pack of indomie (if available) and stir until it becomes hard like eba. I allow to cool off, break into peices and serve whole or with a lil soup on top.

I also achieve this by mixing dry food with rice and cooking them together. Since then She has been easting considerably well with firm stool and poops around once or twice a day (as I have noticed)

My dog is currently around 20kg ~ at 5-6months. though still lagging behind in weight. But I'm optimistic she'll pickup fine. tongue tongue

Damn... Typing aint easy bro.. see ya kiss kiss

Na u sabi o.... your dog dey gbadun.... Female dogs eat with style nawa for them.... very annoying. Now i buy 5kg food for 1000naira that lasts almost a month
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by buzuazi(m): 1:08am On Mar 14, 2016
Please,can any1 tell me if its good to buy fat and feed my rot?I feed her with pets they sell in Shoprite but I feel buying fat too should help gain some weight while I exercise her very well
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
cbay:
Here's an easier way: save the water you use to cook your meat/chicken and mix some of it with the unwanted dry food just before serving it. I don't cook, but when I ate canned sardines I used to save the oil and mix it with the crappy dog kibble I mistakenly bought, and it worked.
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Caveatemptor(m): 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Some dogs are fussy. Its so annoying. However these are some of the solutions I discovered.
1. At times I mix the kibble with can foods.
2.At times I mix the kibble with local vegetable oil(ororo).
3.I mix the kibble with fish meal and local vegetable oil to form a solid paste.
4.I mix the kibble with cray fish waste(heads) which I boil slightly with NO salt.
5.On sundays I mix kibble with rice and canned food as a kind of treat.
6.On occasions when the economy is hard I serve them plain eba with stew.
7. When the economy is fine with me I serve them bowls of milk before the meals.
8.At times I serve them biscuit bones( RAW),which I get from a local Abattoir where I buy meat.
They always gulp everything so I guess variety and changing foods kind of helps. I also try to take them for long walks before feeding them.

1 Like

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by pmadise(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Royal Canin is very good but it's over hyped cos they sponsor lots of shows hence too expensive. Diamond to me is as good as RC based on results.

Diamond works, it's available and affordable so it's the best to me (in Nigeria).
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Sobala: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Personally, if ratings are anything to go by, i think the royal canin is nowhere as good as diamond naturals. I have tried the diamond naturals and it works just fine for me, plus its readily available and much more affordable at N17,000 for the 23kg bag as against the N20,000 for the 18kg royal canin bag. My two cents
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by emeka2847: 6:10am On Jul 08, 2016
What of Arion wey get better smell so tey you go wan use am soak garri?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by Jerobans: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
lol....I am new in this. I got a puppy Lhasa Apso. What do you guys recommend?
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by olisafincy(m): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
K9-favorite
Re: Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria by nike4love: 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
emeka2847:
What of Arion wey get better smell so tey you wan use am soak garri?
Lols
You re sick man......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of Mo: The Boerboel / Beloved Chimpanzee Laid To Rest In Casket At Uganda Wildlife Conservation Centre / Diary Of Maya, My Sweet Caucasian Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.