Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (59725 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 20, 2015
did mine 11K and it took them more than 5 months to produce my license after the so called biometrics

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Olubachar(m): 6:44pm On May 20, 2015
kayswag100:
Lies. Is 13500 in ibadan. That is at their Onireke office. I walked into d office with Old DL that expired 2013.

Even after verifying my details online, I was told to pay 13500. (claiming they don't renew the older DLs anymore).

I was given one flimsy excuse of a Driving School Certificate and other photocopies and told to wait for SMS for physical capture.

I'm sure they know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY N6350 @ any of their offices nation wide. #fact

The same story in Akure( FRSC office located @ ondo state board of internal revenue building) I was told to pay a sum of 13,500 for renewal of old DL. When I querried the officer in charge he said that I did not obtain the expired DL through the right channel. i.e. I gave someone money and passport the for my expired DL.
Meanwhile,he said the actual price of renew a genuine DL is 6,350.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Kenquil: 6:58pm On May 20, 2015
I was at FRSC office at Wuse Zone 7, Abuja yesterday and they told me the price of driver's licence is N6350....
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Firstly I said that was in 2013.
I can't even remember when FRSC 'enforced' the new DL, be it before/after I got mine.

I am also sure so many people have gotten theirs faster, this is Nigeria dear. You don't expect me to spend all my time waiting for DL at their office, when I have a fam friend (i.e back door) working in the same office.

As for leaving Abia state with it. You don't wanna know the roads I ply.
So, before you hop on any comment to shout lie. Read and understand, understanding is very_very important.

Aunty, since u have continued to amend ur previous lies without saying the truth, u will continue to lie. U just made ur comment on this thread because u want to form "among" . I did mine same year ma.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2015
Blackfire:

that guy lie no need driving license, na pilot license. Chai people can lie..no wonder devil is afraid of nigerians(like him)

Bros, na babe o. Na so them dey come deceive pple for NL. They want to form among in everything even in those things they know nothing about.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

Aunty, since u have continued to amend ur previous lies without saying the truth, u will continue to lie. U just made ur comment on this thread because u want to form "among" . I did mine same year ma.

hehehehe.
Wear your thinking cap baby... I expected an intelligent rebuttal.
Don't blame me, I expect too much. grin
You have been indulged, go bask in the euphoria...

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hehehehe. Wear your thinking cap baby... I expected an intelligent rebuttal. Don't blame me, I expect too much. grin You have been indulged, go bask in the euphoria...
Continue deceiving ur fans on NL.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Blackfire(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

Bros, na babe o. Na so them dey come deceive pple for NL. They want to form among in everything even in those things they know nothing about.

a what? Saying this poo? Am telling so many ladies with fake life,claiming poosh. They use 30k phone,but cant boast of 3k
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 20, 2015
#15000. I got it on the spot..after waiting like 1hr. I even dey shii (vex) for d guy say he made me wait...
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Calbarian(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
eliment:
Wetin some dey get as low as 5k

No be bicycle riders' permit wey dem dey talk about o!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Chili89: 8:24pm On May 20, 2015
Got mine in 2013 for #9000 at Kaduna office, hopefully next year when I go for renewal it wn't be up to#6350.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Creamish(f): 8:25pm On May 20, 2015
Dcaliphate:
I got mine at N10,000

Yeah me too... at an FRSC office. Did the capture 2days later. ..got temp license valid for 2-3months... got permanent license 2months after d temporary ID expired. I was notified via text dat it was ready for pickup.

.....just wanted to avoid any unnecessary wahala wit fake IDs..
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by kixo(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2015
The actual cost of getting a DL is N6350, but I did mine for N12,000. I asked a licensing officer who gave me the breakdown, he said, he needs to get me a driving school certificate and VIO's approval without stress and money has to be tipped. I agreed, it didn't take up to 8days, I went for my capture @ FRSC office, I have my temporary DL awaiting my permanent DL.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by missmalachi: 8:30pm On May 20, 2015
I did mine @ VIO office utako abuja for 8k
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Ekugbeh(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2015
Buh it around 10 to 11k o here in ughelli
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Cmanforall: 9:24pm On May 20, 2015
kayswag100:

A carpenter? Perharps; but one u would FOREVER be beneath! !

You mentality and level of understanding just showed with this your post... #Reta.rd

Just turned a complement to an insult....

#All dz kids on NL

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Anextin(f): 9:29pm On May 20, 2015
Its only in Mabushi Office of the VIO that you get such price, and that's if u are ready to go round yourself, if not the VIO boys charges between 8-8.5k to help out. i was speaking with one of their bosses today regarding my plate number. Then i mentioned how I heard that their office in Maraba is known for issuance of fake licence. He told me that even when you arrest such people, the police bails then without any delay. That the only solution is the awareness the are creating, letting people know that if u do not capture, eye test and thumbprint , then your licence is FAKE, and once FRSC catches you, you will pay the fine and still produce the real licence before your car will be released.

so, people if u didn't THUMP PRINT, CAPTURE AND NO EYE TEST, THEN YOUR LICENCE IS FAKE.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by baruwainfo: 9:31pm On May 20, 2015
Jst as kerosine is '50 naira' a litre
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chuckdee4(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2015
pek:
FRSC underpaid? you don't know what is underpaid

How much are we talking here?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by deelobe: 9:52pm On May 20, 2015
missbehave247:
The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Mr Boboye Oyeyemi, has revealed the real cost of obtaining a driver’s licence in the country.

FRSC boss, Boboye Oyeyemi

The Nigerian Tribune reported that, Boboye, while speaking in Abuja, said the real cost of obtaining a driver’s licence from the corp was N6,350. He made the disclosure on Tuesday, at a one-day workshop organised by the commission for members of security agencies in the country on verification procedure of DL and number plates.

The FRSC boss said citizens can get their licences in licencing offices nationwide, adding that those, who gave other people money and passports to collect licences for them were doing themselves a lot of harm.

“Members of the public who give money and passport size photograph to anybody in order to collect driver’s licence are doing disservice to themselves.

“Going through third party costs more money and produces fake licence to unsuspecting applicants, which is an offence. Cost of original driver’s licence is N6,350 and the applicant must go for biometrics at any licensing office across the country to obtain
the licence.

“This is safer and costs less compared to the ones that pay third party for driver’s licence and at the end of the day, they will be apprehended for carrying fake licence, ” Boboye said.

Boboye also stated that, it was a criminal offence for anyone to carry fake drivers licence, adding that those found with fakes drivers licence will be prosecuted.

Various Nigerian have been complaining that the FRSC was charging too much to get drivers licence.

Nigerians pay as much as 15,000 to 17,000 Naira to obtain a drivers licence.

Source:-http://www.naij.com/442491-frsc-reveals-real-cost-obtaining-drivers-licence.html

Cc:lalasticlala
it is obvious you don't know what goes on in your backyard. Make I laugh for pidgin hehehe. The frustration you go through will encourage you to pay the unofficial 15,000.
The office at Pedro, Bariga is like a pigstile and a madhouse and the ogas feifn ignorance. You axrually see them sharing the 1000 amongst themselves from one tabke to the other. SHIO!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by ninamyers: 9:59pm On May 20, 2015
chyjio:
That's what they'll say in the public. But go to their office and it will be a different story entrirely. My country my country!
its really 6,350 naira in Abuja. I paid for mine, got my hubby n friends to reg, all paid same at access bank then Road safety hq, zone 7 for bio metrics reg, was given temporary cards n 2months later or so the original was ready for pick up. it wasn't stressful for us. Honest. We Nigerians shld learn to b patient.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by pattybf(f): 10:33pm On May 20, 2015
The boss has said his own but I assure u all that this is only in theory as nobody has ever gotten a driver license in recent time at dat price n nobody will. He didnt mention other fees attached to it like paying to get certificate n leaners permit from a govt approved driving school, paying for capture,paying for driving test, paying for a cd they make compulsory.not to mention other monies u r likely to bribe to get hasten things up. #6,350 goes to govt acct while u r left at ur own mercy to sort things out. I have 7 people on queue yet to be captured because they complained they dont have over 3hrs to waste waiting.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by kayswag100(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2015
Cmanforall:

You mentality and level of understanding just showed with this your post... #Reta.rd

Just turned a complement to an insult....

#All dz kids on NL

APOLOGIES!!

YOU WIN.

#endofdiscussion
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 20, 2015
The boogeyman is here, that's the cause of all this sheeeet! As for me, I've never renewed licence since 2011! that one concern ppl wey get their time. What is the power of a licence?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by pattybf(f): 10:47pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

U lied joor. U paid 7k got DL under 48hrs. And they brought it for u. Fear God na. U need to be present for what they call capture and ur bio metrics will be taken. Then u have to wait for atleast 1week before they get it done in Abj. Choi

this may be in Abuja but in Lagos here, its possible to apply n capture within 48hrs but certainly not for 7k.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 10:54pm On May 20, 2015
pattybf:

this may be in Abuja but in Lagos here, its possible to apply n capture within 48hrs but certainly not for 7k.

Go and read her comment and see her lies. It seems u r an AGENT. Abeg na which part of Lagos be that cos its not possible btw Ikeja and Ojodu. These places are my territory.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by pattybf(f): 11:28pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

Go and read her comment and see her lies. It seems u r an AGENT. Abeg na which part of Lagos be that cos its not possible btw Ikeja and Ojodu. These places are my territory.

yes I use apapa office, is not as if things are that easy there but we know our ways, n for those who apply by themselves, na oyo! I use bariga office sometimes but I prefer d apapa. If I have a client's money n form filled early enof n the person is ready, I could get d whole job done in a day but I give it 48hrs to be sure not to disappoint.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by slim147(m): 12:58am On May 21, 2015
Did mine 7,500 at FRSC office in Gwagwalada Abuja
Got it Next Day ! The guy was very honest and truthful not like most thieves wey dey Lagos.
My neighbour said he got his for 15k+ Abeg Sir . Lol
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by sultaan(m): 1:50am On May 21, 2015
How about the fact that I pay less than N6300 to renew mine for 10 years in the U.S. and N4k for 5 years.

Cost of governance in Nigeria is still one of the highest in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.