Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Do Politicians Steal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Politicians Steal? (708 Views)

Fact-check: Do Politicians Really Hide Luxury Cars From EFCC? / How Does Politicians Steal Money? / Photo That Reflect Why Politicians Steal Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Politicians Steal? by 9jatriot(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2015
Stealing or corruption (Your definition is your choice) is what it is and should be condemned in all ramifications. I am however perturbed when politicians steal our common wealth for personal gratification.

I can in a way relate with policemen who have families to cater for and yet earn between 25,000 - 40,000 naira a month, or civil servants who earn just a little higher. Even teachers who have poor salaries are not know to be blatant thieves, in short majority of them are kind of honest.

Why then will a president, governor, senator, legislator, minister, commissioner and all other political position holders make it a duty to steal a nation blind in spite of the huge (official) salary they received gift they get from sycophants and favor seekers, allowances etc yet they make stealing a hobby. However can a minister's salary not be enough to the extent of turning NNPC into a personal ATM machine. Haba. This greed is too much.

What will a presidents wife say she does not have that will make her involved in all kinds of shady deals?? So many questions bothering my mind. You only need to see real suffering of people, who do not know where their next meal will be from or no where to lay their head to understand that these politicians are evil. Yet on Sundays, they sing the loudest in church and are given special chairs and positions, people don't even fear God again at all. If your problem is that you could not find fuel to buy for your gen, please know that you are one of the fortunate ones even if it "I pass my neighbor" type of gen and not part of the suffering ones I am talking about here. There is real suffering in the land to the extent that a lot of people have become dehumanized and sometimes equate themselves to ordinary animals.

Even if the system cannot check the politician, do they not have a conscience?? Haba!!

Forgive my rhetoric's, even I am not sure what triggered it this afternoon.
Re: Why Do Politicians Steal? by docmoses(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2015
k
Re: Why Do Politicians Steal? by publicenemy(m): 4:44pm On May 20, 2015
Because they are thieves
Re: Why Do Politicians Steal? by MKO4ever(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2015
Answer is 'No'

(1) (Reply)

PICS Of A Guy Refuelling His Car From A Bucket Due To Fuel Scarcity / Buhari Begging Gej For Information On Fuel Crisis / The Scam Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.