Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship (9540 Views)

Twenty Young Nigerians Who Helped General Buhari Become President Buhari In 2015 / Top 7 Young Nigerians Who Are Likely To Become President / Buhari Meets Young Nigerians In Washington D.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by zinachidi(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2015
The Deputy Consul-General of the U.S. Consulate- General in Lagos, Mrs Dehab Ghebreab, on Wednesday said 40 young Nigerians have been selected to participate in this year’s Mandela Washington Fellowship. Ghebeah disclosed this to newsmen on the sidelines of a pre-departure orientation programme for the beneficiaries at the Consulate’s premises in Lagos. The U.S. official said that they were carefully selected from among over 7,000 Nigerians that applied for the yearly international programme.

“Following our announcements and publication of the programme on our website, we received about 7,000 applications from young Nigerians.
“But, after a review of these applications in our office in Washington D.C., these 40 young Nigerians have been shortlisted to participate in the 2015 Mandela Washington Fellowship. “It is really remarkable to see what these selected young Nigerians have been doing privately in different parts of Nigeria,’’ she said. Ghebreah said that 21 out of the selected persons came from the North, while 19 others were selected from the Southern part the country. The deputy consul- general added that until their selection, they were privately working in different areas of civil leadership, public management, business and entrepreneurship.

According to her, the six-week programme will further enhance their academic and leadership excellence in their various fields. She said the beneficiaries would first be joining other young men and women from other African countries to participate in an internship programme, before visiting Washington D.C for a Summit.

Ghebreah also said that they would be meeting with President Barack Obama and other U.S Congressional leaders in Washington D.C. The Mandela Washington Fellowship is the flagship programme of President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), and his commitment to invest in the future of Africa. The initiative was developed by the U.S. government in recognition of the critical role of young Africans in strengthening democratic institutions, economic growth, and enhancing peace and security in Africa.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/40-young-nigerians-selected-for-us-mandela-fellowship/

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by WAGAZ: 5:09pm On May 20, 2015
good
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 20, 2015
Okay... Nice one!
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by strawberryinc(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2015
me sef put in o but na age disqualify me.... crying in CAPITAL LETTERS
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Idrismusty97(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2015
Ghebreah said that 21 out of the selected persons
came from the North, while 19 others were selected
from the Southern part the country.
Whatever the program is about, wishing them good luck!
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 20, 2015
strawberryinc:

Aaawww
I pray you get another one soon
Cheers
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 20, 2015
Below 25...you still have a chance except you are above 35.

strawberryinc:
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by omenka(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2015
#Rubs palms in anticipation.
Obama, here "we" come.
I know a member out there knows what I'm talking about. cheesycheesy
Doc reveal yourself oo. grin
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by anibo2(m): 5:17pm On May 20, 2015
K
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 20, 2015
Wonderful!

The Future is Pregnant
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by geedeex2(m): 5:20pm On May 20, 2015
Fellowship with Mandela? Kini ibasepo oku ati alaye ?

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by ultrazone(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2015
hhh
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by putin3: 5:29pm On May 20, 2015
America future spies forget nothing good comes from that place.their empire and superpower is more important to them than human life.usa has nothing to offer a black man.those who is worshipping them should look at what they re doing to our black brothers all over USA. They are still slavy in their own country shitt.
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 20, 2015
I don tire dey apply for that program sef.. imagine 40 people selected out of 7,000 applications. Makes u wonder if it's worth the effort at all.
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2015
Congratulations to them.

Shii is more selective than getting into The Ivy League. Trust me, I know.
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by addey44: 5:53pm On May 20, 2015
geedeex2:
Fellowship with Mandela? Kini ibasepo oku ati alaye ?
Is that what you understand by Mandela Fellowship? Certainly someone like you can never qualify for such Fellowship.

3 Likes

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by presido1: 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
Programme to brainwash future African leaders. Chai

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 20, 2015
presido1:
Programme to brainwash future African leaders. Chai
You're too negative

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by geedeex2(m): 6:08pm On May 20, 2015
Pele ,na from the fellowship you dey comment so?una don start praise worship? Over seriousness disqualified you I guess .
addey44:
Is that what you understand by Mandela Fellowship? Certainly someone like you can never qualify for such Fellowship.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by geedeex2(m): 6:09pm On May 20, 2015
Amen ..I wish you same my friend
Jesuspikin77:
receive sense in Jesus name!
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 20, 2015
geedeex2:
Pele ,na from the fellowship you dey comment so?una don start praise worship? Over seriousness disqualified you I guess .

cheesy cheesy
Una don start praise worship!? grin
Weyrey!

1 Like

Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by pxdaniel(m): 6:15pm On May 20, 2015
putin3:
America future spies forget nothing good comes from that place.their empire and superpower is more important to them than human life.usa has nothing to offer a black man.those who is worshipping them should look at what they re doing to our black brothers all over USA. They are still slavy in their own country shitt.

I wanted to reply ur post and then I saw ur name. How is russia?
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Agimor(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
Brb
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by PaulSteve: 6:35pm On May 20, 2015
YALI?
Re: 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship by Super1Star: 7:11pm On May 20, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Youths To Buy Form For Buhari / Abducted Ex-minister’s Son Regains Freedom / National Assembly Workers Issue Strike Notice Over Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.