Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) (1186 Views)

Photos: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA / Photos: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA / PHOTOS:: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by pijango(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2015
Josephine Ugwu, the honest airport cleaner who found and returned $27,000 (N5.4 m) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in January this year, was presented a plaque and a cash gift of N30,000 by the Nigerian Orientation Agency NOA in Abuja on Monday May 18th. The DG of NOA, Mike Omeri presented the award to her and appreciated her for her honesty. Josephine while showing appreciation for the award and cash gift, appealed for a better job.

"I was given N30,000. I was told that is the amount they give in reward for any patriotic act" Josephine said.

http://www.pijangonews.com/2015/05/lagos-cleaner-who-found-27kn54m-awarded.html

Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by AmucheJane(f): 8:58pm On May 20, 2015
30k only? This people stingy joor.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by stepo707: 9:03pm On May 20, 2015
More is coming for this woman.A good name is better than riches

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by fastguy10: 9:22pm On May 20, 2015
Madam if them dnt give u anytin ur respect,honest n ur integrity will always follow n speak 4 u,acpt d money no matter how small remember u r nt doing it becos of money,if nt u will nt return it

Even pastors,governors n other Nigs will nt do it
Infant ur reward is in heaven nt here
Am always telling piple dat money is nt everytin ds makes me 2 believe dat some piple r still saying d truth in Nig

WE LOVE YOU madam
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by jaytee01(m): 11:46pm On May 20, 2015
stepo707:
Actually very true...GMB is president today solely based on his record for honesty and discipline.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Eshinwaju: 1:21am On May 21, 2015
stepo707:

Yes...but I doubt if she is relli eboe.... cheesy
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Beremx(f): 2:03am On May 21, 2015
She was also given cash gifts and a recommendation letter by Lagos State Lawmakers.

When I watched the presentation on TVC, some comments where she was insulted for not stealing the money was gotten from Nairaland. Those comments were shown from Nairaland live on TVC.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Vikkie14: 2:45am On May 21, 2015
AmucheJane:
30k only? This people stingy joor.
Ma'am, did you read the message well?
She said and I QUOTE:

I was given N30,000. I was told that is the amount they give in reward for any patriotic act" Josephine said.

END OF QUOTE.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Vikkie14: 2:51am On May 21, 2015
stepo707:
More is coming for this woman. A good name is better than riches
and Returning back than Running away with it.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Vikkie14: 2:52am On May 21, 2015
fastguy10:
Madam ur respect,honest n ur integrity will always follow n speak 4 u,
And there's no better Wish in Life than these.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Vikkie14: 3:01am On May 21, 2015
fastguy10:

Even pastors,governors n other Nigs will nt do it
please don't generalize them because of SOME who are dubious.

Again, stop generalizing. As far as am concern, I will do more than this woman cox i have my Integrity, Name, and Policy to preserve and i believe Some Nigerians will do the same.
FOR

We are not Terrorist
We are Nigerians!!!
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Vikkie14: 3:10am On May 21, 2015
fastguy10:

Infant ur reward is in heaven nt here
please don't say that in Osun State. They will tell you that their Salaries and Rewards have been transferred to Earth. grin

BTW, the woman had been given 30k, plague, good media proclamation and have earned reputation already, SO THE REWARD HAVE STARTED. She doesn't need to get to Heaven before she get her reward again.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Nobody: 3:14am On May 21, 2015
Keep it up madam. But if na me I fit no declare am, Na God answer my prayer I swear.
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by Nobody: 3:39am On May 21, 2015
Clowns!

So this is how to reward a good deed by one of the few left credible Nigerians?

#30k with a worthless plaque is the height of insensitivity.

Making her a role model ambassador with a salary for life or offer her a better job or even a vocational scholarship for her would have been a much more worthy way of rewarding her.

Her examplery conduct will enable other Nigerians to embrace the act of being honest because it is the right thing to do.

Honesty definitely isn't a virtue that gets adequately rewarded anymore in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by olasmith10(m): 6:50am On May 21, 2015
In as much I believe they could've done better, a good name is better than silver and Gold...
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by tiwaz(m): 6:50am On May 21, 2015
Hmmm N5.4M - N30K
Re: Lagos Cleaner Who Found $27k(N5.4m) Awarded N30k & A Plaque By NOA (see Photos) by menshealth1234: 6:58am On May 21, 2015
END PREMATURE EJACULATIONN NOW!!!
Are you unable to last more than a few minutes in bed?
Have you ever felt embarrassed after having sexxx?
Has a woman ever made fun of you because of your poor "performance" in
bed?
Has a woman ever dumped you because you didn't satisfy her in bed?
Do you lack sexual confidence when you are around women?
IF YES, Then Logon To W WW. E N D P E . T K

(1) (Reply)

APC Lawmakers 'to Sign Undertaking' On Choice Of Senate President And Speaker. / After 16 Years Of Democracy Buhari Replaces DSS With Soldiers In Aso Rock / Obama And PMB's Handshake Vs Obama And GEJ's Handshake(Photoss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.