Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

6 Awesome Apps That Would Boost Your Career Today - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Awesome Apps That Would Boost Your Career Today (1852 Views)

5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career / Invest In Your Career Today And Smile Tomorrow / Enjoy Up-to 25%ndiscount Offer, Boost Your Career Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Awesome Apps That Would Boost Your Career Today by stanodi: 9:18pm On May 20, 2015
With the burgeoning number of apps on the various apps stores, as almost any developer with the right SDK tools and platforms could easily develop an app. It is important to have the right apps, and this comes with having the right information. There has never been a time as now when information is more crucial than ever; after all we are in the information age. According to statista.com there are about four million apps in the world today, with Google play store and Apple store housing eighty percentage of them. Some of these apps have revolutionised the way we work and live.

Below are six of those awesome apps that would enhance your career.

Evernote (Free)

This is perhaps my most important app, I have been using this app since 2013. It has a wonderful interface and is very user friendly. Whatever you upload on your Evernote, be it pictures, notes etc. could be assessed from any other device or computer with an internet connection. You only need to go the website and provide your login details and everything you have uploaded is starring right back at you. I could recall when my phone was stolen on a business trip, I wasn’t worried about all the notes, presentations I have on it because I could still assess them on another device.

Moon+ (Free)

Few weeks ago when I first thought of writing on the 6 awesome apps that would boost your career, I would have sworn that the Mantano reader premium was the best reader there is in the app stores, even though it comes with a price tag. I had been using it for over a year and it has been awesome though it restricted me to only pdf and epub ebooks. Then I decided to see if truly it was really the best out there, so I went online. Lots of ereaders were thrown around; I installed quite a number of them and after using them, Moon+ stands tall over others.

Here is why; it supports a myriad of book formats- .chm, .epub, .fb2, .html, .mobi, .oeb, .pdf, and .txt.

It has a TTS (Text-to-speech) for those times you don’t really feel like reading, but need to read. So it just reads aloud for you; though the female voice may not be the best you have ever heard. But its worth it, especially for your career. You can also sort your books in any other you choose.

Boomerang (Free)

In the words of Chris Cichon, Baydin’s Marketing Mad Scientist; “Boomerang is an extension for Gmail that lets you send emails later, set email reminders, snooze messages, and track emails that you’ve sent”.

This is a great Gmail alternative for a number of reasons. You can schedule when you send messages. Boomerang helps you send emails when you want them to be sent. It also helps you track your messages by sending remainders to your inbox if a message you wanted replied is yet to be as at when you want it. I installed it only recently, and its been an eye-opener. The ability to schedule messages to send later is a major attraction for me. for folks like me who are very active at night and write mostly then; times when you can’t send some kind of mails. I schedule when I want these emails to be sent.

Coursera (Free)

Coursera is an educational platform that seek to enhance your career much like Udemy, it offers courses in a myriad of subjects like finance, management, programming, entrepreneurship, photograph, careers. etc. With this app, one can view these courses on their devices. It basically incorporates videos, course listings, and the courses you’re enrolled in. The great thing about this app; it provides an opportunity for you to learn the courses you have subscribed for in your own pace and time. It also allows you to download the course videos so you can watch them later. And much like Evernote, it syncs with its online counterpart very well. Certificates are also issued after the completion of the classes though subject to getting the required mark in the tests and examinations. All the courses are free with only a few requiring you to pay a token to get a verified certificate.

Flipboard (Free)

Originally an iPad app, but now available for andriod users. It is also on platforms like Kindle and Nook. According to PCMag Flipboard is the best Android news-reading app, it acts like a news and social media hub integrating news from media outlets from around the world and presents it in a magazine format.

The catch for me is the experience of having your favourite news channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, Flickr, Tumblr, Youtube or anything else you want to read or watch for that matter on one platform and they can all be flipped like an .epub file.

Duolingo (Free)

Ever wanted to learn a new language to boost your career but don’t know how to go about it? Duolingo is just what you need. It is one of the most popular and well-known tools for learning languages online and to think it’s free. Whew! It supports 9 languages.

Am currently learning French on this great app, copier cette!. The languages are divided into modules, on the completion of one module, you are moved to the next in a sequential order. When new words are introduced, they are done with images representing the words, for example if the French word “garcon” which means “boy” in English is introduced, you will see an image of a boy.
You would also be doing some audio exercises where you need to type what you hear, and say what you hear. That way you start getting the right pronunciations like you are a real class where French is taught.
The greatest catch for me is the identification of your weakness at the completion of every module, you asked to strengthen these. You can redo all of your lessons. It also reminds you to go to class, that’s the only way to keep the owl happy.

In conclusion, these are just few of the many apps that could boost your career, if you have other suggestions, please comment so that others can benefit from your wealth of experience.

Source; www.lightednation.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Awesome Apps That Would Boost Your Career Today by ademega(m): 9:42pm On May 20, 2015
God bless

(1) (Reply)

Consulting Capable So Far / Halliburton Aptitude Test / How Much Does Bank Phb Pay Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.