Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices (876 Views)

Ministerial Nominees And Previous Public Offices Held / Nomination Of Candidates That Can Fit In To Public Offices / Top 6 Public Offices In Nigeria Represented Equally Across Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by charlesucheh(m): 7:08am On May 21, 2015
Gender feminists will always say ; what a man can do, a woman can do better. Better they say The biological theory to gender study made us understand that the biological make up of the male to that of the female differs with great disparity, this has tend to clarify why women cannot in all cirmstances do everything the men do, though, there could be exceptional cases but, the majority of all is what that is. Now let's look at the three factors:
1)OUTCOMPULSIVE DESIRES: they know that they've always been sidelined and looked down upon, so when they are in key positions, they always want the men to know that THE DEMIgod is sitting on the thrown. For this, a man would prefer his male enemy to be on that sit rathan than a woman.
2)THEY'RE TOO EXPRESSIVE: A woman can slap a man in public for annoying her, but the men are too instrumental to perform such act. They (the men) think before acting rather than act before thinking unlike their female counterparts.
3)A HIGHLY PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY: If the common law legal families don't disregard their cultures and traditions why should our political system?. Afterall, Nigeria is part of that family and a patriachical type of society where the males are always known to be dominant in the public sphere. Although, the beijing women conference strived so that such customs should be repugnant, but i tell you today, even of it doesn't exist in our books, it exists in the heart of our men and they will always have that notion.
I am a social analyst who have always been with the view that the relationship between a man and a woman should be COMPLlMENTARY and not a gender biased being. The aforementioned are all based on my Objective observation, thank you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by Nobody: 7:09am On May 21, 2015
wow dats great
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by CountDracula(m): 7:09am On May 21, 2015
Say no to Feminism
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by lordizak(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2015
despite the fact that I am a supporter of feminism, I hate the fact that women want to make us their equals.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by babyfaceafrica: 8:03am On May 21, 2015
Emotion over logic does not take an individual far at the helms of power..ou ladies are very sensitive and emotional duing decision making.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by AtheistD(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2015
lordizak:
despite the fact that I am a supporter of feminism,
I hate the fact that women want to make us their equals.

How does that work?

Doesn't feminism lead to equality?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by Nobody: 9:20am On May 21, 2015
just like anyone else, some men also don't last in public offices, power is something that one must be qualified to yield whether it is a male or female. the wisest and longest lasting people in power male or female are people who always conduct themselves rationally irrespective of plights.
Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo Iwella 's been kicking since Obasanjo regime? both locally & internationally, Mrs. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has been the president of liberia since 2006.
need I to mention? people like Hillary Clinton, Farida Waziri, Cristina Fontes Lima(cape verde) Catherine Samba-Panza (central african republic) etc....
abeg if u hve issues with women, go sort it....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by Doortun(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2015
The women who had opportunity to make feminism sound like a worthy and commendable movement screwed Nigerians and other women real bad. This butresses the OP's point thanks to Okonjo Iweala, Diezani, Stella Oduah and Farida Waziri.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by lordizak(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2015
AtheistD:

How does that work?

Doesn't feminism lead to equality?

let me run a breakdown for you.
I am of the school of though that - women have same human right as we do, girls go to school to earn the right to aspire as we do, not to sit and depend on the life of one man (sociologist call social conditioning) ..I am a firm believer that when my daughter wants to marry, it's part of my burden to bear, that marriage is a partnership of two people and not a medium of benefits for one party.
conclusion is : socially and religiously women have been subjected to play 2nd fiddle to men, but they can equally handle things efficiently.
I think it is cynical to begrudge women's achievements, if you want them as a good wife, can't they also be good people?
There's a line between a marriage and socialization, I presumed that this kind of topic is relative to marriage.
Socially women have equal right to exist and aspire for things as we do, but under marriage there is a line, because most times women are expected to marry a husband that surpass them in all squares.
U no see my on standpoint on this subject?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices by charlesucheh(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
MrPresident:
just like anyone else, some men also don't last in public offices, power is something that one must be qualified to yield whether it is a male or female. the wisest and longest lasting people in power male or female are people who always conduct themselves rationally irrespective of plights.
Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo Iwella 's been kicking since Obasanjo regime? both locally & internationally, Mrs. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has been the president of liberia since 2006.
need I to mention? people like Hillary Clinton, Farida Waziri, Cristina Fontes Lima(cape verde) Catherine Samba-Panza (central african republic) etc....
abeg if u hve issues with women, go sort it....

I only gave out reasons why they don't last. Understanding the subject will help shape your criticism.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Already Achieved In 3 Weeks What Jonathan Couldn’t Do In 6 Years –APC / Buhari And Phcn Where Is The Light? / Saraki Is A Common Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.