Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,367 members, 7,850,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark (48110 Views)

Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent / ''I Have No Hand In Your Expulsion'' - Atiku Replies Akiolu / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by queebeediva(f): 1:30pm On May 21, 2015
And in all, where is the annual budget set aside for education going? Abeg corruption has eaten this country deeply.
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by SeverusSnape(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2015
colossus2:

Sometimes I wonder what you do with your life aside from being on the 1st page of most threads.
To clear your doubt on the so called quota system, you are no match for an educated northerner any day any time.
I'm a student presently on my internship, Are you still wondering?

About the quota system of Northern education; enough said. cool

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by oluwafemim(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I'm not surprised the person asking for reduction of cut-off mark is from that part of the country. Most of them are products of Quota system, Including Buhari.

It's a pity. embarassed embarassed
I dont think is fair to express yourself in this mentality,think about it.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 21, 2015
EggovinMma:
grin

Olodo na Olodo.
Whether the cut off mark is dropped or not.
Well, I go with Atiku's theory. The Education system in nigeria is a complete joke!
You go with failure rates is...?
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by redcliff: 1:38pm On May 21, 2015
xamuel17:
well, i feel 180/150 average pass mark is okay for jambites .

the score doesnt even count for private schools sef ...
my friend got admission into madonna last year with only blood test , no form of paper exam was taken.

How can 150 be okay for a total score of 400? Are you guys okay? If you study hard you must pass. Its a given!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by Amedak(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2015
dunkem21:

Read the first tweet grin
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by Amedak(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2015
dunkem21:

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by simdam500(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2015
No better response is ok than that he gave smiley
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by scylla27(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2015
dunkem21:

that's what is called typing error. In my class from a university in that part of the country. There a 20 pupils from that other part of the country. The geniuses. But we still graduated top of our class ahead of them. If notherner olodo he olodo die, but if hin intelligent, fear am.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by hidee20(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2015
kenny987:
If Atiku is talking about improvement of standards rather than reduction of marks which I completely agree with, then 2 things are involved: 1) He should walk d talk by ensuring, with his influence and capacity as a 'statesman', that the blueprint for said improvement is made n carried out and
2)The improvement should be seen to be done by increasing cut off marks for admission into unity schools for all States so that they are equal. Not where the Anambra child has to score 132 and the Zamfara or Yobe child needs a score less than 10!
Aferall it is one Nigeria and we should be one in all things!

God bless u for this wonderful unbias analysis @kenny

but i wonder why oyel money is not evenly distributed among states,afterall its "ONE NIGERIA".
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by baralatie(m): 1:58pm On May 21, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
I begin to wonder if Jamb and ICAN have the same questions bcoz their questions no be here, na only GOD fit help person answer those questions.
on the contrary the questions are easy!
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by vislabraye(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I'm not surprised the person asking for reduction of cut-off mark is from that part of the country. Most of them are products of Quota system, Including Buhari.

Nice observation.....
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by franklingud(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2015
And u atiku, what did u do to solve the problem when u was VP? can u do anything abt it with d new coming govt?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by franklingud(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2015
And u atiku, what did u do to solve the problem when u was VP? can u do anything abt it with d new coming govt
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by bobfash(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2015
na like say make e change the content of the bible!

grin if na joke make u stop am

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by kazmanbanjoko(m): 2:08pm On May 21, 2015
baralatie:

on the contrary the questions are easy!
the questions are easy but why are students failing, even the brilliant ones in sec.school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by agurza(f): 2:17pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Same Buhari that benefited from Quota system is going to be your president whether you like it or not. The same Buhari without certificate is adjudged world over to better than a holder of PhD, if you like go huge a transformer but there is nothing you can do about it

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by WaffenSS(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You know, im from THAT part of the country but i couldnt suppress a laugh.

However to be honest, exams failures are pandemic. And if the north is illiterate and apathetic to schools, as you always insist, one can then safely conclude that the vast majority of failures are from the OTHER part of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by baralatie(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
the questions are easy but why are students failing, even the brilliant ones in sec.school
o yes! let us make a run down.
1.marking scheme
2.student success percentile chart
3.ratio of average student score in states of exam to ratio of possible student score individually when taking exams
4.the likely hood of exam malpractice
5.the likely hood of exam center errors.

if you look at the above factors you will see a BIG reason why there is an assumed failure of students at secondary level.whilst the student is prepared to face the marking scheme of any exam the effect of no. 3,4 and 5 puts them in serious risks.
cutting out no.4 alone can bring a drastic jump in grades at the exams.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by SeverusSnape(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2015
agurza:
Same Buhari that benefited from Quota system is going to be your president whether you like it or not. The same Buhari without certificate is adjudged world over to better than a holder of PhD, if you like go huge a transformer but there is nothing you can do about it
**waves hand**
You're beautiful. Are you shuwa Arab or Fulani?
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by hedonistic: 2:25pm On May 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I like Atiku although he's perceived to be highly corrupt. He sounds like a man with bright ideas.

I agree. I like the man, and as improbable as it might sound, I think he would make a far better president than Buhari. The corruption tag on him is funny as he is not necessarily more corrupt than anyone else in the APC.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by SeverusSnape(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2015
WaffenSS:

You know, im from THAT part of the country but i couldnt suppress a laugh.

However to be honest, exams failures are pandemic. And if the north is illiterate and apathetic to schools, as you always insist, one can then safely conclude that the vast majority of failures are from the OTHER part of the country.
Whatever, I'm more interested on your moniker now, Are you a Nazi?...Are you a member of the defunct Schutzstaffel?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by Tsanyawa: 2:35pm On May 21, 2015
Let Buhari give Atiku education minister and see how he can improve standard of education in Nigeria. it seems he has some idea as an educationist.
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by lexy2014: 2:35pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Yes, It's Atiku and so what?...most of them are products of Quota system and you know it.
It doesn't matter if the person countering him is one of them.
it matters a lot bros. If atiku hadn't countered d guy, u wuld have said that they are all d same. Am sure u aware that there are also students from d south who think like d guy who wants Jamb cut off reduced. Even some parents from d south who weren't beneficiaries of quota system encourage(pay heavily) cheating and manipulation of results 2 favour their kids. Its not about tribe or region. We no longer believe in excellence and hardwork

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by GenIgrigi: 2:36pm On May 21, 2015
dridowu:
Ceteri Paribus , that part of the country will rule Nigeria for the next four years, so you better learn to accept ut
@topic, very good response from Atiku. Any students who is not ready to read shouldn't sit for exams

**grins** See who is talking, vet monkey with useless education. Are you supposed to be 'ruled' or lead. Idowu You are beginning to think the chickens you vaccinate.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by jobsat34(m): 2:37pm On May 21, 2015
texazzpete:

And how do you explain your quick conclusions when the person standing up for the current JAMB cut offs (atiku abubakar) is also from 'that part of the country'?

You're drawing a conclusion based on one data point. Are you sure you're a graduate?

i guess not... sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by kenny987(f): 2:37pm On May 21, 2015
hidee20:

God bless u for this wonderful unbias analysis @kenny

but i wonder why oyel money is not evenly distributed among states,afterall its "ONE NIGERIA".

'Oyel Money' according to you cannot be evenly distributed among states because some communities/states bear the environmental brunt and degradation associated with the exploitation of that resource. Secondly, every society is or should be planned with figures and population spread. Nigeria, despite her bogus population figures also does that and that is why some states receive more money than others. Apart from the 13% derivation that goes to the ND States, states like Kano and Kaduna for instance, have higher allocations than Imo or Bayelsa because according to the NPC figures, Kano and KD have higher populations than Imo and Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by Damikevin(m): 2:41pm On May 21, 2015
That is the dumbest request of the century. Nobody wants to try and beat the standards through hardwork. So because Buhari is from the north nd most northerners find it hard to pass jamb means it should be reduced. If you can't beat the cut off write again. I have written three jambs and they are all above 200. So because u didnt beat that mark it should be reduced. The north is just to lazy as a region as far as I know. Don't let everything be based on religion nd region pls. If you drop jamb only God knows what else you will ask to drop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by SeverusSnape(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2015
lexy2014:
it matters a lot bros. If atiku hadn't countered d guy, u wuld have said that they are all d same. Am sure u aware that there are also students from d south who think like d guy who wants Jamb cut off reduced. Even some parents from d south who weren't beneficiaries of quota system encourage(pay heavily) cheating and manipulation of results 2 favour their kids. Its not about tribe or region. We no longer believe in excellence and hardwork
You have a point sir, But what I said is the truth, I've been in the system, So I know.
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by SeverusSnape(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** See who is talking, vet monkey with useless education. Are you supposed to be 'ruled' or lead. Idowu You are beginning to think the chickens you vaccinate.
grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by dridowu: 2:45pm On May 21, 2015
GenIgrigi:

Proudly a Vet Doctor. I am proud of my profession, if you are not proud of yours, how is that my problem ?
Re: Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark by mattonnairaland: 2:48pm On May 21, 2015
Epic indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election / Sanusi Lamido 2023 Campaign Vehicle By Northern Youth Group / Emeka Nelson Invents Machine That Transforms Nylon To Petrol, Obiano Gives N250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.