Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Decarbornise An Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Decarbornise An Engine (1211 Views)

How Long Should An Engine Last? / When An Engine "Knocks" - These Are Some Likely Causes / Ways An Engine Shorts Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decarbornise An Engine by Nobody: 11:00am On May 21, 2015
I recently came across a video on youtube about the subject. I really want to know the best practice just for the purpose of learning. I found out that most of the videos i came across, they use Sea Foam treatment.
My question is whether this process is effective and has anyone performed it here in Nigeria.

I just want to learn from the GURUs in the house.
Re: Decarbornise An Engine by Nobody: 11:13am On May 21, 2015
ibrodex:
I recently came across a video on youtube about the subject. I really want to know the best practice just for the purpose of learning. I found out that most of the videos i came across, they use Sea Foam treatment.
My question is whether this process is effective and has anyone performed it here in Nigeria.

I just want to learn from the GURUs in the out.

do we have competent mechanics in Nigeria?

how many of them do research online not to talk of watching youtube video about their job for improvement on their knowledge grin grin grin.
Re: Decarbornise An Engine by 3ace(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2015
This thread is not about bashing quack mechanics. OP needs contribution from DIY gurus on the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: Decarbornise An Engine by 9icetoo(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2015
I have not come across anyone who has done it but I have seen a few engines stripped down and the top of the pistons scraped to remove the carbon build up. On older engines, the buildup was quite thick. On newer engines (2003 corolla), I only saw a light brown coating not up to 0.5mm thick. Instead of going the sea foam route, why not try a bit of Italian tune up. I read it works as well .
last Saturday, I removed the egr and intake manifold of my diesel and trust me, no amount of seafoam would have removed the gunk in there. Had to physically scrape off and wash everything in petrol before reassembly.
Re: Decarbornise An Engine by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 22, 2015
Decarbonise an engine?

Who says our mechanics can't do?

At least generator mechs do that when "servicing" , it'll be more complex with cars but the same principle I suppose
Re: Decarbornise An Engine by chyket(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
I have an auto workshop that has the decarbonisation equipment in Lagos and i have done it twice in my vehicle and it makes a lot of difference.Its an equipment that uses a cannister of gas for each vehicle and when its finished,the major difference that you will notice immediately is that you wont need to press your throttle so hard for the vehicle to jump into motion.

1 Like

Re: Decarbornise An Engine by praxisnetworks: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
gazzuz

(1) (Reply)

Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly / Dutch Driving Instructors Can Offer Lessons In Return For SEX / Where Can I Get 2015 Lexus NX Parts In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.