Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria (984 Views)

Buhari Receives Corrected 2016 Budget From NASS / Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday / BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by proudlyhandsome: 12:32pm On May 21, 2015
WRONG ASSERTIONS THAT NEED TO BE CORRECTED:

It is self-deceiving telling yourselves as Igbos that you are a match to Yorubas in terms of business, education and regional economy.

I won't dispute the fact that Igbos are perceived as business oriented people but it's just a wrong assertion going by real fact on ground. The question is what brought about this assertion? Igbos travelled to other regions of the country to establish their business while Yorubas mainly travelled abroad for studies and businesses. This ability of Igbos to travel to other regions within Nigeria state was what bring about their presence in the North and the West. Hausa/Fulanis are not equally left out when it comes to bussiness; these guys owned all the Sabo Markets in the South, West and East. What Igbos and few others failed to understand is that millions of bonafide citizens of these regions are into different businesses before Igbo even imagine to come to their regions. 

Pls, Let's take Lagos and Ibadan as case study here, Igbos often believed that their numbers in Lagos markets is smting to write home about simply cos of their numbers in Alaba, Ladipo and Idumota forgetting that Yorubas are the ones holding down all the numerous markets all over Lagos states. After all, Alaba,,Idumota and Ladipo is not even up to 40% of all the markets in Lagos states.

Permit me to deviate from Lagos Markets to Europe/American Markets just a little bit so as to give you a true picture of what is going on, i am still wondering why Igbo keep deceiving themselves by calling themselves business oriented people when they couldn't even extend their business prowess/skills to Europe/North America countries. 80% of Nigerians' businesses(From Chartered Accountants firms, Law firms, Restaurants to Grocery stores) in these following countries - Canada, US, UK and of course Ireland are owned by Yorubas.

Let's go to Ibadan-Oluyole, Ibadan has about 3 largest markets - Gbagi, Bodija, Oja Oba/Orita Merin Markets in the whole country(Google it) just like the 4 biggest markets in the East - Ariaria market, Aba, Onitsha, Ogbete. However, these three markets in Ibadan are purely dominated by Yorubas just like the 4 markets in the East. Having 96% domination in those three biggest markets in Ibadan and the rest of markets in Lagos(except those three aforementioned markets: Alaba, Ladipo and Idumota-share by Igbo and Yorubas) with those ones in the rest of Yoruba states, then how dare you compare our BUSINESS ACUMEN to Igbos. It's an insult to us as bigger Nation.

Let's talk about Industrialists in the country today, Yorubas and Hausas/Fulanis have completely dominated that sector of our economy; no doubt about it. These two people are sitting on top while Igbo are struggling to climb the ladder. However, I am not expecting you to accept this as fact but I want you to look around you and see who and who control industries in Nigeria(not this false assertion among Igbos just to make themselves happy).

Education- Education is a must in every Yoruba homes and Igbos have seen what Yorubas have been able to achieve with this over the years which informed their attitude of shunning out statistics out in recent time so as to disapprove d fact that Yorubas are more educated than Igbos. Have you asked yourself why Universities in the East have never been rated as one of the top best universities in the whole continent? There lies your answer bro. Quality education could only be obtained in the West Universities which informed the reason why they have remained the only unversities being rated among the best in Africa and few others from North and Mid West - Uniben and of course ABU. The quest of Yorubas for quality education is the reason why Yorubas are 20% of graduating students in Europe and America universities. If doubt me, attend any graduation convocation in all these countries I have mentioned and ask any of the students for their program brochures which has the names of graduating students for that academic year. Trust me, you ll be blown away by the numbers of Yoruba names on the list which rarely have 1 to 2 Igbo names.

Igbos travel, I laughed whenever I read/heard this wrong assertion being made by Igbos among themselves. I guess the ones making this assertion are ones that have never left the shore of Nigeria cos if you do, you ll definitely know how Yorubas have dominated North America and Europe over the years. US, Canada, Ireland and UK are completely dominated by Yorubas. Yorubas population in these aforementioned countries are running to millions. If you doubt me, go on the streets and Airports of these Europe and North America countries to see things for yourself. Igbos business guys only travel to China, Malaysia while Yorubas go to Dubai and China (few). However, there are numbers of Igbos in America but not up to 40% of Yorubas there.

Oil and Gas industry is a place you need to look into so as to know that it ll be a long journey for Igbos to catch up with Yorubas. Igbos could push all their Oafs, Drongo and Lummox(s) through their educational system in the East so as to match up with Yorubas in numbers but they can't bribe Shell, Chevron and of course Total to employ more Igbos to match up with Yorubas numbers in this industry.

Banking Industry is equally a pointer to who is dominating who.

The killer is Federal Ministries- it's like second home of Yorubas.

Peace out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by funkybully(f): 12:34pm On May 21, 2015
The fool above me is hereby ignored and attention seeking rendered useless.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 21, 2015
Ewu Onicha is not a market, leave Oshogbo for once omo ale jati jati.
Utobo

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by OduaVanguard: 12:37pm On May 21, 2015
You people should allow them celebrate their "Aba-made" PhDs Jo. Nothing authentic comes from the SE -- all na "Ofege" (fake). Na today? Abeg free Emeka and his people as they celebrate their "China" certs. At all at all na im bad cheesy
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by midolian(m): 12:39pm On May 21, 2015
funkybully:
The fool above me is hereby ignored and attention seeking rendered useless.

if a fool is 'above' you, what does that make you?undecided
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by OduaVanguard: 12:53pm On May 21, 2015
midolian:

LOL. But igboman stubborn sha. I give it that to them. Even after they have been exposed as frauds they will still be arguing blindly.

Ever tried buying a Tommy HilfiNger knockoff from an iboboy? He will argue with you till kingdom come that the shirt is "Made in Turkey" and not Aba -- even after you have pointed out that the Hilfiger label reads HilfiNger (there should be no 'N' in the name). He will still continue to argue. I just love them peeps. cheesy
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 21, 2015
OduaVanguard:

LOL. But igboman stubborn sha. I give it that to them. Even after they have been exposed as frauds they will still be arguing blindly.

Ever tried buying a Tommy HilfiNger knockoff from an iboboy? He will argue with you till kingdom come that the shirt is "Made in Turkey" and not Aba -- even after you have pointed out that the Hilfiger label reads HilfiNger (there should be no 'N' in the name). He will still continue to argue. I just love them peeps. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by OduaVanguard: 1:01pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=BuddahMonk post=33956452][/quote]

Na wah for you BuddahMonk. You can't even take a joke? tongue
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by midolian(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2015
OduaVanguard:

lool..no mind dem. See as dem deceive this man. The person was convinced to buy the "italian made" sandal

1 Like

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by OduaVanguard: 1:37pm On May 21, 2015
midolian:
lool..no mind dem. See as dem deceive this man. The person was convinced to buy the "italian made" sandal

Yes o. Believe them at your own peril -- you don enter "one-chance" be dat. Even the votes they gave Jonathan were fake -- ask Orji Uzor Kalu -- that doesn't mean they voted for Buhari o.
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by midolian(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Yes o. Believe them at your own peril -- you don enter "one-chance" be dat. Even the votes they gave Jonathan were fake -- ask Orji Uzor Kalu -- that doesn't mean they voted for Buhari o.
haahhaahahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahaaha
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by proudlyhandsome: 5:46pm On May 21, 2015
midolian:

You killed him.

If a fool is above him, what does that make him? What a question bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 21, 2015
The OP is actually not far from the truth.
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by Freelancer00(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2015
Looooool. They'll run from this thread like its a plaque buy when they see Yoruba are ..., Na them u go first see comment
Re: Wrong Assertions That Need To Be Corrected In Nigeria by TheEqualizer: 6:45pm On May 21, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Chude Jideonwo: Why Today - And President Buhari - Made Me Cry / Senate President David Mark Receives Korea Envoy In Abuja(pic) / A Nigerian 'attacked' By Biafrans On Facebook (transcripts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.