Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,915 members, 7,821,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job (1440 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / An Important Lesson All Job Seekers Should Learn / Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 2:41pm On May 21, 2015
Good day guys. I have been in the street searching for job for too long, but am not see any result yet. I have submitted both hard copies and soft copies to numerous companies, yet nothing have comes out of it and am seriously losing my morals cos of that.
So am asking, is there any other way that one needs to search or job. What method do I need to apply in other to succeed in landing a job no matter how small the job is. Plz I need advice.
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by Pinkieblue(f): 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Good day guys. I have been in the street searching for job for too long, but am not see any result yet. I have submitted both hard copies and soft copies to numerous companies, yet nothing have comes out of it and am seriously losing my morals cos of that.
So am asking, is there any other way that one needs to search or job. What method do I need to apply in other to succeed in landing a job no matter how small the job is. Plz I need advice.

You. Need the God factor
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 10:09pm On May 21, 2015
Pinkieblue:

You. Need the God factor
God knows that I have prayed in the best way that I can...
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by iresearcher(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2015
OK let's start.

1. You need to check your grammar.

2. Don't use the same CV for every job. You have to craft different CVs for different jobs. I saw a particular CV style on NL some time ago. I can tell you, it worked plenty magic. The one that has your skills first, jobs experience and your educational qualifications. Will explain more on this later

3. Try and write a cover letter. Your cover letter also has a style. Try and tell a story, make it personal and weave it to show you know the job. It should not in anyway contain what you have in your CV, no way. We recently advertised some jobs, 98% of cover letters were the same, copy and paste. Nothing special. It was a sad experience.

4. You don't apply for every job. Look for the job you have some experience in or related academic work.

5. To be continued.........
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 10:38am On May 22, 2015
Thanks a lot. I have numerous cover letter that I composed to suit the job that am applying for. but that of the CV, can you help me with that format that you said it worked magic so that I can tailor my own in such a way. I have so many PDF that explain more on CV writing and I jave re-edited my CV on several occasions... still Ntn to shw for it.
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
AltarBoy1:
God knows that I have prayed in the best way that I can...
i have to mention you here for a reason. Other job seekers are following that thread to gatecrash because i have been getting pm's. The company is Neilsen. No 42 isaac john Ikeja GRA Landmark building opposite the place restuarant beside FCMB. I hope the description is clear enough. You go there ask the reception you want to see Mr Festus. Its a research company
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2015
JudismphD:
i have to mention you here for a reason. Other job seekers are following that thread to gatecrash because i have been getting pm's. The company is Neilsen. No 42 isaac john Ikeja GRA Landmark building opposite the place restuarant beside FCMB. I hope the description is clear enough. You go there ask the reception you want to see Mr Festus. Its a research company
I really appreciate your effort. Just that my hands are tied. I have only been to Lagos once, so I dont know much about the place. Secondly, I dont really have the finance that will take me to Lag and spend a night there as I dont have family members leaving there, just a friend. Thats my major issh... If I had the finance, I wont be in my current location now.
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2015
AltarBoy1:
I really appreciate your effort. Just that my hands are tied. I have only been to Lagos once, so I dont know much about the place. Secondly, I dont really have the finance that will take me to Lag and spend a night there as I dont have family members leaving there, just a friend. Thats my major issh... If I had the finance, I wont be in my current location now.
which state are u from/ where do u reside and how old are u? A brief history of self could open the risk factor of helping a total stranger
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2015
AltarBoy1:
which state are u from/ where do u reside and how old are u? A brief history of self could open the risk factor of helping a total stranger'
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2015
JudismphD:
which state are u from/ where do u reside and how old are u? A brief history of self could open the risk factor of helping a total stranger'
Am frm enugu, reside in enugu n 26 by Aug.
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Am frm enugu, reside in enugu n 26 by Aug.
Alright, just want to know sure. I'm an enterprenuer in printing and telecom logistics with interest in real estate and entertainment sector. The said company is one of my client but as things stands now it all depend on you. Coming from enugu to lagos for a job interview that is not guarantee is what i can not assure you. Its a win-lose situation BUT if i know your expectant salary, that could made me present a sure job for you. In order words, assuming you get a job in lagos for a start how much are u looking at as salary?
Re: Workers And Job Seekers, What Is The Best Way Yo Seek For Job by AltarBoy1: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
My friend in lag stays at Ajah. So if the place of work isn't al that far frm there, I wouldn't mind the pay cdI know that transportation cost is high in lag. I guess you know where am heading to.. So even if na 30-50k i no mind to start as I just want my work experience t be counting, I have already lost too much time being idle.

So abeg, anyway wey you go fit improvise for me, I go appreciate.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Microfinace Bank Is Recruiting Urgently / Vacancy In A Fish Farm (aquaculture Company) / Urgent Employment Opportunities In Food Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.