Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) (1131 Views)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / The Pains Of Yesterday / The Pains Of Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by FoxyFlow(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2015
BAD NEWS (The Pains of Joseph Success)

Do not get thrown off by the title of my story. There is no better way to put it than in this way. I am in pains right now and I am not finding it funny. You know this internal pain you feel without the guts to tell anybody about it. That's what's happening right here.

I am pained.

I seat and stare blankly into space with thoughts racing through my head. I feel cut-off from the rest of the world. A gentle tap on my shoulder and I turn. Right there standing behind me was Mercy.

"What's wrong?"

She asks in her tiny voice. Her eyes carried all the care in the world. Just what I needed right now. I had begun smiling when my thoughts came crashing back. My lips twist as pain surges through my body. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Not wanting to cry before her I quickly turned. My handkerchief was right there. It had become moist with tears but it still served its purpose. I quickly dabbed the tears away.

I feel her hand on my shoulder again. This time there was a reassuring squeeze from her. I tried to relax, wanted to hide the sobs that was gently rocking my body.

"Joseph... Talk to me."

Her voice, that voice. I smiled through my pain and turned to face her. I could see shock registering on her face. Her hand shot up with a finger tracing the tears line that was progressively drawing on my face.

"You are crying.?"

It was more of a question than a statement. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, sighed and shook my head. If it was sorrowful, I cannot say. I just knew my lips were already dancing. I raise my hand and gently clutched the wind, my veins visibly displaying in a criss-cross of green and purple. I drop to my knees.

"I am dying..."

My voice trailed off.

"You are acting another drama."

She said and turned to walk away. I held her hand, she stopped. I pulled her gently, she did not move.

"Last night, under the rain."

I paused. Her finger was on my lips. I could faintly taste my tears on it.

"You said you love me."

That wasn't what I meant to say.

"That broke my heart."

She continued.

"You don't get it. Saying I love you mean I truly love you. Wanted to get the burden off my chest. I am truly dying."

I cut her. Her eyes blazed, she lifted her hand and dropped one on my face. The slap echoed in my heart, the pain stung my face but I felt hurt that my hard face might have hurt her.

"I have cancer..."

Another slap landed on my face. Then another and another. Mercy broke down and fell on her knees too. She was crying hard, tugging on my shirt.

"I love you too. Please tell me you are acting and it is a joke."

I wish I could but no, it was real. I was dying. At a young age too. Dying from the scourge called CANCER.

The end!
Joey...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by Kingademos(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
FoxyFlow:
BAD NEWS (The Pains of Joseph Success)

Do not get thrown off by the title of my story. There is no better way to put it than in this way. I am in pains right now and I am not finding it funny. You know this internal pain you feel without the guts to tell anybody about it. That's what's happening right here.

I am pained.

I seat and stare blankly into space with thoughts racing through my head. I feel cut-off from the rest of the world. A gentle tap on my shoulder and I turn. Right there standing behind me was Mercy.

"What's wrong?"

She asks in her tiny voice. Her eyes carried all the care in the world. Just what I needed right now. I had begun smiling when my thoughts came crashing back. My lips twist as pain surges through my body. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Not wanting to cry before her I quickly turned. My handkerchief was right there. It had become moist with tears but it still served its purpose. I quickly dabbed the tears away.

I feel her hand on my shoulder again. This time there was a reassuring squeeze from her. I tried to relax, wanted to hide the sobs that was gently rocking my body.

"Joseph... Talk to me."

Her voice, that voice. I smiled through my pain and turned to face her. I could see shock registering on her face. Her hand shot up with a finger tracing the tears line that was progressively drawing on my face.

"You are crying.?"

It was more of a question than a statement. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, sighed and shook my head. If it was sorrowful, I cannot say. I just knew my lips were already dancing. I raise my hand and gently clutched the wind, my veins visibly displaying in a criss-cross of green and purple. I drop to my knees.

"I am dying..."

My voice trailed off.

"You are acting another drama."

She said and turned to walk away. I held her hand, she stopped. I pulled her gently, she did not move.

"Last night, under the rain."

I paused. Her finger was on my lips. I could faintly taste my tears on it.

"You said you love me."

That wasn't what I meant to say.

"That broke my heart."

She continued.

"You don't get it. Saying I love you mean I truly love you. Wanted to get the burden off my chest. I am truly dying."

I cut her. Her eyes blazed, she lifted her hand and dropped one on my face. The slap echoed in my heart, the pain stung my face but I felt hurt that my hard face might have hurt her.

"I have cancer..."

Another slap landed on my face. Then another and another. Mercy broke down and fell on her knees too. She was crying hard, tugging on my shirt.

"I love you too. Please tell me you are acting and it is a joke."

I wish I could but no, it was real. I was dying. At a young age too. Dying from the scourge called CANCER.

The end!
Joey...

Attai u ve done it again dis touched me 2 my bone marrow . Can I post one written by me here? pls
Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by Idiataqueen(f): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
Too sad
Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by Idiataqueen(f): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
Wait o attai who named u joey?
Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by glo3nity: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sweet!,
Like moon light tale
Sympathetic!
Like funeral procession.

Nice write work bro...!
Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by FoxyFlow(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Idiataqueen:
Wait o attai who named u joey?
You never still call oo... na my name...
Re: Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) by Idiataqueen(f): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
FoxyFlow:

You never still call oo... na my name...
eya am very very very sorry, am so so busy i hardly come online dis days.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: The House Business (18+) / The Girl Has A Plan / Awaiting Val

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.