Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch (818 Views)

See What Happened After I Installed Purify On My Phone.. / Android Tab: That Funny Prank (photos) / Tecno L5 Custom ROM.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Paulscholari(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2015
I need help on this.. I have been trying to install a custom rom on my generic Android Tab instead of it showing just android picture when powered on i want it to show something like Samsung Galaxy stuff/animation, i dont know how to go about it, thou i have been surfing the Internet/Google for solution but i dont want to do something am not really sure of, I will appreciate if you guys can help me out here.. My tab is 7 inch generic ,running Android 4.2.2...
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Paulscholari(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2015
Mind you i can flash the ROM on it myself after checking Google, am only confuse of which type and specified Custom ROM to use, thou i prefer Samsung Galaxy...
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Paulscholari(m): 12:24am On May 22, 2015
emrain:

goto settings >apps>play store then clear data. problem solved.
frehage:

Yes. To flash a custom ROM safely, the following steps need to be carried out:

1. Root the phone.
2. Flash CWM Recovery or any other one of your choice.
3. Backup your stock ROM, apps and data to your SD card using CWM Recovery(after booting into recovery mode).
4. Backup your downloaded apps and their data with Titanium Backup.
5. Now you are ready to flash or install your custom ROM.
MaxGraviton:

The important thing now is to get that backup.
• You can insert the SD card on another phone and copy it to the phone, and then copy to another SD card from the phone.
• or you can put it in another phone and then plug the phone to a computer and save the backup there.
• you can also put it in a USB card reader and get the file out.

If any of the above does not work, you can look for a phone exactly like yours, and make the backup there,

°° Buh put the SD card in another phone, if it is working on it.
Guys i need your assistance ......................
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Nobody: 12:49am On May 22, 2015
Paulscholari:

how please?
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Nobody: 12:51am On May 22, 2015
check xda for a similar device. and do the needful.
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by MaxGraviton: 8:52am On May 22, 2015
Paulscholari:

Yes sir. Fire On.
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Paulscholari(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2015
MaxGraviton:

Yes sir. Fire On.
i want to install custom rom on my generic tab... Instead of it showing android picture while booting , it should show something like galaxy animation, how can i go about it.
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by MaxGraviton: 12:18am On May 27, 2015
By
Paulscholari:
i want to install custom rom on my generic tab... Instead of it showing android picture while booting , it should show something like galaxy animation, how can i go about it.

Have not seen or heard of anyone who has done this. . . personally I think its cool and awesome. But on a second thought, we're talking bouh a stock ROM.
I think you should back up your phone. In case anything goes wrong.
Goto http://needrom.com and search for the Samsung ROM you want.
Re: What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch by Paulscholari(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2015
MaxGraviton:
By

Have not seen or heard of anyone who has done this. . . personally I think its cool and awesome. But on a second thought, we're talking bouh a stock ROM.
I think you should back up your phone. In case anything goes wrong.
Goto http://needrom.com and search for the Samsung ROM you want.
Thanks I will try it out

(1) (Reply)

Latest Android Thats Affordable / Best Launchers Known To Be Too Good / Neatly Used Samsung Galaxy Mega For #20000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.