Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike (644 Views)

Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices / Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by McEwen(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2015
BENIN—Following the planned three-day warning strike by workers in the Edo State Civil Service over alleged deduction of eight percent from their May 2015 salaries as pension contributions with effect from Monday next week, Governor Adams Oshiomhole has appealed to them to stay action on the proposed strike.

He also promised to meet with them in the shortest possible time.

Oshiomhole, in a letter through the Commissioner for Establishment and Special Duties, Didi Adodo, to the Chairman, State Public Service Negotiating Council, said his inaction on the union’s letter was as a result of his busy schedule.

It will be recalled that the Edo State Government, through the Head of Service, Mr. Jerry Obazele, had denied the claim by the state branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, that it had appointed Pension Funds Administrators, explaining that it was yet to appoint PFAs for the state workforce.

It also maintained that the law setting up the Pension Contributory Scheme allows the individual worker the right to choose his or her Pension Fund Administrator.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/oshiomhole-begs-edo-workers-to-shelve-planned-strike-2/

Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by evanscheck(m): 11:45pm On May 21, 2015
He has oda pressing issues now like attending to the needs of his new wife... he is buying time for himself and heap the problem on the new govt
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by McEwen(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2015
evanscheck:
He has oda pressing issues now like attending to the needs of his new wife... he is buying time for himself and heap the problem on the new govt
shocked grin
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by BiafranMan: 11:57pm On May 21, 2015
Such a thing can not happen in Biafra,

I ask oshiomole

Does lara not have enough to eat?

Do your daughters not live in abroad lavishly?

What happened to the revenue allocated to the state?

Black people, your hearts are evil thats Why God abandoned africa.

I ask the workers, why should one man hold you all to ransom, how many are you workers and how many are the security of the thief, mobilize yourself, goto the Government house, drag him out, and make him sign a cheque paying you all that he owes you. But no you people cannot do it cos your brains are not functioning properly, you're either a monkey or a baboon in the damnable zooligical republic.
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by Articul8(m): 12:47am On May 22, 2015
Seriously,I wiSh I had this man's number to call and ask him what is wrong. These people seem insensitive to the plight of their people.Instead,they gather at Abuja meeting each other for what we don't know. No remorse what so ever from them. Shebi na wedding dey ur own mind.
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by Vikkie14: 12:47am On May 22, 2015
It runs in "THEIR" blood.
Their Master is the one in Osun state.
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by Articul8(m): 12:48am On May 22, 2015
Seriously,I wiSh I had this man's number to call and ask him what is wrong. These people seem insensitive to the plight of their people.Instead,they gather at Abuja meeting each other for what we don't know. No remorse what so ever from them. Shebi na wedding dey ur own mind when yoUr workers Haven't eaten.
Re: Oshiomhole Begs Edo Workers To Shelve Planned Strike by grandstar(m): 5:06am On May 22, 2015
BiafranMan:
Such a thing can not happen in Biafra,

I ask oshiomole

Does lara not have enough to eat?

Do your daughters not live in abroad lavishly?

What happened to the revenue allocated to the state?

Black people, your hearts are evil thats Why God abandoned africa.

I ask the workers, why should one man hold you all to ransom, how many are you workers and how many are the security of the thief, mobilize yourself, goto the Government house, drag him out, and make him sign a cheque paying you all that he owes you. But no you people cannot do it cos your brains are not functioning properly, you're either a monkey or a baboon in the damnable zooligical republic.

two thirds of the states are broke due to the collapse in oil prices. Thats why states are desperate for cash. Its not that they are heartless

(1) (Reply)

Bleep The Government.. Life Is Hard I'm So Angry!! / “I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means” – Buhari / EKITI STATE : A Fountain Under Siege [part 2]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.