Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,848 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria (50539 Views)

The Top Ten Oldest Universities In Nigeria And Their Brief Histories. / Nigeria’s Top 31 Oldest Secondary School And Brief History / Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by luggy(m): 6:36am On May 23, 2015
princdebola201:
(1) CMS Grammar School, Lagos: 1859
(2) Methodist Boys High School, Lagos : 1878
(3) Methodist Girls High School, Lagos : 1879
(4) Baptist Academy, Lagos : 1885
(5) Hope Waddell Training Institute, Calabar, is
established as Nigeria's first east of the Niger
secondary school in 1895
(6)The old Wesley college Elekuro now Wesley
college of science, Ibadan was founded in 1905
Reference: http://www.freewebs.com/weccosa01/
home2.htm (whoever put together this website
needs to take it offline pronto )
(7) Abeokuta Grammar School, Ogun : 1908
( Kings College , Lagos : 1909
(9)Alhuda College, Zaria : 1910
Reference: http://alhudahudacollegezaria.com/
(10) Ijebu-Ode Grammar School, Ogun : 1913
(10) Eko Boys High School, Lagos : 1913

https://www.nairaland.com/779367/ten-oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria#9316332

https://www.nairaland.com/779367/ten-oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria#9316443
for ur own side naa. since u be history teller, why not said one one from south east, Nnaaa go sit down
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by yormite: 7:02am On May 23, 2015
Abeokuta grammar school greatest agsoba My alma mata
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by music4me(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2015
Up JOGS....Non Nobis Domine.....
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01am On May 23, 2015
AGSOBA for life
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by prophetfire: 3:50pm On May 23, 2015
HiGod:

Hypocrisy is a sickness that need global attention than HIV/AIDS and Cancer. I ll advise you to hit the nearest medical centre closed to your hut and get cured of this sickness that has eaten deep into your paralysed medullar oblongata.

I honestly hate to see your flat head which accompanied your ugly Igbotic face to earth. It's sad that destinies have designed our path in the journey of life to meet in a shared country like Nigeria where Animals from the other side of River Niger are mixed with human beings.

My point is that how many times have u given the same sermon to your God forsaken and leprosy - treated alike brothers and sisters who have no other job than to queue up on daily basis here on Nairaland like a biblical cursed cunts to abuse the same Yorubas who gave them a platform to air their warped up opinions.
Mr. Man you need serious deliverance. For a human being to Harbor such bitterness and hatred is terrible. Are you sure you are not a jihadist?
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by prophetfire: 3:54pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=prophetfire post=34026767] Mr. Man you need serious deliverance. For a human being to Harbor such bitterness and hatred is terrible. Are you sure you are not a jihadist? It is destructive. I pray you don't destroy yourself with such mindset. May God deliver you.
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by HiGod: 4:33pm On May 23, 2015
prophetfire:
Mr. Man you need serious deliverance. For a human being to Harbor such bitterness and hatred is terrible. Are you sure you are not a jihadist?

Chill, I was only playing with those words. I like reading people's reaction to things.
If you read some of my past post, I had said that I like reading other people comments.

I don't hate anybody. Life is too beautiful to hate my fellow human being.

There is nothing different about him and my humble self. If my father was Igbo man, I would be standing at the other side of divide today but since i am a Yoruba man, I ll always be with my own people. However, we are all the same.
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by prophetfire: 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
HiGod:

Chill, I was only playing with those words. I like reading people's reaction to things.
If you read some of my past post, I had said that I like reading other people comments.

I don't hate anybody. Life is too beautiful to hate my fellow human being.

There is nothing different about him and my humble self. If my father was Igbo man, I would be standing at the other side of divide today but since i am a Yoruba man, I ll always be with my own people. However, we are all the same.
okayoo. God bless you.
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by dadebayo1(m): 6:37am On Jun 14, 2015
WESLEY COLLEGE OF SCIENCE ELEKURO.... Started my Career in the school. But I Rep Lagos State Civil Service Model College Igbogbo
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by abialic(m): 10:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Plutonium:
Nonsense list:
Methodist Boys High School, Oron, 1904
www.facebook.com/mbhsoron
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by abialic(m): 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Methodist Boys' High school Oron, www.mbhsoron.com/
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by jsojohnson(m): 12:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Methodist Boys High School Oron founded in 1878 is missing in the list. And this make irrelevant the claim of this author that gives the position of first secondary school in eastern Nigeria to Hope Waddell Training Institute, Calabar; which was founded sixteen years after Methodist Boys High School Oron
Re: Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria by jsojohnson(m): 12:29am On Jun 11, 2017
Fellow Nairalander, please let's intensify our research before we comes up with any article, hence information on this webpage will be tagged inconsistent. However, I must mention that the author correct a wrong information that I have been habouring for more than thirty years; before now I use to believe Ibadan Grammar School (1913) is the first and oldest secondary school in Ibadan, instead of Wesley College elekuro Ibadan (1905). Keep it up, let's keep each other inform positively

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Shortlisted Names For 2015 Recruitment CBT EXAM. / Pastor Ibiyeomie Donates A Public School In Rivers (Pictures) / Check Out This Hilarious Notice On Masturbation By University Of Massachusetts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.