Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? (5847 Views)

UBA Entry-level Customer Service Officers Recruitment 2017 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 22, 2015
Hello Officers in the house, is it true that the DSC officers in our military spend just 10 years in service and they will there after be retired?

A friend is trying to apply for that of the Nigeria Navy and he is getting discouraged by the info, pls clarify this my people.

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 11:38am On May 22, 2015
So, militrary officers and people at Defence Ministry and Defence HQ no dey use nairaland Okay................. Abi no one has the true information about this?

comments pls.....................
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2015
Tesiday:
So, militrary officers and people at Defence Ministry and Defence HQ no dey use nairaland Okay................. Abi no one has the true information about this?

I don't believe that. . One of my friend uncle enter Nigeria Airforce with short service. . He has spent more than 10years nw. . They just Promote him to squadron Leader last month.

It's not easy to get uniform work in 9ja if you don't ve Longleg

1 Like

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by deebreeze(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2015
Tesiday:

From what I heard army DSSC can only reach brigadier general, navy commodore and airforce air commodore. Former NYSC DG was a brig gen. I also heard if you are lucky u will be appointed as major general. Exact thing apply to navy and airforce respectively, after all not RC guys attain the rank of brig gen. *peace out*

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by deor03(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2015
Tesiday:
Hello Officers in the house, is it true that the DSC officers in our military spend just 10 years in service and they will there after be retired?
A friend is trying to apply for that of the Nigeria Navy and he is getting discouraged by the info, pls clarify this my people.

DSC mean Direct SHORT service

CONDITIONS OF SERVICE

4. Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.

5. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.

6. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except for fully registered Medical Doctors, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual Service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.

4 Likes

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2015
Ignorant Comments @All...@Op the simple answer to your question is..DSC initially last for 10year BUT it is renewable.I.e after your initial 10years, you can renew it and extend your start, I think its called a conversion of service or so! But the buttom line is you can spend upto the normal service years in the military as a DSC•• The only Disadvantage of the DSC guys is that, their promotion is slow compared to the combatant, a DSC can wear a rank for 5years whereas a normal NDA combatant will just wear dat same rank for 3years!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 22, 2015
Hmmmnn..... thanks all your comments are very informative. But, which one is RC again?
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 22, 2015
Tesiday:
Hmmmnn..... thanks all your comments are very informative. But, which one is RC again?
RC is regular combatant dey r d NDA guys
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by deebreeze(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2015
Osahon7:
Ignorant Comments @All...@Op the simple answer to your question is..DSC initially last for 10year BUT it is renewable.I.e after your initial 10years, you can renew it and extend your start, I think its called a conversion of service or so! But the buttom line is you can spend upto the normal service years in the military as a DSC•• The only Disadvantage of the DSC guys is that, their promotion is slow compared to the combatant, a DSC can wear a rank for 5years whereas a normal NDA combatant will just wear dat same rank for 3years!

Is a very nice of you calling people's comments ignorant. DSC like seriously are you that military expert, there is no such a thing called DSC Is DSSC Mr. GCFR and the conversion you are talking about is not done when your year of service expires. You really need to go and do ur home work *PEACE*
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by HAH: 8:56am On May 23, 2015
Op, unless if your friend has no other options please don't allow him to go to for DSSC, within the military short service are looked down upon even by soldiers, Regular officer see them as service staff( boyboy) and is only very few like 1 in 100 short service officers attain the rank of Brigadier mostly in the education corp and medical corp.

As I said that should be a. last option and make sure he has a God father, because I have never seen any profession in Nigeria that has God fatherism like the military.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 23, 2015
Is 10yrs not enough for you? Do you want to remain there forever?
This is the reason why I like US military
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by thexzy(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2015
Well said n done
Re: Is This True About NA,NAF And NN Direct Short Service Officers? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 25, 2015
Hmmmmm Nawa oooo...................they are looked down upon.

(1) (Reply)

Management Trainees Wanted At Reckitt Benckiser / NERC Recruitment / Urgent Call Center Job-ending By Noon Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.