Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,433 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? (40829 Views)

How Nigerian Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions / Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty / Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 22, 2015
9jatatafo:

More grease to your elbow.

Oga goan vote subbied please
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by 9jatatafo(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2015
olaxco2f:

Oga goan vote subbied please
Rushed to get my PVC and I cast my vote sharperly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by kennethkaycee(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2015
edey2real:
There is a filling station in Ibadan that mix its fuel with water. It's at Iyana Adeoyo.

Whenever the truck came to supply fuel at night, you will see them pouring water in the truck from the top before they will offload the fuel. My neighbour bought the fuel and discovered that half of it is water.

Ah ah shocked
No filling station has that time to add water to fuel, a full tanker is 33,000 litres, how many litres of water can they possibly add

Let me explain to you what you don't know and it's all CHEMISTRY grin
The buried tank of fuel underground has a lot going on with it, when the ground is hot during the day, heat is formed within the tank in form of fumes, and at night when cooling occur, the fume cools forming deposits of water within the tank (remember water is H2O and from the chemical structure of all petroleum products, it's a combination of Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen) Chemistry class cool, with a much simple explanation, I'll liken it with you putting water in your freezer, you see tthat when it solidifies (Block), and you remove it from the freezer, you see it "sweat" so to say.
That's exactly what happens, it wasn't that extra water was poured on it nor did the one in the sachet come out.
So, let your fears be alleviated bro grin grin grin

Read more of my posts jor grin

Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by 1Cor10vs26(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2015
olaxco2f:
i nor even know bruv

the oinshure na for middle of night

grin grin grin

i think say na water e go be cause as i pour am away the tin fly go niooooooooooo

embarassed
it's water, ur fuel filter just saved you some money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by edey2real: 10:04pm On May 22, 2015
kennethkaycee:

Ah ah shocked
No filling station has that time to add water to fuel, a full tanker is 33,000 litres, how many litres of water can they possibly add

Let me explain to you what you don't know and it's all CHEMISTRY grin
The buried tank of fuel underground has a lot going on with it, when the ground is hot during the day, heat is formed within the tank in form of fumes, and at night when cooling occur, the fume cools forming deposits of water within the tank (remember water is H2O and from the chemical structure of all petroleum products, it's a combination of Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen) Chemistry class cool, with a much simple explanation, I'll liken it with you putting water in your freezer, you see tthat when it solidifies (Block), and you remove it from the freezer, you see it "sweat" so to say.
That's exactly what happens, it wasn't that extra water was poured on it nor did the one in the sachet come out.
So, let your fears be alleviated bro grin grin grin

Read more of my posts jor grin

I understand what you're saying but I can do you a favour by providing the name of the filling station so that you can verify from people around there.
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by SirShofu(m): 10:38pm On May 22, 2015
dunkem21:
..That thing looks like palm kernel oil ..afterall, Oyeeel na Oyeel ..grin

That is why I took the pains to advise Nairalanders to buy fuel and keep for themselves ..to avoid stories that touch ..

..Mechanics go chop money wella this season ..

..That's why customers queue to buy my fuel @ N137/litre as @ today .. ..Hurry ..

..Tomorrow might be another price grin

Yours is cheap oh
I bought for 250 per litre this evening
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:44pm On May 22, 2015
olaxco2f:
I bought a liter of fuel at the rate of #150, getting home late I decided to pour it and put on my generator see what I found below!

* I us3d to remove the filter before oooo but thank God say I no try am yesterday *

dude.... Ur hand black o.....
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by luggy(m): 6:44am On May 23, 2015
you would have taking the pix from outside. you took the pix from inside, is not clear, I can't see it
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by Allikola(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2015
Pics of the filling station plssss
Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by kennethkaycee(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2015
edey2real:

I understand what you're saying but I can do you a favour by providing the name of the filling station so that you can verify from people around there.

When fuel is to be unloaded, the measurements are taken by the guys who climb unto the trucks. I know Ibadan as much as you do cos I was born and bred there, meaning I'm a citizen by birth and I know the Ibadan people well enough, things they do not understand, they can make out a mountain out of it.
Bro I'm sure it's not what it truly is, unless you see for yourself, you can't just take people's words for it.
Thank God you know the chemistry that I explained, you sef reason am, how much water can they possibly add to 33,000 litres of fuel?
Those guys must have told you that they saw a Storex or GeePee tank nearby for you to believe this.
Egbon, you sef reason am.

Re: Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? by delishpot: 8:37am On May 23, 2015
I nor see anything there sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Documentary On Bodija Market, Ibadan, Oyo State. / Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan / Ayiri Emami Flaunts His 1965 Bentley In Warri As Youths Gather. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.