Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? (2353 Views)

See What Malaria Has Done To Us (infograph) / The Role Of Young People In HIV Prevention / Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by 19naia(m): 6:24pm On May 22, 2015
I am interested in knowing about antimalarial drugs in Nigeria.. Not the ones for treatment, but the ones that can be taken weekly or monthly to prevent malaria from settling into the body. I learned about Doxycycline when travelling in other tropical countries with little malaria problems and less voracious strains of it...

What is available in Nigeria and what are the most recommended ones for people there?

1 Like

Re: What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by eatwell423: 10:14pm On May 22, 2015
19naia:
I am interested in knowing about antimalarial drugs in Nigeria.. Not the ones for treatment, but the ones that can be taken weekly or monthly to prevent malaria from settling into the body. I learned about Doxycycline when travelling in other tropical countries with little malaria problems and less voracious strains of it...

What is available in Nigeria and what are the most recommended ones for people there?
have you heard of palodrin? It's a UK produced drug for anti malaria specially for Africa
Re: What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by 19naia(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2015
eatwell423:
have you heard of palodrin? It's a UK produced drug for anti malaria specially for Africa

Is it easily avaialable in Nigeria without concerns of counterfeit/fake drugs?
Re: What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by eatwell423: 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
19naia:

Is it easily avaialable in Nigeria without concerns of counterfeit/fake drugs?
It is available in Nigeria and once you get your drugs from good Pharmacy you really don't have issues with counterfeit/ fake. Lonart is also good. You can buy scratch it and send the short code to confirm authenticity.

1 Like

Re: What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by 19naia(m): 11:23pm On May 22, 2015
eatwell423:
It is available in Nigeria and once you get your drugs from good Pharmacy you really don't have issues with counterfeit/ fake. Lonart is also good. You can buy scratch it and send the short code to confirm authenticity.

Thanks, i looked it up and saw Paludrine selling out of UK...
Re: What Malaria Prevention Drugs Are Available In Nigeria? by eatwell423: 11:25pm On May 22, 2015
19naia:

Thanks, i looked it up and saw Paludrine selling out of UK...
Its better and more effective.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naturally Cure Tooth Decay (cavities)! / There Is Something I Noticed While Playing With My Dick! / Mum Thought One Year Old Baby Was Teething But He Actually Had Coronavirus (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.