Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,122 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

A Commendation To The Nigeria High Commission In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Commendation To The Nigeria High Commission In London (735 Views)

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Commendation To The Nigeria High Commission In London by Ilelobola: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
My husband took our daughter to attend her passport application appointment on the Tuesday following the heavy snow in London and he got there late; 2pm when they close at 1pm. The 1st person he saw had told him to go away as they were closed and he was pleading (typical Naija) thankfully, there was a manager around who asked the other guy to sort him out as he had a child with him and that it was winter and it wouldn’t be fair to make him (my husband) bring her bank with the cold weather and all. So they had the photo done etc and were told to come back for it today.

My sister went to pick up the passport but they wouldn’t give it to her (she was seen within 15 minutes) as she did not have a letter of authority from us the parents to collect it or bring any of our forms of ID. She called me and as I was 2 stops away, I went down there quickly and was given the passport in less than 5 minutes. If I had known it was a few minutes job, I won’t have made my sister travel an hour to get it as I could have done it myself in between work. The man accepted my work ID and council tax bill which I had on me as forms of ID. There was nothing to say we should bring ID to collect it but that apparently applies in the case of children.

Anyway, I was quite impressed and I felt the need to sing their praise here especially as they get a lot of flack (and probably have had some in the past from me too!) There’s still a lot to be done to improve the service and image of the place but thanks for the good work on these 2 occasions guys.

(1) (Reply)

Opportunities You Must Miss / Travelling To Russia / Which Airline Plies Lagos-warri During Weekends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.