Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,710 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Help In Setting Up A Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help In Setting Up A Farm (908 Views)

Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help In Setting Up A Farm by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2015
Good day fellow nairalanders.
I'm a recent graduate, waiting for my NYSC callup.
I would like to set up a farm but the issue now is that I don't have any knowledge on most agricultural practices, aside those i learnt in school.
Basically, I wanna go into poultry; chickens and turkeys and piggery and a fish pond.
I have a budget of 800,000 though I dnt know if it'll be sufficient.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Please post all recommendations here
Thanks
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:52am On May 23, 2015
@ Op:

*smiles* I like your vision but you will have to actualise it one after the other. I would advise you start the piggery first because the gestation period for piggery business is 2 years minimum. (it means before profit start rolling in for piggery business, it will take you atleast 2 years of running it.) I hope you understand me?

For poultry, it takes maximum of 6 months and you will start having sales.

Same with fishery too.

The decision is yours.

Sincerely.
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by jethro2: 3:54pm On May 23, 2015
Please spare some time and some change to understudy a practising farmer in the field you want to venture into.
Get to ask questions.
Don't work with internet calculations
Take time to study the basis
Visit 2 or more practising farmers.
Do research on marketing
Source several markets outlet.
Do a thorough research
Get the intricate knowledge
Best of luck
quote author=PerfectlyPerfect post=34018112]Good day fellow nairalanders.
I would like to set up a farm but the issue now is that I don't have any knowledge on most agricultural practices, aside those i learnt in school.
Basically, I wanna go into poultry; chickens and turkeys and piggery and a fish pond.
Thanks[/quote]
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by Johnnyessence(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2015
jethro2:
Please spare some time and some change to understudy a practising farmer in the field you want to venture into.
Get to ask questions.
Do research on marketing
Do a thorough research
Best of luck
quote author=PerfectlyPerfect post=34018112]Good day fellow nairalanders.
Thanks
first and foremost get a land at least get an acre of land Cos' u might be interested in other seedlings also visit some farms as required by some gurus in farming snap pictures made a lot of enquiries on them don't jump into conclusion that u are satisfied with it ask questions here online like in poultry and fishery segment check agricnetwork.com or check hidden truth in catfish business been opened by bro robonski I love ur plans also think about security of d land and d workers u will used in d farming process happy farming d Lord is ur strength.
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2015
TheUnbeatable:
@ Op:

*smiles* I like your vision but you will have to actualise it one after the other. I would advise you start the piggery first because the gestation period for piggery business is 2 years minimum. (it means before profit start rolling in for piggery business, it will take you atleast 2 years of running it.) I hope you understand me?

For poultry, it takes maximum of 6 months and you will start having sales.

Same with fishery too.

The decision is yours.

Sincerely.

thanks for your suggestions. i think i will start with the poultry first because i'll be going for NYSC in november so i wont have plenty of time to look after the piggery whereas i would've gone far by then with the poultry
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2015
jethro2:
Get to ask questions.
Do research on marketing
Do a thorough research
Best of luck

thanks, i'll do that, just gotta find a ploy to make them release information because i know most farmers will find it hard to release information to a potential competitor
Re: Help In Setting Up A Farm by Ura: 7:47pm On May 25, 2015
I can help you if you wish. you can contact me via email urafola@yahoo.com or call 08172346102. It is a very profitable type of business. Wish you success.

(1) (Reply)

Dry Jujube Fruits By Microwave Food Drying Machine / BIRDSITTER Chicken Farm Equipment / We Need Large Quantities Of Moringa Seed And Palm Kernel Nut To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.