Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. (13498 Views)

Adebimpe Quadri, The Youngest FIFA Referee At 24 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany U20 WC R16; What Is Your Expectation/prediction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by Coldfaya(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2015
Iheanacho show them peper
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by EbuGeneral(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2015
megacity:

why?
did you watch their under17 african championship? if you did, you would curse the injury that happened to success at UAE
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by hkidola00(m): 1:35pm On May 24, 2015
Laff won kill me die
rashygenius:
d youngest player in dt team wuld b ard 25-27years
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by STEVENcrack(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2015
SCAM COUNTRY
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by emiye(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2015
EbuGeneral:
did you watch their under17 african championship? if you did, you would curse the injury that happened to success at UAE
and 3 years after the injury what have we seen of him? Samson siasia under 23 coach had to borrow awoniyi in a make or break away match in Zambia to qualify for all Africa games. match ended 0-0 in Nigeria, it took awoniyis brace to secure a 2-1 away victory for qualification.
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by tbaba1234: 1:47pm On May 24, 2015
rashygenius:
d youngest player in dt team wuld b ard 25-27years

Talk with knowledge,

These boys are mostly from under 17 and have passed numerous MRI tests to ascertain their age. Those tests are 99% accurate.

There is no doubt that the vast majority of the boys ar below 20.

4 Likes

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by mrkings84(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
We always have a younger youth team who get older and retire before their counterparts in nearby future.

God bless our under 20 men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by Bonapart(m): 2:00pm On May 24, 2015
It has long gone past the time where Nigeria use old players
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by tbaba1234: 2:03pm On May 24, 2015
mrkings84:
We always have a younger youth team who get older and retire before their counterparts in nearby future.

We should not condemn for the sake of condemning.

This present team is the youngest, Nigeria has presented. We are finally getting it right.

3 Likes

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by rashygenius: 2:05pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:

Talk with knowledge,

These boys are mostly from under 17 and have passed numerous MRI tests to ascertain their age. Those tests are 99% accurate.

There is no doubt that the vast majority of the boys ar below 20.
Baba na u suppose talk wit knwlegde;
.....we sabi d average age of ss3 stds,dey re within d range of 15-17years and we all knw deir physiological build up of Nigerian teenagers.
...luking closely at does guys,fine..dey re young comparatively to oda age group guys we av been presenting.but check deir luk,d physique,d capt,Isaac sucess,awoniyi,chidibere nwakali,dele alampasu and few odas..even a blind man no fit call dem u-20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by lexyman(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2015
mrkings84:

That was the case of overage players , these set of guys are different ...if u ve been following them since under 17 days u will understand what I am talking about ,some even started from under 13 . Graduated to under 15 , before they joined the under 17 World Cup team .... It's very simple , all these guys have their profile on the internet , after thy won d World Cup , their height and body size , go and check they ve developed so well and they ve grown taller than what they used to be . .is it possible for a grown adult , increase in height after a certain age (18 yrs) ? The answer is no. So bro , they went through the MRI scan at the under 17 and it's very accurate that we are fielding the youngest set of boys ... They are going there as unbeaten team and will come out unbeaten again . They are world beaters in the making

3 Likes

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by JayJustus(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2015
some people claiming it's a lie...it's NOT cos these days we have what is called magnetic resonance imaging which can determine your age...and the last time I played for Pepsi academy in 2010 we went through the same scans for selections to represent...so don't be saying shyte when you don't know...

1 Like

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by lexyman(m): 2:15pm On May 24, 2015
rashygenius:

.....we sabi d average age of ss3 stds,dey re within d range of 15-17years and we all knw deir physiological build up of Nigerian teenagers.
...luking closely at does guys,fine..dey re young comparatively to oda age group guys we av been presenting.but check deir luk,d physique,d capt,Isaac sucess,awoniyi,chidibere nwakali,dele alampasu and few odas..even a blind man no fit call dem u-20

Bro , u ve not been following these guys .and u know little about them . Awoniyi has increased in height after the under 17 World Cup , that will tell u slot about his age . It's very simple .these guys now under go rigorous training and also place on some special diet in their numerous club , that alone is enough to make change in physique .

I ve an 8yr old niece , she looks 13. Sometimes when we go out people argue that she's older than that age . In fact she wears clothe for 13 yr old child . God , punish poverty , na poverty dey make pikin get stunted growth .
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by pek(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2015
believe this, believe anything.
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by tbaba1234: 2:22pm On May 24, 2015
rashygenius:

Awoniyi for instance finished secondary school in 2012, that puts in within the age range.

Nwakali certainly looks the appropriate age. See picture below:

Besisdes, i also went to secondary school in Nigeria and i know some of my age mates were much bigger than i was. Look at the growth of Success and even Iheanacho in two years... Old men do not grow that quickly unless they are getting fat.

2 Likes

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by EbuGeneral(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2015
emiye:
and 3 years after the injury what have we seen of him? Samson siasia under 23 coach had to borrow awoniyi in a make or break away match in Zambia to qualify for all Africa games. match ended 0-0 in Nigeria, it took awoniyis brace to secure a 2-1 away victory for qualification.
his career have been hit with injury crisis, talent is talent. even IHEANACHO was affected by injury but got back to his best to score against CHELSEA and MAN U(Under21). so if success is back fully, i bet you he is better than AWONIYI. Why did MANU add him in his final 23 man list. check the tournament(AYC) this guys played without IHEANACHO and SUCCESS, They scored less goals. SUCCESS IS A GOAL POACHER
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by mrkings84(m): 2:33pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:

We should not condemn for the sake of condemning.

This present team is the youngest, Nigeria has presented. We are finally getting it right.
just pray so my brother, happy for them o.....
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by mrkings84(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:

Awoniyi for instance finished secondary school in 2012, that puts in within the age range.

Nwakali certainly looks the appropriate age. See picture below:

Besisdes, i also went to secondary school in Nigeria and i know some of my age mates were much bigger than i was. Look at the growth of Success and even Iheanacho in two years... Old men do not grow that quickly unless they are getting fat.

MY brother I can bet my last kobo on these boys, most especially from this pix, that the boys are truly young. It seems we are beginning to get it right.

1 Like

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by zanga420: 2:41pm On May 24, 2015
safarigirl:
These ignorant fools shouting 'football age' here, you can tell dem no dey read news
dont mind some pathetic people. They prefer rumour to facts. They say if u dont change ur mentality, u cant get change. As the person to bring prove that these guys are above these ages, they cant. I believe this 2015 U20 team die

1 Like

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by munex007(m): 2:41pm On May 24, 2015
If you have been following this dude since u17 you will believe its true..
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by zanga420: 2:49pm On May 24, 2015
EbuGeneral:
dat guy's machine
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by zanga420: 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
lexyman:

Bro , u ve not been following these guys .and u know little about them . Awoniyi has increased in height after the under 17 World Cup , that will tell u slot about his age . It's very simple .these guys now under go rigorous training and also place on some special diet in their numerous club , that alone is enough to make change in physique .

I ve an 8yr old niece , she looks 13. Sometimes when we go out people argue that she's older than that age . In fact she wears clothe for 13 yr old child . God , punish poverty , na poverty dey make pikin get stunted growth .
its poverty mentality thats disturbing many. I've a 14yr old cousin in uni, even my friends daughter got admission aged 13. If u see them, u'll swear they're older than many 20yr olds
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by mrkings84(m): 3:09pm On May 24, 2015
zanga420:
its poverty mentality thats disturbing many. I've a 14yr old cousin in uni, even my friends daughter got admission aged 13. If u see them, u'll swear they're older than many 20yr olds
That's true bro. Most especially now that they fertilise children like agric fowl..... na so pikin of 13 go big like 22 yrs person but open him head na water water brains na him go day Inside.
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by safarigirl(f): 3:14pm On May 24, 2015
EbuGeneral:
his career have been hit with injury crisis, talent is talent. even IHEANACHO was affected by injury but got back to his best to score against CHELSEA and MAN U(Under21). so if success is back fully, i bet you he is better than AWONIYI. Why did MANU add him in his final 23 man list. check the tournament(AYC) this guys played without IHEANACHO and SUCCESS, They scored less goals. SUCCESS IS A GOAL POACHER
please, don't compare U17 to U20. This is like comparing Senior World Cup to U23. The terrain is tougher as the age grade gets higher. This same Awoniyi won Top Scorer at the Super Six, outplaying grown men. When last did Success score? What makes you think he's in as good a form as he was 2 years ago? In football, even 3 months can change a player. On CURRENT FORM Awoniyi will have Isaac watching him from the bench
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by front247: 3:26pm On May 24, 2015
Tolexander:
football age! tongue
even if they added to their age, it will be small not like before wey dem dey add btw 10yrs to 15yrs
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by front247: 3:29pm On May 24, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
It's true... Most of the players are from Academy.. I think this is the first time Nigeria will not be cheating at age group competition
tell those ignoramus on nairaland

1 Like

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by thedio(m): 3:32pm On May 24, 2015
cant wait to watch this boys @ world cup as they wil mesmerise many of their opponent defence. I bet manu garba is going to av selection prob wit the likes of moses simon,musa yahaya,ihianacho,taiwo awoniyi,isaac success,godwin and eze in his team. Let the world cup begins,bring brazil,germany,spain,argentina.........mind u the philosopy is total football. My hearth goes to abdulahi alfa,samuel okon and alhazzan ibrahim who were unable to make d journey

1 Like

Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by ohimai83: 3:38pm On May 24, 2015
EbuGeneral:
That first goal Success scored against Sweden at U17 WC before his injury was just breathe taking. I was left gaping for a few seconds. For someone so young to have the composure to do that, shows he is world class. Awoniyi is very good but I think a fully fit Success is better.
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by front247: 3:44pm On May 24, 2015
rashygenius:

some of dem like u mentioned are overaged including iheanacho but even if they add to their age it is not like before u- 20 dat will add up to 10yrs to 15yrs
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. by front247: 3:47pm On May 24, 2015
rashygenius:

some of dem like u mentioned are overaged including iheanacho but they are younger than former sets

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seria A: Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Defeat Udinese 4 - 0 / Arsenal Table A Third Bid For West Ham Captain Declan Rice Worth £105m / Arsene Wenger Set To Join FIFA, But Still Wants A Coaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.