Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Daylight Robbery By EEDC Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daylight Robbery By EEDC Aba (507 Views)

Fashola Angry With Enugu Legislators Action On Eedc / Alhassan Rejects Taraba Governorship Election Results, Calls It Daylight Robbery / Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daylight Robbery By EEDC Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2015
Please fellow Nigerians and Nairalanders look into this matter and make a contribution

In my street, as at 2013, we were making use of an electric transformer with the street before our own and due to the large number of people making use of this transformer the voltage at our end was so small that it can barely power a phone charger

Some people resorted to generators in order to have electricity, while some people who do not have generating sets managed the "half current" as it is called...

The attention of EEDC or phcn was called to this and they promised to make another transformer available for our own part of the street in order to reduce the load on the other one, we waited and waited without any positive response from them... The people living in our street decided to contribute money to buy a new transformer and power cables to install it...

After getting the necessary permits and making the necessary payments the transformer was installed and commissioned, two days after the commissioning from EEDC enugu. The state chapter of EEDC came and disconnected the light claiming that our street was owing 4million naira as community bill from the. Other non-performing transformer,

When we asked them about the the bills we have been paying to their office. They feigned ignorance...when the youths there started getting annoyed and reminded them that it was their duty to provide and install transformers.......they said for us to enjoy the new transformer we have to pay the 4million

My question now is whether this is normal, I mean this people contributed to buy a transformer and also paid for the installation after necessary payments from EEDC.

For the records, the place in question is
Umunkama village after starline street.
ogbor hill, Aba, Abia state..

Cc: seun, ishilove, lalasticala pls move this to the appropriate place so that fellow nairalanders and probably people that matter in the society will pay attention... Thanks
Re: Daylight Robbery By EEDC Aba by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 23, 2015
Has anyone seen "change"?
Re: Daylight Robbery By EEDC Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Has anyone seen "change"?
right now if nothing is done to address this issue I fear a break down of law and order should this EEDC people be sighted in that place again

(1) (Reply)

Stakeholders Meet Senate, Begins Fuel Lifting Today / Jonathan, PDP Owe Decoration Firm N360m / What Is Your Message For Our Incoming New President...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.