Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter (16390 Views)

Abductors Reduce Ondo Perm Sec Ransom To N20m / Police Arrest Notorious Kidnappers While Spending N12 Million Ransom Money (pic) / Arase: ''Stop Paying Ransom To Kidnappers'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by folahann(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2015
Seyi Olaoluwa, a daughter of Dr. Femi Omisore, one of the several persons kidnapped in Ekiti State, has debunked the story of the Police, regarding the release of the kidnap victims on Saturday.

Olaoluwa specifically accused the Police, which claimed to have rescued the 10 victims freed on Saturday morning, of lying.

Omisore, a lecturer in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, was kidnapped penultimate Saturday on his way to Oye Ekiti, for a funeral ceremony. His driver was killed by the abductors while the hoodlums shot at the fuel tank of the car until the car went up in flames.

A version of the release of the kidnappers have said the Vigilance group in Esure Ekiti rescued the victims while the police, through their Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Ojukwu, claimed to have rescued the victims while an unspecified number of the kidnappers were arrested.

Olaoluwa, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone on Saturday, denied that the victims, including his father, were released by the kidnappers after the relations of all the victims had paid the specified amount of ransom charged by the kidnappers.

She said, “It’s a lie. They were not rescued by anybody. The vigilantes did not rescue them; we paid ransom. Everybody paid ransom before they were released.

“We paid ransom on Wednesday. My bother was the one that took the ransom to Benin Road. The people said we should come to Akure. When they got Akure, they asked them to come towards Benin Road. They used the phone to trail them until they got to somewhere nearly Benin.

“They directed them towards a forest before Benin, where they showed them the money some of the victims’ relations had paid. They were so confident that they said every body must pay before the victims would be released. We paid our own on Wednesday.

“So, I believe that it was when all the relations of the victims had paid that they decided to release them. For the police to claim to have released them is not true.”

Olaoluwa did not however specify how much was paid for Omisore’s release.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-lied-we-paid-ransom-to-kidnappers-omisores-daughter/
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 23, 2015
Typing..........
I hate "change"
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by folahann(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Typing.......... I hate "change"
I catch you o. You take style book space

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 23, 2015
folahann:

I catch you o. You take style book space
i dont like it, and so i dont do such
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Tunami(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2015
oro di huun

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Tunami(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2015
naija police have been deceving the masses since 1900

15 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
Ok. tongue

SHEBI NA OLOKPAAAAA? ??!!
OUR MEN IN BLACK? DIRRTY PEOPLE WEY NA TO SCRATCH YANSH FOR ROAD DEM SABI grin grin grin.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
We know na Nigerian police are synonymous with lies

NPF=lies

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by gebest: 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
lying is allowed in police, but on a serious note, some times the police use to try in terms of rescue mission from kidnappers. truth be told i must give them kudos for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by wise7(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2015
Bursted
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by luckman20(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2015
No jobs. No fuel. No electricity. No salary. No security.

This is the government they wanted us to vote. Six more days to go. Never again!

14 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by timilehing(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2015
No be today na. Even Nigeria Army dey take glory for wetin dem no do.

I'm sure nothin will happen to the policeman that released the previous info that NPF rescued the kidnapped people

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by baybeeboi: 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
I expect some people to blame Fayose here.

I can see them coming already.
Meanwhile........police is ur friend
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by ifeanyiso(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
Vigilance group claiming glory...
Police claiming glory...
Victims said they paid ransom for their released...
Who we go believe
Thankgod they came out alive,if not this wouldn't have been the headline

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by timilehing(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2015
Laughing in Swahili grin grin

By the time Fayose completes 365 days in office (if he survived impeachment), Ekiti state will be far worse than Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by skondo09(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2015
ekiti! ekiti!! i tire 4 u o, 4rm political unrest to serial kidnapping. fayose see wat d use of thugs in politics hv turned d state to
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 23, 2015
Believe the Nigerian police at your own risk
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by yellowhouse30: 8:26pm On May 23, 2015
Who are they deceiving? We are in trouble in this country ;

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 23, 2015
Even if all of you fall for police and their lies, I for once cannot and will never fall for their lies.

Police man will see blue and will tell you it's red, even beating you uptill a point that the blue becomes red in your eyes.

I hate them with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by CR77(f): 8:27pm On May 23, 2015
Na wa 4 our police oo

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by shammah1(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2015
Nawa o
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by nerodenero: 8:29pm On May 23, 2015
If the Police had known this lady was going to expose their lies, they would have done something to shut her up. This isn't the first time they are lying to the public and I don't see them stopping any time soon.

If you have an opportunity to choose between Nigerian Police and the devil, please choose the devil.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by cyprus000: 8:30pm On May 23, 2015
[size=13pt]
Na their way.

If na to harass and extort from innocent civilians.
Them get A1 for that one.

But if them see common pick pocket,their body go dey shake..SMH
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by princeemmaon(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2015
nerodenero:
If the Police had known this lady was going to expose their lies, they would have done something to shut her up. This isn't the first time they are lying to the public and I don't see them stopping any time soon.

Our Naija police ll never learn
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Menace2Society(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2015
I dey laugh grin I hope I won't get kidnapped whenever I get home o o
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 23, 2015
this is a bad one from the Nigerian police force,..thanks to God non of the kidnapped victims were hurt or killed... pls always remember this......

police is your friend
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by Orter(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2015
We are really in trouble. O God come and rescue your people cryWe are really in trouble. O God come and rescue your people
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by strongerthaneva(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Typing..........
I hate "change"
I hate transformation..
Re: Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter by MRBrownJ: 8:39pm On May 23, 2015
i certainly can understand why the police would lie about what happened...... if the police say that they didnt pay the ransom to the kidnappers then the future would be kidnappers wont try this type of crime.....but, if you write all over the media that people actually get away with it, then many foolish desperate people will try their hand at that new sport called KIDNAPPING.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Six Suspected Kidnappers In Adamawa / Police Torture Farmer To Death In Ogun (photo) / Pastor Udoh Okon Arrested For Raping A 9-Year-Old Girl In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.