Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

State Of The Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of The Nations (289 Views)

Court Bars Banks From ‘instigating’ Kashamu’s Arrest - The Nations / Security Agencies Watch-list Supreme Court Justices-the Nations / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nations by ade95: 8:00pm On May 23, 2015
State of the Nation
Nigeria,the Proclaimed Giant of Africa,a country lying along the coast of west Africa, with estimated population of 170 million people,blessed with abundance of mineral resources, manpower,land mass,fertile and arable land.
She gained her independence in 1960 from her British colonialist and became republic of hers in 1963.she had witnessed political bombardment as a frequent military intervention in political scene never allowed for a lasting democratic regime. However in 1999 Democracy was re-ushered in and that is what we still have till this moment of writing.
Between 1999-May 28 2015, she has been governed by 3 presidents,with each government dishing out mouth watering manifestos. Has any of them been able to live upto expectation? I leave that to be answered by distinguished readers.
A country embattled with high level of unemployment, power failure, class economy where the rich gets richer and the poor become poorer if care is not taken.
Readers may begin to ponder why this article has been up. Yes! I put up this article to express my pain as a Nigerian who has sufferred from the messy economy, unstable academic calendar, class strata.How on earth can we be the 7th largest oil producing nation with no functioning refinery, fuel scarcity, hoarding of fuel and eventual price hike in cost of transport. Countrymen I think it high time we started asking questions. to be continued....
Re: State Of The Nations by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 23, 2015
Hmm same feelings here bro

(1) (Reply)

Power Outage: How Bad Is It In Your Area? / Who Will Trek For The High Fuel Pump Price? / Fayose Lifts Curfew On Ado-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.