Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years (497 Views)

3 Characters Of A Poorly Governed State / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / We’ll Be Back In Four Years Time – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by NewNigeriaMind: 8:44am On May 24, 2015
I was opportune to read Elrufai"s plan for Kaduna I was quite impressed and happy for Kaduna people. They made the right choice.

Extract from his comments:

Governor-Elect, Mallam Nasir El-rufai

From the NNPC to civil service down to core issue of governance, El-Rufai who spoke on the topic “Governance and Improving Efficiency in Public Service”, blew hot, canvassing for zero budgeting system.

Hear the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT:

“We must operate a zero based budgeting system. We must draw a line and say no more let every agency justify every penny from personal cost how many people do you have? What are their salaries? Why are you paying them this salary? If it is recorded why are you taking more teas than any other in the world?

“Why do your vehicles consume more petrol than all the vehicles in Kaduna state? We must ask this question and start the budgeting circle now; it has to be zero based. In Kaduna that is what we are doing, I am not going to even look at budget that is there we are going to do a budget from 30 May.
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by NewNigeriaMind: 8:48am On May 24, 2015
A zero based budgeting method implies that each budget holder must justify each budget element as if the expenditure is to be talking for the first time in history.

Example:

If Kaduna state water corporation include in its budget that it need Nxxxxxx for vehicle maintenance, the person incharge has to present a justification for the amount stated in the budget and its must be compared with the amount similar organizations spend on vehicle maintenance. If the cost cannot be justified, the amount that would be budgeted will be zero naira
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by gwales: 8:49am On May 24, 2015
Kaduna is about to reclaim it's lost glory
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by NewNigeriaMind: 8:52am On May 24, 2015
Only professional accountants will understand what mallam is planning for the corrupt officials in Kaduna state now.

If you are the commissioner for works, you must justify every amount in your budget and prove to the government why they should give you the money.
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by Young03(m): 8:53am On May 24, 2015
If i hear

i still never forget how many people el-rufai rendered homeless and hopeless during his days as FCT minister

development he said.....
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by Gbawe: 8:56am On May 24, 2015
@OP.

I too expect El-Rufai to transform Kaduna immensely. Whatever anyone thinks of El-Rufai personally, it would be hard to deny that he is a brilliant man and an inspired solutions provider. Those sort always deliver.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by abduljabbar4(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2015
You are right but there's no money oo. I don't really expect much from baba El'rufa'i
Re: Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years by abduljabbar4(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2015
Young03:
If i hear

i still never forget how many people el-rufai rendered homeless and hopeless during his days as FCT minister

development he said.....
Of course those with illegal buildings will become homeless. We have a lot of them but apart from that there's no problem

(1) (Reply)

#breakingnews Fashola Instals New Ayangburem Of Ikorodu / Jonathan Did Not Starve EFCC Of Funds - EFCC / Constitutional Amendment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.