Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy (558 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / OPINION: Buhari Is To Blame For Recent Biafra Agitations- By Femi Aribisala / Security: Bauchi Should Cancel "Hawan Daushe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy by kenny091(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2015
The mess in the petroleum sector in Nigeria today is of grand proportions, I wish I could say it has been an unprecedented two weeks of passion for all and sundry, but that would amount to self deceit. Nigerians have had to go through untold pains at the whims and whimsicles of our petroleum suppliers. Any slight change or appearance of instability in the petrol market and this marketers sit on their product and jack the prices up. Armtwisting helpless Nigerians and holding the whole system to ransom. I believe what affords them the ability to do this is the unity granted to them by fuel subsidy, which aims to ensure they sell fuel at a controlled price. Take for instance a petrol station selling fuel for 170 naira in the middle of the night today only to get a call from his fellow marketers and he stopped. They reopened today to join the others in selling for a whooping 300 naira per litre. As it is now the fuel marketers have done their worst, they have shown how much love they have for Nigerians. Now would be the right time to pull the plug on them and remove the subsidy. Let market forces pull down the prices with time. In the meantime one of the key goals for this incoming Government is to build at least two functional refineries in the country so that this embarrasing situation of the son of a baker crying for bread does not repeat itself. If we produce the oil we should have to suffer like this to get the oil. Fellow Nigerians over to you......
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy by redcliff: 7:07pm On May 24, 2015
Men these your english and parables.. the oil marketerd dont care about it o
Re: Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy by Neduzze5(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2015
Good opinion. Over to you Buhari.

As for me, I don't think there's any need to do that. The Messiah has promised to reduce fuel price to 1 naira per litre. So whether we reduce fuel price or not, it will still be very cheap!!

#BuhariJoker!
Re: Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy by kenny091(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2015
Dude this message is not for the fuel marketers, they do not really care about us. Its for the incoming government. Don't you think its a cruel paradox that a country that produces fuel is also suffering becomes some marketers have refused to import this same oil
Re: Opinion: Buhari Should Cancel Fuel Subsidy by tinzymoha: 8:22pm On May 25, 2015
The idea of susidy is good... Some marketers just look for ways to out smart pef... If Buhari remove susidy without our refineries and depots working the way it's suppose to, Nigerians will suffer ... And please fuel can never be N1 per liter..is he OPEC? For fuel to be N1 per liter our money has to be as strong as dollar which is so impossible and we must stop importation of refined products which we can't coz our refineries ain't working properly... Oil and gas sector needs total transformation Abeg

(1) (Reply)

A Legacy Worth Embracing :major-general Tunde Idiagbon / . / Muhammed To Swear In Muhammed(gmb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.