Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) (31906 Views)

Photos From Independence Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service, Abuja / Oby & Pastor Chinedu Ezekwesili At Inauguration Thanksgiving (pictured) / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan With Ipad At Inauguration (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 9:48pm On May 24, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President-elect, Professor Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday, May 24, worshipped at the National Christian Centre, Abuja as part of the 2015 Presidential Inauguration service for the Nigerian Christian community.

The inauguration activities kicked off last Friday with a prayer service at the National Mosque, Abuja, where former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, represented the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

The interdenominational inauguration service at the National Christian Centre also doubled as a Presidential Thanksgiving service for out-going President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience, who was in attendance with some members of his cabinet.

The theme of the service was “Give Thanks in all Circumstances.”

The service was well attended as the venue was full to capacity. In attendance were representatives of most Christian denominations, women groups, communities, voluntary organisations and students representing many educational institutions in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

The choir of the host organization, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, rendered several popular and interesting Christian songs that entertained the congregation so also the Bayelsa State Choir and the Port Harcourt Men’s Ensemble.
The first reading at the service taken from Isaiah 62: 1-7 was taken by out-going Senate President, David Mark, while the Vice President-elect, Mr. Osinbajo, took the second reading from the gospel according to Luke 17: 11-19.

In his sermon at the service, Nicholas Okoh, the Primate of the Anglican Church of Nigeria, called on Nigerians not to despair no matter the state of affairs in the nation, but to daily endeavour to count their blessings and give thanks to God. His message substantially dwelt on the theme of forgiveness by Nigerians for one another and for the leadership who might have disappointed in their stewardship, adding that it is only a free conscience, not burdened perpetually by guilt that move the nation forward as God, our creator, always readily forgives sinners.

He urged Nigerians to support the incoming Buhari government and to allow it time to put in place the changes and prosperity they would want to see.
Prayers were held by select Christian churches for the incoming and outgoing leaders and their families as well as the various arms of government.
Also present at the service were the wife of the Vice President-elect, Dolapo Osinbajo; National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, John Odigie-Oyegun; former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon; Secretary to Federal Government, Pius Anyim; and a number of ministers of the government. Sam Nda-Isaiah, an APC stalwart and Ayo Oritsejafor, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), were also present.

Garba Shehu

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/183620-inauguration-jonathan-osinbajo-worship-together.html

Photo credit: Reuben Abati

#PresidentialThanksgiving&InaugurationChurchService, Abuja, Sunday, May 24.

https://mobile.twitter.com/abati1990/status/602557339279982592

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by seankafor(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2015
hahahahahahahah.... *clears eyes* am i first to comment?:.....
Oh God that maketh me. Let this be the begining of things to come to me starting from this week. Also keep my enemies so that they can see when am greater. Provide for them food so i can feast upon them later. Haters are minority. We re balling major.
As for the topic... Nothing concerns me with politics cos they re birds of the same feathers. One carrying politics matter for head is like one looking for the day to see God.
Let me stop here so that these mens beneath me can contribute.
(*teamgettingmoneyisamust*).
For those who believe in God,God bless u all..for those who dont, more alomo to what u believe in..
I m out.

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by GabrielSuswam(m): 9:51pm On May 24, 2015
I was Here
Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by nerodenero: 9:52pm On May 24, 2015
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the brief man grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by otr1(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2015
Osinbajo, be ye not unequally yoked with Jonathan o!grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 24, 2015
Osibanjo is a fake pastor
He dines wif d devil(apc)
I hate "change"

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by akins56(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 24, 2015
seankafor:
g

"g" for "general" in ilorin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 24, 2015
ojsamuel:

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by bunmioguns(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2015
undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by midolian(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2015
Na only God know wetin go dey their minds like that cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by lilmax(m): 9:57pm On May 24, 2015
Osinbade is not smiling

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by notoriousbabe: 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "change"
your sickness half start again

50 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by otr1(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
A car can pass between their handshakes, why?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by orimsamsam(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "change"
u hate change, dat the reason u ave been living a useless life

Meanwhile

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by abduljabbar4(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2015
So gej goes to church. I'm surprised

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by otr1(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

"g" for "general" in ilorin lipsrsealed
If I catch you for Ilorin, na die o!grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by abduljabbar4(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "change"
Beware of codeines and cocaines.

Fool you won't attack Islam this time. Monkey

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by priscaoge(f): 10:06pm On May 24, 2015
Someone is missing out here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by efilefun(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
Osibanjo wife dey pity GEJ for that first picture "Chaiii this bros go nearly die for prison ooo"

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by omanifrank(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
good for them at least

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by MrMcJay(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
Okay

One is dressed in a blue power suit, the other is dressed like a magician.

One is a Professor of Law and an SAN, the other has a doubtful Phd with not a single student ever seen.

The wife of one is simply dressed in a cool colour, the other one combined colours like a confused chameleon.

One lady is spotting the fabric head tie of her cloth, the other one's head tie is like the fence of a prison.

Lord, guide our leaders aright!

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Bonapart(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
Evil men everywhere
Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by gen2briz(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
Humm
Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 24, 2015

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by MrPresident1: 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
otr1:
Osinbajo, be ye not unequally yoked with Jonathan o!grin

But be equally yoked to Alhaji Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Osinbajo Worship Together At Inauguration Service Abuja (photos) by Gwekzy: 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
GEJ must be pained standing next to Osinbajo....it's human nature

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victims Of Gombe Bomb Blast In Hospital (Graphic Photos) / EU Raises Concern Over Independence Of INEC / Edo Lawmakers Walk Out Commissioner For Improper Dressing -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.