Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nysc Camping Experience. .....share Yours Here For Others To Know - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Camping Experience. .....share Yours Here For Others To Know (1248 Views)

Nysc Camping Is Now 2weeks! / Most Common Foods Served During Nysc Camping / Posted To Gombe B15, Camping In Kaduna, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Camping Experience. .....share Yours Here For Others To Know by cfame1(m): 5:45am On May 25, 2015
I was deployed to cross river state so my camp was in obubra.
Of course like some of the camps, obubra is in a remote area in the central part of cross river state(about 4hrs to calabar)
The camp wasn't funny on the day I arrived (4th night). We were fooled into paying 1k at the gate (money for camp video cd plate), then sent to hostel c room 5. On the d day, we were all told to move out again woth our belongings for proper searching and documentation. Some items like clippers, extensions etc were seized.
On entering inside, we were grouped and asked to carry our luggage on our heads (pitied those with big bags sha) we jogged with the bags on our heads, sat, stood, sang ran and even frogged jumped with the bags on our heads. Some werw shading tears (mines wasn't that big tho)
After that came the milipede-like long queues for registration. This aspect wasn't funny ad the queues were scattered and reformed on several occasions. I finally registered on wed, gotma khaki and meal ticket grin
Missed da first parade cos of registration.
Finally on thur we all changed into our traditional camp white fowl attires and waist pouches! seriously the white fowl attires especially those given by nysc humbled many especially d fat ones. We were at the mercies of those military men and man o'war. Our camp commandant nicknamed himself little angel. Of course he looked miniaturised bt angelic? I couldn't tell. My first week was hell-like not because the daily drills and parades but cos I have never subjected myself to such . We would sleep by 10:30 (not many sleep by this time o) to wake officially by 4:30 for morning meditation. Mammy was always buzzling with activities. As expected, things were very expensive there.
The following week I got used to camp activities. Games and social activities came and I enjoyed every bit of the activities. Though the surrounding hostel environment wasn't homely, it was handled after the first sanitation. Funny enough, there was no single mosquito in the hostels.
I got accustomed to the traditional biggles(right spelling?)
The first fire alarm was around thur of the second week and we were all assembled on the parade ground. All wwere asked to sit on d floor for like 3hrs simply because a female corper misbehaved. Before then I had already endeared d first punishment of sitting on a muddy floor...chai.
The second fire alarm was at night 1am on the third week to celebrate our CC birthday. We were also told to sit on the floor. Then came carnival, endurance trek and camp fire night.
I personally enjoyed the handling of our state director alhaji habibu kurawa amd other camp officials. I La ter enjoyed the soldiers nman o war men too. The soldiers even assisted in buying water for us when we were under d sun for swearing in ceremony.
I enjoyed the experience mehnnnnn!!
Add urs

1 Like

Re: Nysc Camping Experience. .....share Yours Here For Others To Know by missKiffy(f): 4:51pm On May 25, 2015
Abia corpers how was your camp experience smiley

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Corpers Dey Suffer...pls Help Us / HSE Alert!! Akwa Ibom / NYSC Corps Members Sensitise Public On Drug Abuse In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.